Quantcast BLT and Top of the World Lounge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BLT and Top of the World Lounge

Please tell me what you like about this resort.
    Also, I am looking for info about the lounge and can't find much so if you have been there did you like it? What time is a good time to get there if we want to see the fireworks?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We like the proximity of Bay Lake Tower to the Magic Kingdom. We have stayed here twice and enjoyed both visits very much. The bridge over to the Contemporary is very convenient. Even if you don't have a theme park view, there are many places to watch fireworks.

We've been to Top of the World several times. It is typically not very crowded and, on most occasions, I would expect that you could arrive fairly close to the fireworks time in order to see them. The lounge serves drinks and appetizers in a friendly, comfortable environment.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We've never found the lounge to be crowded either. We find it a great spot to have a drink, relax, and sometimes grab a desert. The fireworks can be seen from the viewing area outside. You do need to show your membership card to get in.

If I only want the fireworks I actually prefer to watch from the 4th floor observation deck at the Contemporary although that can be more crowded,
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of people give BLT a lot of grief, and maybe rightly so, but I still love the resort... I always book with a MK view... I love how you can sit out on your balcony and watch the fireworks... I know they pumped the music in through the TV or though a sound system on the walkway... Haven't heard it in my last two trips though.... I'm sure someone will verify if they still do pump the music in...

As for the lounge, never busy, at least when I been up there... My last trip, there were two there people beside my brother and I... We just sat back, had a few cold beverages (I don't drink alcohol), and relaxed before heading back to the room...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BL once and loved it, the Contemporary is our favorite resort with the theming which is why BL is our home resort. We had a group of 8 last time we stayed there and one night we went up to the Top of the Tower, ordered drinks and apps and played a couple of card games while waiting for the fireworks. It was not crowded and all 8 of us were able to get a spot at the wall outside to watch Wishes. Walking over to MK or walking across the bridge to take the monorail to EPCOT or other resorts is great also.
    Recent:
    2006- Contemporary
    2007- WL
    2008- Poly (Engagement)
    2009- AK Jambo (Honeymoon)
    2010- BWV (First DVC Trip)
    2011- VWL
    2011- AK Jambo & Kidani
    2012- BWV/BCV
    2012- Disneyland Hotel (First Trip to DL)
    2013- BLT
    2013- BWV
    2014- AKL

Upcoming Trip- Feb 2015 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Can DVC owners still access the BLT Lounge even when NOT staying at BLT?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Can DVC owners still access the BLT Lounge even when NOT staying at BLT?
    Currently it is accessible through Dec 29, 2014 with blackout dates being 7/3 and 7/4. Chances are they probably will extend it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great info

Post Thanks / Like

Just stayed there a few weeks ago for the 2nd time and really love the location. We did try a studio room this time and found it way to small for our liking as our last trip was a 1 bedroom. Everything is so compact that you have to really pack things away because there is no counter space. I kept bumping my head on the cabinet above the sink because I couldn't see what I was washing. We still liked it but just not enough room for 4 of us.
    The top of the world is great and relaxing so don't miss that.
    Enjoy your trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I know a lot of people give BLT a lot of grief, and maybe rightly so, but I still love the resort... I always book with a MK view... I love how you can sit out on your balcony and watch the fireworks... I know they pumped the music in through the TV or though a sound system on the walkway... Haven't heard it in my last two trips though.... I'm sure someone will verify if they still do pump the music in...

As for the lounge, never busy, at least when I been up there... My last trip, there were two there people beside my brother and I... We just sat back, had a few cold beverages (I don't drink alcohol), and relaxed before heading back to the room...
    I have to agree that not only does BLT but the Contemporary gets a lot of grief. My favorite resort is the Polynesian so that give you an idea of what theme I like and the Contemporary could not be any more different but I have stayed in the garden wing and tower as well as visited friends over in the one bedroom at BLT and I think it is a great place to stay with a lot to offer. I would even choose it over the Grand Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Currently it is accessible through Dec 29, 2014 with blackout dates being 7/3 and 7/4. Chances are they probably will extend it.
    So we are staying on DVC points (renting) and meeting up with DVC owners on our trip (they are not staying at BLT but we are). Will we be able to access the lounge? (In Sept 2014)? Do they ask for room key or membership id card?
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    So we are staying on DVC points (renting) and meeting up with DVC owners on our trip (they are not staying at BLT but we are). Will we be able to access the lounge? (In Sept 2014)? Do they ask for room key or membership id card?
    We had to have our bands scanned which identified us as owners and, just like making a purchase, we also had to key in our PIN number before they would allow us to go upstairs.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok. So since we are not owners, can we accompany them as their guests?
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    Oh ok. So since we are not owners, can we accompany them as their guests?
    Yes. I'm not sure but if you are renting from owners you may also be able to go up on your own as well.
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: