Quantcast Easter Week/Spring Break/MyMagic+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter Week/Spring Break/MyMagic+

I'm sitting here at AoA food court waiting to head over to Epcot to meet Cindy and Christine, and thought I'd drop a quick note about my week. I'll be back when I get home to expand on everything.

If you all have listened to the podcast and/or read my comments here on the boards, you'll be shocked to hear that I am a convert and now pretty much LOVE MyMagic+. Now we haven't been without issues, but I've been pleased overall. Can't wait to further explain.

As for the parks and crowds, we've been pleasantly surprised. Not nearly as bad as we were anticipating.

Now off for one last day of rainy fun with my INTERCOT buds.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad things are working out for you! Can't wait to hear more.....
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to reading your report. Have a great rest of the week and safe travels home!
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I am a convert and now pretty much LOVE MyMagic+..
    glad to hear that! I like it also and had few problems!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy every second!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

That makes me soooo happy to hear, Mel - looking forward to details details details!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, back to elaborate.

So, as I said, if anyone has heard or seen me talk about MM+ from the very beginning rumblings, you will be shocked to hear that I was very pleased with how it all went last week.

Some background - my first experience with the program was in January, when we were down for Marathon weekend. My traveling companions had Magic Bands because they had stayed onsite for one night. But they had not scheduled FP+ because some in their party did not buy tickets until arriving at WDW. We were all staying at Shades of Green, but my son and I did not have bands because we hadn't stayed that first night onsite. Probably needless to say, we encountered many problems during the week, and it was completely frustrating traveling with some who could make FP+ in advance, and some who couldn't. Also, we had issues with some of the Magic Bands not working, etc. The problems we encountered were not unlike all the ones we'd been hearing about since the testing phase began, but it was still disappointing to say the least.

So fast forward to last week when I had an unusual vacation set up. My first two days were at Coronado Springs, then 5 nights offsite with my in-laws, and then a night at Pop Century. I also purchased an Annual Pass.

I had my MDE account all set up, so I first went to Guest Relations at DTD to purchase my pass, then met my friends at Coronado Springs, and got my very first Magic Band (in lime green - but I want PURPLE!) from my friend who had made the reservation and therefore had my band. I checked with concierge there at the resort, and my AP was indeed linked and ready to go.

That night we went to DTD Guest Relations to ensure that the FP+ my friend had set up for us all (6 in total) were good to go. We had weird circumstances as well, as I had the AP, she, her daughter and niece had a 4 day military hopper, and the other two girls had one day passes. Our FP+ selections were showing up on my account as for only 3 people, and showing up on her account for only 2 people, etc. We did finally determine, with the help of a CM, that everything was there, just clear as mud. What it comes down to is that the app, website are just not user friendly. Period. We were nervous the next day as we approached our first FP+, but everything worked flawlessly.

With my in-laws, we'd had to wait as well to make any FP+ selections, as they too were purchasing new APs and we waited to link our accounts once we got together on Sunday. Well, somewhere along the way while trying to navigate this very user unfriendly app, I mistakenly added my FIL's ticket to my account instead of him being managed by my MIL, and it truly took about 45 minutes on the phone with Disney to get it all straightened out. Whatever I had done, the CM I was talking to had to hand it off to her 'ticket team' to fix my goof, but the CM was extremely helpful and pleasant. Once the ticket team got it fixed, she correctly linked us all, and we thought all was well.

Unfortunately, the next 3 times we entered a park, my MIL's pass wouldn't work. Each time, the CM at the entrances with the iPads thought they had fixed it, but it took until the 3rd try with Guest Relations at DHS to truly get it fixed. And we got a super FP for our trouble (which we used on Toy Story Mania).

On Friday, when I met up with Cindy and Christine, we all tried to link our accounts as friends so we could make some FP+ choices, but it took forever for the gals to get my friend requests, and when they did and accepted, it showed on my account that they didn't have active passes, which of course they did. SO, we couldn't make any choices. UGH.

So, yes, we had our share of issues! The technology has TONS of glitches. But with that said, when it works, I LOVE IT! So I can only hope, for everyone's sake, that they are actively working to improve this.

I went in expecting to hate everything about MM+, but all week I slowly came around. The convenience just cannot be beat. I loved using it for getting into the gates at the resorts (although it IS awkward getting the band up to the reader), room key, Photopass, and of course park entry and FP+. I even loved how when I went to check in at POP, I didn't have to get my driver's license out for the attendant. She brought a reader out, quickly scanned my band, and it showed I was checking in. Loved that! I do hope in the future though, they have the ability for the readers to show AP holders at the theme park parking lots, as I still had to get out my pass to show the attendants for my free parking. We've never attached a credit card to our room keys, but if we were to do that, I'd never need anything but my Magic Band and some chapstick.

As for FP+, even making our choices the day before on Easter week, we still had great choices available to us. Yes, we'd loved the ability for more FPs on many days, but with the announcement that more than 3 FP's will be an option along with the ability to park hop, I'm happy with the promise of how things will be.

I was just so happy to see all the improvements/changes that had been made since our trip in January. Disney truly listened! The ability for everyone onsite and off to now make advance FP+ reservations was huge.

The whole testing process has been frustrating to say the least. I'm still truly shocked at how much I liked it all though. I'm looking forward to planning my July trip in advance and hoping for an improved app experience. Fingers crossed!

ETA: Totally forgot - I was complaining earlier about how silly it was to get a new magic band for every resort stay. I still think it's kinda silly, but I LOVE how if I keep them all active within my account, my AP will show up on them all. Hey, I can color coordinate depending on what outfit I want to wear that day!
    Last edited by Melanie; 04-21-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update - makes things sound more hopeful for the future!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie!!!

I'm feeling more optimistic!

Thanks for your honest review!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad the bands worked out for you. I finally got my issue with them resolved at Guest Services.

It was so nice meeting up with you, Cindy and Christine. Made my day just that more special. See you soon
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to hear something positive! So happy that it all worked out for you in the end!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Good news indeed! This is 3 weeks post the last podcast post so hope we get to hear the details on the next one!

On all the surveys that I have filled out after recent visits, the number 1 point that I stress is that the entire system must be more user-friendly.... All the "bugs" with the site and linking the bands, etc. must be worked out....but when they are worked out....it will be great!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: