Quantcast Online check-in

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Online check-in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online check-in

Are there real benefits to doing online check-in? Is that something that can be done days ahead of time or just a few hours? What are the pros & cons?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done online check in once and it went smoothly. Also have just waited until we got there. Since we don't go in the high-demand months, there was no difference for us when it came to lines but then again we were there by 11 a.m. I did notice, however, later in the day that the line for online check was longer than the line for check in on arrival. I guess you just never know.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen the benefit in doing online check-in until the trip we just returned from. I've always done it, but still had to stand in a line at the front desk anyway.

When we arrived at the Beach Club on the 16th of this month, we were greeted at the front door by someone with a tablet. I told her that we were DVC and had done online check-in. She took us straight to the Villas, we got our packet of info, and went straight to our room. I wasn't expecting it to be ready at noon, but it was! I had done the online check-in, indicating that I wanted to be on an upper floor with a woods view, and also checked the box that says I would rather have my room ready early than have my other requests accommodated. Well, our room was ready early, we got the woods view, and we were on the 5th floor. I was pleasantly surprised!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

We have always used Online check in and enjoy the ease of it all. Our room has always been ready when we arrive before 4pm. (Lucky I know!! It was great to use when my niece arrived before we did. She loved how simple it was, since I had already answered all the necessary questions online. She was able to access the room and get comfortable before we even got off our plane.

The only place on-line checkin didn't work well for us was AKL-Kidani.. our whole visit there was pretty awful, but our packet wasn't even ready and we arrived at 5pm. Yes we had to stand in line too. Our room was ready though.

All other times(and there have been many), no line to stand in and off to the parks within minutes. I truly recommend it.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I've had better luck getting into my room early with online check-in. You may still stand in line but it can shorten how long it takes. Your paperwork will usually be ready for you when you physically check-in.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15