Quantcast Ride reviews

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Ride reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride reviews

Thought I would comment a bit on some of the rides at Universal, especially now that I've had the chance to go on Transformers 3D and Despicable Me. I really thought Despicable Me was fun and entertaining, my 21-y.o. son thought it was cute to do one time but not worth standing in a long line for (which there usually was). Transformers 3D was okay but somewhat underwhelming. Unless you are a rabid fan of the movies it feels kind of repetitive--enter scene, machine transforms into robot, tries to smash car, good robot beats back bad robot, wash, rinse, repeat. The young boy behind us was really getting into it, but it reminded me too much of the Spiderman ride, except not as colorful.

Mummy is still a great combination of visual effects and rollercoaster ride. If the new Gringott's Bank ride is anything like this I know it will be a hit. Love, love, love Forbidden Journey; I think I made my son go on it with me five times! And he rediscovered how much fun Dragon Challenge is, back from the days when it was Dueling Dragons.

Hulk was a blast although it was rougher than I remembered and Rip Ride Rockit was a little smoother than I remembered. We did our old favorites, Twister and Disaster, both nice attractions to escape the heat of the afternoon for a little while.

We even did the water rides on our last day, not caring that we would get wet at that point. I don't think we had done them in over ten years and it was a lot of fun, especially as we practically had the rides to ourselves (it was towards the end of the day).

So, what are your favorite attractions? And which ones do you think they should retire?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a very long time since I've been to Universal Orlando. Despicable Me just opened here at Universal Hollywood, but I haven't been on it yet. I have been on Transformers 3D here many times after it opened a couple of years ago. I also thought it was just OK. I still feel Spider-Man is a better ride overall.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Just got back from Hollywood. Transformers is pretty good, but nearly as good as spiderman. As someone said previously, Spiderman is more colorful in every meaning of the word.

The one thing Hollywood has, the backlot tour is incredible. Loved the king kong, and jaws still lives!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

The Transformers ride was new to me this trip, and the ride stopped working after about one minute: It stayed stopped for around 3 minutes, then restarted with no sound initially: it finally got back on track. As we exited the ride, a member was waiting with Universal Express passes for any ride (except Despicable Me), including Transformers that we were able to use. They apologized & were very professional.
    ]1990-CBR:Honeymoon
    1995 Dixie Landings Ann.
    1998 AS Music
    1999 AS Movies
    2003 Dixie Landings/Polynesian
    2005 POR
    2006 Swan
    2008 POR
    2010 Beach Club 20yr
    2011 Hilton Bon Cr Marriott World Ctr Boardwalk
    2013 Disneyland Hotel
    2016 AS Music
    2019 Pop 2022 Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Post Thanks / Like

Spidey was my fav. haven't been on transformers. HP was good, but not as great as all say I think. the queue is good. Hulk is good.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Basing this off my October trip last year, starting with Universal first... I'm sure I am missing something, just basing this off of what I did last year...

Mummy: still love it.. Didn't at first when it opened, but it has grown on me.. Very fun coaster...

MIB: Best shooter attraction in Orlando.. yes, sorry it beats the Wii game in DHS and the card board cheap out Buzz Lightyear..

Simpsons: Fun attraction... A silly fun... Dunno if it is better than Back to the Future, but when you enter Springfield and Krustyland, the attraction actually adds extra life there... The whole area very well done...

E.T.: LOVE!!!! Still a fan of the little alien, so the attraction means something to me... If they ever get rid of it, and I hope they don't, I'll miss it but will get over it cause chances are Universal will make something better... But rumors are for a sprucing up for ET, and it is welcome...

Terminator: Still a fun show but very dated, especially since Terminator is now getting a reboot...

Transformers: Excellent attraction... Thrilling, fun, and wonderful... as much as I loved it, I don't think it's better than Spiderman... But isn't far off...

Shrek: needs to go... Now... Like yesterday... last month, last year...

Despicable Me: Cute attraction... Enjoyed it... But I don't think I'd wait 45 minutes again for it...

Twister: Update or get rid of...

Disaster: Pretty cool still... Walken hologram is pretty well done... Feels like ti needs an update though... Since it takes place in San Fran, I don't know.. Maybe an update with GODZILLA since the movie is a success???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Just one note of interest, Universal has installed metal detectors at the entrance to some of their more intense rides such as Rip, Ride and Rockit and the Hulk. No items including change, keys or cell phones are allowed to be taken on these attractions and free lockers are available. The reason for this is that these rides pass over area walkways and in the past, items have fallen from the trains and injured guest. people taking "selfies", not securing other items and some mouth breathers deliberate trying to hit passers by with coins and other objects have led to this change. This is also the reason that the Dragon Challenge (formerly Dueling Dragons) no longer launch both trains simultaneously. Just another case of a few jerks ruing it for everyone else! ......OK, I'm through ranting now
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: