Quantcast A few questions about DTD/construction in relation to Saratoga Springs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few questions about DTD/construction in relation to Saratoga Springs

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here often for about a year. Had some things going on, ....and I just didn't get on here a lot. Now, I'm behind.

In a few weeks, my family and I are renting points from a wonderful friend at SSR. We used to own DVC (before we sold it a few years ago) and we loved staying in the Congress Park area (which is the area that is near the water across from DTD).

We used to request that area for 3 reasons:
    1. We could walk to DTD with ease
    2. If we had ADR's for a resort restaurant, we could walk over there and just hop a bus to the resort.
    3. The view of DTD was lovely

I understand that DTD is having a lot of things done to it. A few questions:
    1. Are we still able to use the walkway/bridge that you can walk to, to get to DTD?...or is it closed?
    2. What sort of construction things are going on this month? Basically,....what construction will we see from our balcony?

I appreciate all this in advance. I hope everyone has a great day. :-)
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone walked from SSR to WDW lately?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Construction is currently underway for a walkway over the water. It doesn't *appear* to connect to SSR. It looks like it's more to connect one point of Marketplace DTD to another point of Marketplace DTD. The drilling/boring makes a loud "pinging" noise. It's very robotic and we were doing robotic dances with the noises. I have no clue about the walkway from SSR to DTD. But there is construction going on out in the water closest to the Marketplace DTD side, not so much on the SSR side. Hopefully the drilling will not last too long. That's about all I have to report.

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm still able to walk from SSR to DTD like I used to? (on that path?)
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Again, I am not sure about the walkway from DTD to SSR. BUT if you look back and below your post for the "Disney Springs Construction to Truly Begin" thread from 7/10/13, there was talk about the walking path from SSR to DD being closed indefinitely now until construction is finished.

Post Thanks / Like

The old walkway between SSR and DTD Marketplace permanantly closed as of last July. Here is the thread discussing the closure from way back when it was announced.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter walked the brand new walkway several times in January. It was open then.
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I work at DTD and am there 2 days a week. The walkway from the Congress Park area to the Marketplace is open.

Some recent closures:
    PI Bus Loop closed June 11
    Margarita Bar in the Marketplace

Work continues on:
    Guest walking bypass near Lego
    AMC and Planet Hollywood hardscape work (not sure what that is...)
    West side elevated space
    PI Canal
    Buena Vista Drive roadwork
    Portobello front patio
    Lots E, F & G
    Marketplace Causeway
    Saratoga Bridge
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: