Quantcast MDE - I give up!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MDE - I give up!

I give up on My Disney Experience. My brother-in-law has disappeared from my friends & family list and now my husband's tickets are showing as belonging to some guy name Gary. There is no Gary in our party!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry. There are clearly still glitches in the system. I would suggest you call Disney directly to get rid of Gary and get your husband back.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I'm sorry. There are clearly still glitches in the system. I would suggest you call Disney directly to get rid of Gary and get your husband back.

I second this! No doubt there are glitches in the system, but there are some very helpful CMs waiting to work you through this. Give them a call!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I logged out and back in later and it had switched back to my husband.

I wonder if Gary had better reservations - ha ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDreams View Post

I wonder if Gary had better reservations - ha ha.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I logged in one day and my niece was missing and some person I had never heard of was listed. I logged out and back in and it was correct. I never called since I assume it was just a glitch.

I did have to call about my party being listed twice, one set had park tickets, the second set had the hotel and magic bands. They fixed it quickly and were very nice.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen some things look wacky at times on my app, but typically I found that on the website, things were correct.

Even then, the app would fix itself within a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I am annoyed too. There are so many glitches. I understand that it's new. However, Disney has packaged this new system as something that will make your trip easier. This is not even close to the truth. As we live overseas, calling is not always an option for us.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mde

It should be called "My Disney Nightmare". My reservation was no where to be found.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the "haters" are a very small minority at this time.

They've really cleaned everything up nicely in the last few months.

Trip reports here, and elsewhere, are very, very positive.

If you're having problems booking and making reservations, I would:

1. Be patient. Most glitches fix themselves.
    2. Don't just try the app. Also try the computer website and the mobile site. If everything is OK on the computer but wrong with your app, it's likely a small glitch that'll fix itself.
    3. Google search to make sure you're doing it right and see if any other people have come up with solutions (this site is great, but the internet is much bigger than our community).
    4. Email or call Disney. Their tech support and cast members are getting better and better.

Another option is to use a Disney specialized travel agency. There are many out there, and some include making your FP selections for/with you and/or dealing with Disney on your behalf if there are issues. Most are free.

This is a BIG change. It will NOT be everyone's cup of tea.

Be open, relaxed, and receptive and it might be a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses. I didn't mean to be negative. I'm fairly comfortable with the website, but I'm finding it a little harder to use with an extended family and multiple reservations than it was for just my family.

Specifically, the children part is really confusing because my sister and I cannot see each other's kids. I don't know how we'll make fast pass selections as a family. On one part of the site, it says you can't grant permissions for someone else to do this and on another part, it says only 1 adult can manage plans for a minor. We are more than 60 days out, but I'm wondering how this will work.

Also, I made reservations and it asked for the names - so I put in my niece and nephew, but now there is no way to link my "copy" of my niece and nephew to my sister's profiles of them.

I don't hate the website, but those are the things I'm finding challenging right now.
    (I know, I know, I need to call Disney and ask these questions.)

I love the magic bands and I found the FP+ selection process worked well last year. We specifically found the lines into the park to go very quickly with the magic bands.

Post Thanks / Like

We had the same issue. Going with my Niece and her family. They are arriving before us and staying at a different hotel. It kept saying you need to invite the person.We and it would never work correctly. We were fed up called a CM. It took them about a half hour, but our reservations are linked. We were able to make fast pass request for all parties.
    Would recommend calling it was much easier than trying to figure it out on our own.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though your sister manages the children, you can still connect to them. Basically the request goes to her and she approves the connection. I did this with my sisters kids. This way I will be able to book fast passes for them.
    1984 - Contemporary
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    Even though your sister manages the children, you can still connect to them. Basically the request goes to her and she approves the connection. I did this with my sisters kids. This way I will be able to book fast passes for them.
    Thank you. Can you tell me how you did it? Where do I go on the site to make the request for her kids and to give her permission to mine? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

When logged into MDE, go to Friends and Family. Click Add Guest (at the top). When the next screen opens, go to the second tab that says Invite through a mutual friend. Use the drop down to select your sister. From there the people under her should appear. You'll have to invite one at a time. Since your sister manages them she will get the request. Once she approves you will be able to see them.

If you want her to see your kids/family - she will need to do the same thing for your side. My sister isn't the best w/ MDE so she gave me her login info and I went back and forth logged in as myself and her to accept/connect us.

I hope this helps!
    1984 - Contemporary
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    When logged into MDE, go to Friends and Family. Click Add Guest (at the top). When the next screen opens, go to the second tab that says Invite through a mutual friend. Use the drop down to select your sister. From there the people under her should appear. You'll have to invite one at a time. Since your sister manages them she will get the request. Once she approves you will be able to see them.

If you want her to see your kids/family - she will need to do the same thing for your side. My sister isn't the best w/ MDE so she gave me her login info and I went back and forth logged in as myself and her to accept/connect us.

I hope this helps!
    ETIBBETS: That worked great! Thank you sooo much!!! You saved me a lot of time & money in not having to call!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy to help!
    1984 - Contemporary
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that being beyond frustrated with the glitches makes me a "hater". I love the system in theory. Linking everything up is an awesome idea. However.... it should work. I shouldn't have to stress out that when we get there nothing will work and we will lose all our reservations.

Furthermore... I am going to be 100% dependent on the WiFi. I won't have a smart phone since we are coming from overseas.

I am printing out all our reservations just in case.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I coordinated a trip for 22 people in January. We had five different reservations, ages ranging from 9 months to 57 years. Some wanted fast passes for kiddie things, some for characters, and some for the mountains. After much hard work, and some long phone calls to Disney, I have to say, EVERYTHING went perfectly smooth when we got there. It is definitely a process, and you have to be dedicated, but once you get it right, it works so smoothly. We loved the whole magic band experience.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: