Quantcast Family of 4 w/ kids 10 and 5.5 which deluxe - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

That's to bad you can't at least get the longhouse you want. Could be the complaints I have heard are people upset they got a longhouse they didn't want

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Unless a room is a bookable category you are never guaranteed a request. Sometimes I've gotten my requests. Sometimes I haven't.

Since the Polynesian is under DVC construction it is hard to know exactly what the room situation is going to be like. If it follows the patterns of the other DVC additions such as the bungalows over the water will be a separate bookable category under the DVC section of the resort. So while you may request one building and get another, you would not book a standard Polynesian room and get a DVC Polynesian room.

As far a resorts, we have stayed at all the resorts you are looking at. My kids are 5 and 8. They have enjoyed every resort. SAB is a huge attraction for them and our preferred resort there is the Yacht Club. I like the atmosphere better than Beach and you have a much better chance of getting a balcony. There is also lots of space for kids to run around and we really enjoy walking to Epcot.

Of the MK resorts Wilderness is my favorite but the rooms are smaller than the other deluxes. On our last trip we did a room with bunk beds and the kids really enjoyed it. Wilderness also has an excellent kid's club.

Polynesian was fine for us but just not our favorite. Nothing wrong with it at all but we enjoy visiting the resort for meals more than staying there. It's just a personal preference.

Contemporary had lovely large rooms and you can't beat walking to MK but to I don't enjoy the outdoor spaces there as much as the other resort. Just too much parking lot and concrete for me.

All of them are great resorts and I'm sure you'll be happy at any of them.

Yea in all the videos I find of the CR rooms like nice and garden deluxe rooms are huge but it to me doesn't have the appeal of the poly. Plus we are picky eaters so there will be several meals we will eat off site so having a great restaurant near is not a big deal for us

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't say bad about any deluxe resorts however I really think we are going POLY. We will see once construction is done. Hoping they add a hot tub

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE the Poly! Stayed there in Feb. and had no issues with construction noise at all.
    The monorail was down during part of our stay but we had no issues with the boat to MK. This was also the first time we didn't rent a car and we were not disappointed with buses (except for DTD).

I would suggest the Poly or WL...another favorite.

We did not care for YC or Contemporary at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little late in my response, but as you can see from my signature, we are Poly people. The ambience is great, I think I have stayed in every building and do not have a single complaint. I would stick with a garden view because lagoon view is much more expensive and to me not worth it (can be a bit noisy also with boat traffic).

The fact you can walk to the Epcot monorail is great also. If construction will be close to done when you go I highly recommend it. Watching the fireworks from the beach and having a day bed so the kids don't have to sleep in the same one is awesome also.

Tikimanpages.com is a great website also for more information.

Good luck!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005