Quantcast Birthday Ideas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Birthday Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Ideas

Our son will turn 3 during our trip in May. Looking for simple ideas to help him celebrate. He was just adopted a year ago and while adjusting really well, we are approaching Disney cautiously as we are not sure if it is going to overwhelm him. I think the characters may freak him out a little. He loves all things Disney on TV and is obsessed with MM Clubhouse, but they are on a screen, not 6 feet tall right in front of him. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas that weren't too "in your face". Thanks in advance!
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A haircut at the barber shop?

Face painting?

A pirate makeover?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I love the haircut idea! He likes getting his haircut at our regular barber here so that should go well. I like the facepainting/makeover idea too, but he has had 2 surgeries for cleft lip and is kinda funny about people touching his face hehe. Do we need to reserve a haircut time?
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I also like the haircut idea. Don't forget the Birthday button. My boys are also adopted, they are from Korea. They are grown now but have always loved Disney.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

From the Disney World website:

A Haircut with a High Note
    Everything at Walt Disney World Resort is fun, and haircuts are no exception! Whether it’s your... Read More

Everything at Walt Disney World Resort is fun, and haircuts are no exception!

Whether it’s your first haircut or your hundredth, the friendly and experienced barbers at Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street, U.S.A. will entertain you while making sure you look amazing. You may even be treated to the musical talents of the Dapper Dans, Disney’s very own barbershop quartet! And there’s a special My First Haircut package for children that includes commemorative Mickey Ears and a certificate.

Read Less
    Feel Right at Home Right Away
    A striped pole and old-fashioned storefront transport you to a simpler time as you approach this... Read More

A striped pole and old-fashioned storefront transport you to a simpler time as you approach this hidden gem on Main Street, U.S.A. Its quaint interior outfitted with a potbelly stove adds to the illusion of timelessness, as does the pleasant, unhurried banter of your barber. “Pixie dust,” bubbles, Mickey Mouse stickers and whimsical giant red scissors make kids feel special, too!

Read Less
    The Barbershop Menu
    All Harmony Barber Shop stylists are state-licensed cosmetologists. Guests can select from the... Read More

All Harmony Barber Shop stylists are state-licensed cosmetologists. Guests can select from the following options:

Adult haircut $19
    Child's haircut $15 (12 and under)
    My First Haircut package $19

Prices and services offered are subject to change.

Read Less
    Know Before You Go
    View important information including services provided, Guest restrictions and cancellation... Read More

View important information including services provided, Guest restrictions and cancellation policies.

•Water may be sprayed on hair if needed during styling, but no shampooing will be provided. With that in mind, please arrive with clean, dry hair.
    •Guests under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older).
    •A $10 charge will apply for no-shows or cancellations within one day of your reservation. Though reservations are recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529, walk-ins are welcome.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What about a ride down main street. For the opening ceremony, I think you need to be there when the park opens and just ask.

Next Stop: Memory Lane
    Catch a nostalgic ride to Cinderella Castle or Town Square aboard a vintage vehicle. Board a classic horse-drawn car, omnibus, jitney or fire engine and sit back as you are ushered from one end of Main Street, U.S.A. to the other. Along the way, behold a bevy of 2- and 3-story-high, Victorian-themed shops and restaurants from a time and place long since passed.

Post Thanks / Like

We took my son to Sanaa for his third and fourth birthdays. It was special because of animals but not as overwhelming as a character meal.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of themed resorts, maybe there is one he really likes.

There are special birthday Mickey ears.

Make sure to get a birthday button. All day long people will be wishing him happy birthday.

If you dine at a Disney restaurant, mention when making your reservation that you're celebrating his birthday. Usually they bring out a complimentary cupcake or something. Or you can call the Disney bakery (extra charge) to have a special birthday cake made to be brought out during a dining reservation.
    2008 Sep: SOG
    2009 Feb: Poly / Apr: Timeshare
    2009 Nov: ASMo, BWV, PC
    2010 Sep: WL, OKW
    2011 Feb: Poly, BWV / Aug: BC, BWV, ASMo
    2012 Apr: FW Campgrounds / Aug: BWV
    2013 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Nov: (DL) Grand Californian
    2015 Feb: OKW, Bonnet Creek Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: