Quantcast Flowers and Gardens -- Part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flowers and Gardens -- Part 1

Saturday May 3, 2014 Magic Bands +

Well, here we are - relaxing on a Saturday evening. Except for a few last minute things, the bags are packed - in fact, the checked bags are already in the trunk as is one of the carry on bags. We have an 8:00 a.m. flight in the morning and should be in Disney by lunch time.

For this trip, we will be staying at Villas Wilderness Lodge for the first time. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge many times but never before in the Villas. This resort is a favorite of ours so we are really looking forward to this stay. We have booked a one bedroom villa - love having the washer/dryer right in our room.

We did not rent a car this trip and we didn't even book town car transportation so will be traveling via Magical Express. It's been a while since we've done this - we'll see how this goes. Since we don't have a car or a grocery stop, we've ordered some basic supplies via Strollers & Groceries. Delivery is slated to be between 1 and 3 tomorrow.

Dining - we've booked some dinners and left other days up in the air. We know we'll be dining at California Grill, Citrico's, and Rose and Crown. We were not terribly impressed by Be Our Guest before but, just for ha-ha's I checked for reservations a couple of times - well after our 180 day mark - and, surprise, surprise, a reservation for Mother's Day evening popped up so I booked it. Hope I'm more impressed this time around. We are also scheduled to dine at Victoria & Albert's. We had booked this for our trip last December but I came down with a cold on the trip. You do NOT want to be under the weather when you dine here so we rebooked that reservation for this trip. And, yes, despite it being pricey, we sprang for the new after hours offerings at Epcot where we booked Tutto Gusto - we'll see whether or not we think this is worth the cost after we've been. Actually, Gene doesn't even really know I've booked this though he can see what we're scheduled for when he looks at My Disney Experience.

Fast Pass+ - This was in transition for most of our planning. I followed the plan wherein my fastpass+ reservations are mostly booked for afternoons. After all the planning was done, Disney announced the availability of additional fastpass+ bookings after using up your first 3 so it might have made more sense to book morning fastpass+. In any case, by that point, I was DONE and was not going to go back and change all the plans so we'll see how this all works out.

As to the heading of this report - Magic Bands+, we now have a total of 9 magic bands. Here's how it has all worked out. On our trip last December, which is the first time we had the magic bands, we customized 2 and 2 were shipped to our home prior to our arrival. When we got to Disney World, two more were presented to us at check-in (basic grey). For this trip, I customized two bands which were shipped to us. I got another notice to customize my bands. Okay, I'll play. I customized two additional bands. These arrived shortly after the first set. These are annual passholder bands and came with an additional little adornment we can slide on our bands noting our status as passholders. Then I received notice of an additional band - for some reason this one was only addressed to Gene and not to me. I did not customize this one. So band number nine was recently shipped to us. This box only had the one band for Gene only and included an additional adornment for being a vacation club owner. Why this could not be coordinated in some way, I do not know.

We are also greatly looking forward to summer like weather - it's been a very long winter here in the Northeast. This is also a favorite time of year for us to visit - especially for Epcot's Flower & Garden show. Weather forecasts for this week in Florida are mostly favorable; however rain is predicted for our last two days - Sunday and Monday of next weekend. That's still a ways out so the weather predictions may change. Still, if it rains, it rains - we'll deal!! The weather is the weather - nothing you can do to change it.

I suspect I will not sleep well tonight as I rarely do when we are about to travel. I blame that on the movie - Home Alone - you know, how everyone overslept when they were supposed to be up and going to the airport? That's always my fear - I'll sleep right past when I am supposed to get up and will miss my flight - so, consequently, I'm always waking up and checking the clock to be sure I can sleep more before it's time to get up and leave for the airport.

We really need a vacation - and now it is here!!! Excited!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a lot of waste(bands). Hope they get that sorted out. Your plans sound great. Hope you have a magical trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful trip. The villas wilderness lodge is our home resort. I hope you enjoy it.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I've sooooo been looking forward to your return and subsequent reports, Linda. It truly has been a brutal winter, and I need to share in your Disney sunshine
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I cannot wait!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

A fabulous trip awaits you Linda!

I am excited to read your reports when you return!

Enjoy!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Love your reports, hope WLV lives up to your expectations

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited to be reading your reports, you write them well! It has been a long winter here in the Northeast, I'm glad you are got away! I hope you like BOG, we went for lunch in November and loved it! Onto the next report!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading your reports! Thanks so much for sharing! Weird about the magic bands!!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I know that I am late in following your reports but I always enjoy reading them, so it's time for me to join in your fun.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I always love your reports! Can't wait to read all about your trip. It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things planned.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been on Intercot as much since we moved to Georgia, but I felt like reading some trip reports today and was so excited to see you had a fairly recent report on here. My all time favorite Intercot Trip reporter!

I understand the magicband stockpile. We are annual passholders again and make at least one trip a month to WDW now that we are so close. We now have 16 magicbands including the dull gray that we keep getting at the resorts, our colorful annualpass bands, and DD9's Darth Vader limited edition band. We keep telling them we don't need them, but they keep giving them to us. Looking forward to reading the rest of the reports!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Faline, I love your "pre-game" report. You're building the excitement and anticipation of an impending Disney vacation very well. (It makes me even more excited for my own trip this September.) I always enjoy your posts and eagerly look forward to your reports. Thanks and enjoy.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness