Quantcast May 4-11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: May 4-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default May 4-11

Our next trip is May 4-11. Talk to me about this time. Crowds? Weather? We went the end of May/beginning of June a few years ago so I'm guessing comparable?

This was a last minute spur of the moment trip. We just decided to book yesterday Had not planned another trip until 2015 but we have a new DS that will turn 3 May 8th and thought this would be a perfect time to introduce him to our family obsession.
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great time to go! One of our favourites! Warm weather, but usually not crazy hot. Busy, but again not crazy busy.

It should be a bit "better" overall, in terms of a bit better weather, and fewer crowds.

Have a super trip!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Nice time of year to go. Weather is quite warm -- not usually a very rainy time of year. Crowds are typically manageable at this time of year - busier than it used to be but that seems to be the case year round now. We love going to the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot - so beautiful!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be in the world May 8-11! We did a Mother's Day trip last year and enjoyed it so much we're doing it again. The weather is lovely and the crowds are very manageable. We did get caught in a rainstorm that lasted 30-40 minutes one of the days, but I think that was it. Epcot was PERFECT for Mother's Day!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bshaw96 View Post
    Our next trip is May 4-11. Talk to me about this time. Crowds? Weather? We went the end of May/beginning of June a few years ago so I'm guessing comparable?

This was a last minute spur of the moment trip. We just decided to book yesterday Had not planned another trip until 2015 but we have a new DS that will turn 3 May 8th and thought this would be a perfect time to introduce him to our family obsession.
    crowds listed on a 1-10 scale:
    5/4: 3 Lowest park: DHS: 2
    5/5: 5 Lowest DHS: 3
    5/6 3 Lowest DHS: 2
    5/7: 3 Lowest Epcot & DHS: 2
    5/8: 2 Lowest Epcot & DHS: 2
    5/9: 4 Lowest DHS: 2
    5/10: 4 Lowest Epcot & DHS: 2
    5/11: 4 Lowest DHS: 2

FYI the 11th is Mother's Day
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    crowds listed on a 1-10 scale:
    From having been in WDW in early and mid-May the last 4 years I can say those numbers are not accurate. Crowd levels will be closer to 6-7. Those numbers look more like what May was like a few years ago.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    From having been in WDW in early and mid-May the last 4 years I can say those numbers are not accurate. Crowd levels will be closer to 6-7. Those numbers look more like what May was like a few years ago.
    I agree... but that's what Touring plans has put out... I'm not sure they are at all correct. Seems awfully low to me also.

With FP+ and a much improved economy (USA anyway) I think this is going to be a "long line Summer"
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just that a "3" these days is equivalent to a "6" five years ago.

For example, "moderate crowds" five years ago could've meant 50,000 visitors, while today, "moderate" means 75,000 visitors. (Completely made up numbers).

It doesn't mean they aren't accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    I agree... but that's what Touring plans has put out... I'm not sure they are at all correct. Seems awfully low to me also.
    TP COMPLETELY missed in October. We were there the first full week of October and they had 1 and 2 most days with a 3 on Saturday. By their own definitions every day that week was a 7-8. I'm not wasting time with their numbers any more. It just led to disappointment when I thought we had picked a good week and it turned out totally wrong and with the updated MDE (when it works) I really don't need the Lines app anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    Maybe it's just that a "3" these days is equivalent to a "6" five years ago.
    Their numbers aren't based on number of people in the parks but on wait times. They post what a "3" and a "6" are supposed to mean. I just haven't found them accurate all the last couple of years. Maybe they haven't updated their data.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be at POP 8 - 22 May this year; this is the 3rd time in the past 5 years that we'll be in WDW during this ime period. The Flower and Garden Festival is at the top of my all-time favorite events in WDW, which is the reason we've started vacationing in early May.

Florida weather in May is beautiful, and is so much more comfortable than August. We're not park commandos and due to health issues, we pass on all attractions which have precautionary warnings (and are primarily the most popular attractions and most likely the one with long lines), so we don't pay attention to the crowd levels. We just do our thing and enjoy ourselves at our own pace.

I've never been a lover of hot weather, but I'm changing my mind, after the months of hibernation due to freezing temps, snow, ice, etc., etc. So, armed with my tube of sunblock, summer clothes, multiple hats and sunglasses, I'm ready for the warmth of Florida.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Historically, this is the week we also go every year. Last year we had one cloudy day and the mornings were cool(sweatshirt/jacket). Overall the weather was good and we were able to enjoy the pool most days. Crowds aren't too bad, but definitely not a 2-3. We also have stopped using that app because it's never appeared to be accurate for us.

This year, we are going the week before Memorial Day, leaving WDW on the Friday before the Holiday. Hoping for lower crowds, but we'll make do. The weather will hopefully be awesome.. it's been a long winter. Looking forward to lots of pool and relaxation time!!!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: