Quantcast Gringotts Ride

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Gringotts Ride

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gringotts Ride

Universal has posted pictures of its new Gringotts ride on Facebook. It looks fantastic. The ride vehicles look like the Mummy ride .... which is great for me, because I can handle "coaster" type rides much better than the swinging arm rides (like FJ).

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It does look fantastic.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Universal has posted pictures of its new Gringotts ride on Facebook. It looks fantastic. The ride vehicles look like the Mummy ride .... which is great for me, because I can handle "coaster" type rides much better than the swinging arm rides (like FJ).
    Yes, from what we heard on our trip to UO last weekend, the ride sounds like it will be similar to the Mummy ride, albeit with 3D. The queuing area also sounds like it will be quite interesting.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds awesome!!!! Mummy is one of our favorite rides....anywhere. So if the new ride is in anyway similar we will love it. Actually it's Harry Potter so I guess we will love it no matter what. Lol.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a coaster... Well, not a true coaster... It is on a coaster track but the vehicles are more like Spiderman... More dark ride than coaster... They are motion based vehicles..

And this ride will set the new bar for theme park attractions... Diagon Alley will set the new bar for theme park lands... Universal does it again...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember watching HP for the first time and thinking what an awesome ride it would be if they made the Gringott scene into a ride. I sure wish they were doing soft openings next week when we are going to be there!!!
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Universal Blog... They have a wonderful video on the making of the ride... Very interesting.. Can't wait to get on this thing!!!

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

So...by not really a coaster, but more a dark ride, does that mean wimpy folks like me will be okay? I like Space Mountain, but not a big fan of drops etc.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    So...by not really a coaster, but more a dark ride, does that mean wimpy folks like me will be okay? I like Space Mountain, but not a big fan of drops etc.
    There is a big drop, but it sounds mostly like a "virtual" drop. I wouldn't call it "like a dark ride." I would say it is like a more extreme (movement wise) version of Dinosaur. This ride spins, jolts, and tips and it is presented in 360 degree 3D (glasses are worn). So, movements feel exaggerated by the visuals but the vehicle does move quite a bit.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    There is a big drop, but it sounds mostly like a "virtual" drop. I wouldn't call it "like a dark ride." I would say it is like a more extreme (movement wise) version of Dinosaur. This ride spins, jolts, and tips and it is presented in 360 degree 3D (glasses are worn). So, movements feel exaggerated by the visuals but the vehicle does move quite a bit.
    Nat - are you sure? The cars look to be the same as used in the Mummy attraction - and that one gives you a pretty good ride.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Nat - are you sure? The cars look to be the same as used in the Mummy attraction - and that one gives you a pretty good ride.
    Well, I'm not SURE, since I haven't personally experienced it. However, I have been reading and watching everything I can get my hands on after the media preview. I don't mind spoilers. I've read several in depth reviews of the ride and the consensus seems to be that it's significantly less intense and thrilling than Forbidden Journey, and a bit more thrilling than Spiderman and although it is a cart on a track, it's not really a high speed coaster. The restraints are pretty restrictive due to the way the cart moves which sounds pretty crazy. The big drop is mostly accomplished by excessive (almost vertical) tipping of the cart forward rather than an actual hill. The ride height requirement is only 42". That equates roughly to a child around 4 years old. In addition, riders wear 3D glasses, which would definitely be a problem if the ride was a high speed coaster.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Well, I'm not SURE, since I haven't personally experienced it. However, I have been reading and watching everything I can get my hands on after the media preview. I don't mind spoilers. I've read several in depth reviews of the ride and the consensus seems to be that it's significantly less intense and thrilling than Forbidden Journey, and a bit more thrilling than Spiderman and although it is a cart on a track, it's not really a high speed coaster. The restraints are pretty restrictive due to the way the cart moves which sounds pretty crazy. The big drop is mostly accomplished by excessive (almost vertical) tipping of the cart forward rather than an actual hill. The ride height requirement is only 42". That equates roughly to a child around 4 years old. In addition, riders wear 3D glasses, which would definitely be a problem if the ride was a high speed coaster.
    Interesting - can't wait till I'll be down in October to see first hand.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it sounds very interesting. I will be in Orlando in August visiting family but I am going to try and pawn my boys off on my parents for a day and sneak off to Universal to check it out!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how this special will be but tonight on NBC is a one how making of Diagon Alley special... I will be watching... Nice way to start the night before Under the Dome...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: