Quantcast Too many rides down! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually found that the line at the Grand Californian entrance into DCA moved pretty fast first thing in the morning. Of course, there was the occasional hold-up when someone was trying to use a voucher printed online, but I do think entering there was preferable over the main entrance. Just make sure and get there 20 minutes or so before the park opens.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    We actually found that the line at the Grand Californian entrance into DCA moved pretty fast first thing in the morning. Of course, there was the occasional hold-up when someone was trying to use a voucher printed online, but I do think entering there was preferable over the main entrance. Just make sure and get there 20 minutes or so before the park opens.
    Getting there EARLY is key. We arrived around 9:15 and EMH had begun at 9.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    It probably depends on the day. The Sunday we were there wasn't too bad; we were in the park right when it opened using the GF gate, getting there about 15-20 minutes early. But the Monday was absolutely horrendous. We again got there 15-20 minutes early (@8:40), and there were probably twice to three times as many people already there as on Sunday before the park opened. We should have bailed then and gone to the front gates, but didn't. We did not get into the park until 9:30, a half-hour after EMH began. The lines took forever because they took digital pictures of anyone who was entering for the first time, and I imagine a lot of people were just starting their vacations.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

Defintely glad I was able to DL back in Noevember before all this stuff went down. And hopefully with all these refurbs right now, they're just getting it out of the way so that there can be a "year of rest". But we'll see.

As for the CMs be apathetic and not nearly as good as they should, I'll agree. WDW has always been a better experience for us in comparison to employees. Even the characters at DL seem more interested in their next break than taking pictures with my kids.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Going to DL for the first time in almost 20 years in September. Never been to DCA before. Getting nervous now. Already disappointed that Matterhorn will be down, as I've never ridden it before (I was about 12 when I was there last and too chicken). Nemo Submarines I'm not too disappointed about. Nothing else is on the schedule (yet...) but who knows what will be malfunctioning.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    Going to DL for the first time in almost 20 years in September. Never been to DCA before. Getting nervous now. Already disappointed that Matterhorn will be down, as I've never ridden it before (I was about 12 when I was there last and too chicken). Nemo Submarines I'm not too disappointed about. Nothing else is on the schedule (yet...) but who knows what will be malfunctioning.
    Don't be too sad about Matterhorn. The new vehicles are tiny and the ride is VERY uncomfortable and painful. It's not really a very enjoyable ride anymore.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Don't be too sad about Matterhorn. The new vehicles are tiny and the ride is VERY uncomfortable and painful. It's not really a very enjoyable ride anymore.

So very true. It's like a visit to the chiropractor. Holy adjustment!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha okay maybe it's a blessing in disguise (this is also how I feel about Primeval Whirl at AK which I refuse to ride again after being in physical pain afterwards the last time I rode it several years ago).
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend come over from Arizona to visit the park this past Saturday with his kids. I was working and didn't have time to join them, but he said the crowds were light, and they had a great time. Their longest wait was 40 minutes, for Toy Story Mania.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the 3rd week of May. Although I was disappointed about the rides being down, we had a good time. Most of the down rides were the ones that differentiate DL/WDW and I was briefly bummed by that.
    We stayed at PP and enjoyed going thru GF's gate. The people and CM were friendly and having fun.
    For us it was an exploration. We were looking for the differences/similarities. It was fun overall and we hit perfect weather (cooler than FL).
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: