Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - April 29-May 15, 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - April 29-May 15, 2014

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Tuesday pm, April 29, 2014
    The high is hitting 88-89 today with scattered thunderstorms. Tomorrow through Friday expect a good chance of a brief period of thunderstorms each afternoon as Orlando will be in a very humid and unstable airmass. The high tomorrow will be around 90, then 86-88 for Thursday and around 80 on Friday as rain and clouds become more common. Saturday looks like about a total washout with a high around 75 and thunderstorms off and on through the day. Things finally clear up Sunday with the front gone and the high returns to around 80. Monday and Tuesday are completely dry with highs 81-83 on Monday and near 85 on Tuesday.

Long range...May 7-9 highs stay in the mid 80s with mostly dry conditions. Rain moves in on May 10. May 11-13 is dry with highs in the low 80s, then storms on May 14. May 15 is dry with a high in the mid 70s.

Travel Impact
    Another large scale sever weather outbreak is underway today for LA, MS, AL, GA, TN, and nothern FL. No major delays tomorrow, though.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris. Just how stormy does Tues. the 8th look? Is this an all day thing? Our flight is due to come in at 8 am...could we be looking at a delay? We were hoping for some pool time later that afternoon..is that wishful thinking?
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Mitzi it will all depend on how quickly the front gets through. The morning models stalled it a little bit, keeping the rain all the way into early Wednesday morning. But, the afternoon models are a little quicker and have the rain out by mid to late afternoon on Tuesday. It looks like the strongest storms will be around lunchtime, so your flight may get in without a delay.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris for taking the time our of your busy schedule to do this for all of us. I will just check back at your next update and home the news improves.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    Thanks Chris for taking the time our of your busy schedule to do this for all of us. I will just check back at your next update and home the news improves.
    I have a wedding rehearsal this morning, so I'll get my update today up by 1 or 2 CDT. However, on the morning models no changes from what I posted yesterday. We'll see what the afternoon models say.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the two typos in that last post of mine...obviously my brain is already at WDW...
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how COLD it feels here right now! We just arrived last night and spent the day in Epcot today. I have never been chilly in April and I was wishing for a sweatshirt today. Hoping the sun comes out and it warms up!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the weather update! Do you see any reason to think there will be rain May 8-11? We are taking a quick trip and it looks on one weather report that there are supposed to be "downpours" on Friday May 9th. This will change our plans and I've been keeping a close eye on it. Thanks for any further information if you have anything to share. I know it's still "voodoo-land" since we aren't 7 days out yet.
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

May 9 is iffy. As you said, it's voodooland so certainly way beyond the area of certainty. The models do show a front around that time, but right now most of the models are keeping the main dynamics north of I-10 and it doesn't look like much of anything for Orlando. We'll just have to keep an eye on things as we get closer.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for responding Chris! It was a last minute trip and we rearranged a bunch of stuff to try and make it down to our favorite place. Hoping the weather holds out for us. I always trust your forecasts !!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll miss you by a day. I'm arriving at the Universal Royal Pacific May 12. Too disgruntled with all the Disney foul-ups lately so we decided to try something different this May and go back to Disney in the fall since they're finally fixing said screw-ups.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll miss you by a day. I'm arriving at the Universal Royal Pacific May 12. Too disgruntled with all the Disney foul-ups lately so we decided to try something different this May and go back to Disney in the fall since they're finally fixing said screw-ups.
    Ohhhh....that is a TOTAL bummer!!!!!! Would've loved to have met you!! We were also sort of turned off by all the changes at Disney so decided to let all the changes work themselves out and try Universal instead - however - I still need my Disney fix while we are there so we have a day on property (no parks though). Enjoy your stay and I'll continue to look for your updates for my timeframe!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    We're arriving at Royal Pacific on May 11!!! 3 nights in Disney first.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: