Quantcast Q re: FPs if you are just going for a day...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Q re: FPs if you are just going for a day...

So... with the new FP+ system, what happens to people who buy a one or two-day ticket while they are in the area? Are we completely "out" when it comes to FPs?

Never thought of this as we arranged our August trip... we aren't doing a full-blown Disney trip this time, just staying with friends, researching the area and hope to hit MK one day, AK/DHS another. But if we can't get any FPs... esp for the new Mine Ride, EE or RnRC... that might just change our plans.

Thoughts??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You could try for day of fast passes but that won't be a guarantee especially for the immensely popular rides.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    You could try for day of fast passes but that won't be a guarantee especially for the immensely popular rides.
    Linda, I don't understand... what is a "day of fast passes"? Do you mean trying to do just regular FPs for a day, or is there something else being offered I'm missing?
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay, so I just called Disney.... here is some interesting information for anyone who has a similar question.

Apparently, if you buy park tickets before your stay, you can link them to your account once they arrive and then you can make FP+ choices from home before you arrive. They do NOT require a hotel stay to do this.

Also, if you buy tickets when you arrive at the park, you can use your Disney Mobile app to link them to your account, and you can make FP+ choices at that time.

And last interesting bit - you can buy Magic Bands in the parks, and even w/o having a package stay, the CM that sells it to you will link it with your tickets so you can do FP+ stuff with it and not have to carry the tickets, etc. You won't have all the advantages that a Magic Band received through a resort stay/package offer has, but you can still use it for FP+ (and I'm guessing maybe you can put your credit card info on it for meals maybe??)

Anyway - some food for thought for anyone who might be travelling like we are.

PS - and this also goes for tickets bought through an online discount ticket agency. Good news!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant is you could go for the allowable fast passes for the day at one of the in-park kiosks.

Disney just recently added the ability to book fast passes in advance as long as tickets were purchased in advance. I didn't add that information to my original post as I was under the impression that you planned to decide whether or not to buy tickets when you arrived in Florida rather than ahead of time.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP question is If you just show up at the park and buy a ticket and EVERYONE else who booked days ahead all have 3 fp's... they are afraid some big E ticket rides will be out of FP's on arrival or have lousy times available.

The same sort of fear I have if I want to change park plans while on vacation and try to change fp's to the NEW park last minute also
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Great question.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Okay, so I just called Disney.... here is some interesting information for anyone who has a similar question.

Apparently, if you buy park tickets before your stay, you can link them to your account once they arrive and then you can make FP+ choices from home before you arrive. They do NOT require a hotel stay to do this.

Also, if you buy tickets when you arrive at the park, you can use your Disney Mobile app to link them to your account, and you can make FP+ choices at that time.

And last interesting bit - you can buy Magic Bands in the parks, and even w/o having a package stay, the CM that sells it to you will link it with your tickets so you can do FP+ stuff with it and not have to carry the tickets, etc. You won't have all the advantages that a Magic Band received through a resort stay/package offer has, but you can still use it for FP+ (and I'm guessing maybe you can put your credit card info on it for meals maybe??)

Anyway - some food for thought for anyone who might be travelling like we are.

PS - and this also goes for tickets bought through an online discount ticket agency. Good news!
    This has been the standard for about a month now.

However, the issue of a party all having FP in advance, and then someone buying a ticket on the day of who wants to join in on the parties FP is still an issue.

The fix? Don't wait until the day of to buy the tickets. If possible, buy them in advance and then you can pre-book those passes as well (30 days if no hotel ressie)

Post Thanks / Like

So can you get FPs without getting the Magic Band? Or do you have to buy it in order to get a FP/use a FP?
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

No need to buy the MB (if your off site). Your park ticket has an RFID chip in it and basically does the same thing a band can do.

If you're off site, even without a physical MB, you can still book FP 30 days in advance..

BadBoyBill Guest

Also if you are staying off site you can't link a credit card to a Magic Band.

BadBoyBill Guest

You have to have your tickets before you book your fast passes. You add them for each person to your My Disney Experience App or website first then when your 30 day window opens you book the fast passes on the MDE. You need to add each person that you will be booking though. I just added some links under the Vacation planning section on here.
    Last edited by BadBoyBill; 04-17-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added last sentence.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have believed I would ever say this, but I am glad we did our last ever Disney trip last October. As we stayed off site we were caught up in the horrendous delays caused by the introduction of FP+ for on site guests, and, from what I gather in this thread, it is now way more complicated, and involves much more pre planning than even I, a committed planner, could stand to do.
    We have had some wonderful times at the World, but as far as we are concerned, it is now "thank you Disney and goodnight"

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually pretty simple.

You buy a park ticket in advance.

You book your FP+ 30 days in advance (if off site).

If you're a planner, like you say, then you know which park you're gonna be in on each day. Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard to know which attractions you wanna hit.

Also, you don't have to book the FP+ 30 days in advance. Depending on when you go, many people are reporting success in booking their FP+ choices the night before, or morning of, their visit each day.

I'm not saying you have to like it, but you might as well try it before you completely give up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    I'm not saying you have to like it, but you might as well try it before you completely give up.
    Agreed! I've been STRONGLY against all of this, and while we still had some issues last week, I am a convert. Once I realized the ease of it all, I loved it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: