Quantcast Grandson with Aspergers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grandson with Aspergers

I was wondering if anyone has used the DAS for their asperger child. Athens did fine with the old system but when we tell him he has to wait there will most likely be a lovely meltdown.
    Justice11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We go May 4th and this will be the first time with new system for my son with Autism also. I don't like this one bit! I hope it works out fine, but its still alot of down time between that we will need to find things for him to do. When are you going?
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be heading to Disneyland in a little over a week. My son is older now (almost 10). We are going to attempt no DAS and see how it goes. I bought him a very lightweight nylon drawstring backpack so he can bring his phone and some earbuds along for lines that may be longer. I have spoken to both our boys (both ASD kids) about waiting for rides. They seem to understand that things will be different this time around. We will play it by ear and if we have any meltdowns or anxiety issues, we will get a DAS. Since they were very little, before we knew about the GAC, we would often bypass rides with waits that were "too long". We try very hard to not make promises about riding specific things in a specific order.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest was diagnosed with aspergers and my youngest with ASD, They are now 16 and 10. We have been to WDW well over a dozen times since our youngest was 6 months and have never used a DAS. We feel that they are better prepared for the real life situations by experiencing real life situations. My youngest has larger anxiety issues than our oldest and he can cope quite well if we keep him occupied while waiting in line. We have never worried about meltdowns since they will happen and when they do we deal with it. Honestly we never have had any real problems visiting WDW except when the crowds are extreme. I feel strongly that our kids are better suited for life in general now that they can deal with situations that can cause them anxiety.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Default grandson

thank you all, snuggs we are going from the 3rd of June to the 13th. We have been to six flags the last two weekends and they have the "get a time" for some rides, and Athens was so upset when we were at the ride and could not get on, he is 9 and has a twin sister that can help when he has his meltdowns. And Canadian you are so right about when they go out into the real world, it scares me for him. everyone have a great trip.
    Justice11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: