Quantcast New! Star Wars Weekends Character Dining

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New! Star Wars Weekends Character Dining

I'm seeing some reports that character dining has been added to Star Wars Weekends - a breakfast at Sci-Fi with the traditional SW characters and dinner at Hollywood & Vine with Disney characters dressed in SW costumes.

Apparently these can be booked starting today (March 26th) by calling 407-939-5277.

Please report back if you happen to snag one of these ADRs.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Details from the wonderful Wendy at Magical Journeys!

May the FORK be with you! (Sorry...couldn't resist!)

Star Wars Weekend Character Meals!!!!!

Starting on March 26th, you can call and book for select days starting May 4th through June 15th.

Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine – Join Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald and Ewok Chip and Dale for dinner at Hollywood and Vine.
    Seatings for dinner will begin at 4:15 and go until the park closes. All meals will include a digital download of a photograph with Ewok Chip and Dale and photopass photographers will be on hand with cards. Prices start at $56.99 for adults and $32.99 for kids (ages 3-9). An added bonus of adding this as Fantasmic Dinner Package for $59.99 for adults and $36.99 for kids (ages 3-9).

Star Wars Galactic Dine-In Breakfast – Start your day with an out of this world breakfast. Join Stormtroopers, Jawa, Greedo, Bobo Fett and the dark one himself, DARTH VADAR for breakfast at Sci-Fi Cafe. Star Wars trailers and movie clips will be playing across the big movie screen as you dine. All meals will include a digital photo of your party on a commemorative Photopass card. Prices for adults are $47.99 and children $29.99 (ages 3-9).

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Very cool! That's right at the tail end of our next trip and I'm very tempted to try and book one, even though we didn't plan on being in HS those days. Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to find an ADR for Hollywood and Vine for ANY Thursday/Friday/Saturday in all of Star Wars Weekends, and they're already gone according to the online ADR system.

However, the breakfast at the Sci Fi is what really interests me, and you cannot book that online. The system doesn't recognize breakfast at the Sci Fi. Currently on hold with WDW Dining and fingers crossed!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked Sci-Fi for Sat. May 24th at 11:05. It is not online yet, so you must call.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, you can call the Pirates Crew # for fast (under 5 minutes for me) service. 1-407-939-2739.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. When I called WDW dining, they were able to book me dinner at a reasonable time at Hollywood and Vine when the online system said that there was nothing. Interesting.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    I just booked Sci-Fi for Sat. May 24th at 11:05. It is not online yet, so you must call.
    I am green with envy!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not one to complain about cost of meals at Disney, but these meals seem pretty pricey. $48 for breakfast and $57 for dinner? However, if the market will bear it, Disney has every right to charge what they want.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Got breakfast for 6/6 at 10:30! Woo Hoo!

My so will be so excited to hear about this. It's a Mark Hammil day, too!

I'm not one to complain about cost of meals at Disney, but these meals seem pretty pricey. $48 for breakfast and $57 for dinner? However, if the market will bear it, Disney has every right to charge what they want.
    It is VERY expensive, but we haven't been to SWW since he was about 6 or 7 and he's almost 15 now.

For those of you on the dining plan, the CM told me it takes 2 credits.
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Christine. I would pay twice that for a Star Wars meal
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Yeah, I about choked when she quoted me the prices on the phone, but we've never done a Star Wars weekend, and these will be unforgettable experiences. My 17 yr old son is a life-long Star Wars fan. He has had the movie posters of the original three movies in his room since he was 10. When he was 3, we were renovating a house we had just bought, and after a few hours he had gotten bored. He told his Mom that he wanted to go back to the apartment where we were living. Here's the conversation:

Son: Mom, can we go home? I'm bored.
    Mom: Not yet. But soon.
    Son: Please? I want to watch "Star Wars"
    Mom: We have some things to do still.
    Son: Mom. It's my DESTINY to watch "Star Wars". Let's go.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I am with you, Jen. Can you imagine how our boys would've gone nuts over this when they were younger - or what they would do even now?! Been waiting for a long time for Disney to do something like this! Just wish we had a trip planned now!

Kyle at 16 still has a roomful of Disney's Star Wars Weekends merchandise and posters displayed from when he was a little guy!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they'd have something like this at SciFi all the time.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We called this morning soon as we started hearing reports and got reservations for Saturday May 31st for both resturants. Breakfast around 8:30am and dinner is 5pm. For dinner there was nothing available then all of a sudden the cast member said one reservation opened up, lucky day. Our kids are super star wars fans along with us and this is going to make it even better. The price is high but it's a once in a lifetime experience so what the heck.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I wish they'd have something like this at SciFi all the time.
    If Disney charging a premium price and having it fill quickly doesn't convince them to do just that, nothing will.

born and raised in Alberta, now living in sunny Tampa
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was able to get dinner at Hollywood and Vine for June 1st. I was on hold for 45 mins but got it. It's also my sons 5th birthday! He's gonna flip! I'm so excited but it's going to be hard to keep it a secret

The thing I found interesting in booking is the cast member I was speaking to had no info on it yet and I had called about 10:30EST. I knew more about the meals then she did. Not sure if this was a last minute decision on Disney's part but they definitely didn't take time to send out a memo to let all their reservation cast members know.
    Mary Poppins, is that your name? It's lovely.

PEACE, LOVE and MICKEY MOUSE ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter has a reservation in Mid-May. Not sure she is going to use it now, since she has to use two dining credits.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I'm sure Disney would love to charge you twice!
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I'm booked for Hollywood and Vine for June 7th
    Stormi