Quantcast Epcot Premieres New Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Premieres New Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party

Called got prices.... $50 Adult $30 kids 18% tip added on (I guess) Its Like Tomorrowland dessert thing but with sparkling wine... served between Canada and England at the world showplace .

Called twice... neither CM knew what I was talking about and basically read it to me... couldn't answer any question... I'm on hold with a supervisor while she calls epcot for more info...

EDIT: Supervisor said reservations will be delayed a day... Starts Thursday 3-13.
    (read it from an email) She has no clue either

Text from article I found:

Starting today, Epcot is introducing a brand new dessert party offering called the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party.

Here, guests will be able to partake in a complete selection of desserts and sparkling wines, in addition to having a prime reserved location for viewing Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. The dessert party location is in the World ShowPlace section of the park, found between the Canada and United Kingdom Pavilions. (This dessert party is similar to the one that’s currently being held in the Magic Kingdom-the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Party).

Dessert options will include tiramisu from Italy, vanilla pot de crème from France, shortbread cookies from the United Kingdom, baklava from Morocco, sugar-dusted cronis with strawberry sauce from America and a selection of delicious ice-cream treats.

The parties will be available on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 7:45 p.m. until 9:20 p.m.

Advanced Dining Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Guests looking to make reservations may do so online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE. An event party ticket is required to attend. In addition, Epcot park admission is also require, however, park admission is not included in the price of the dessert party.
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a good idea, but I'd hate to pay $50 and then have the wind blow smoke in my face.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    This sounds like a good idea, but I'd hate to pay $50 and then have the wind blow smoke in my face.
    The viewing location isn't between England and Canada. This sounds like every other fireworks event Epcot has had where you do the dessert, wine, whatever in that special pavilion between UK and Canada, they give you a wristband and you use that to get into the special viewing area which is between the two gift shops at the entrance to WS.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Sry, it is uk and canada
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The viewing location isn't between England and Canada. This sounds like every other fireworks event Epcot has had where you do the dessert, wine, whatever in that special pavilion between UK and Canada, they give you a wristband and you use that to get into the special viewing area which is between the two gift shops at the entrance to WS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    Sry, it is uk and canada
    The Showcase Plaza, where this is being offered, is located at the entrance to World Showcase, between the two shops (Duffy shop, Disney Traders).

Here is the official word from the Disney Parks Blog:

Check out this genius idea – what if we took the best desserts and sparkling wines from all around World Showcase and gathered them in one area for an amazing – and delicious! – nighttime party? Well, it’s on, thanks to the new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

This new offering will take place at Epcot’s Showcase Plaza, a perfect place from which to view “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and will run from 7:45-9:20 p.m. The menu will include the best sweets from several international pavilions, including tiramisu and Prosecco from Italy; Vanilla Pot de Creme from France; baklava from Morocco and much more.

The IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party will cost $49 for adults and $29 for children. Parties begin March 15, and booking opens March 12. To book or learn more, visit Disneyworld.com/spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Just booked for Wed, July 16.
    6/88 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/91 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/94 FW
    7/00 ASM
    7/01 BC & Disney Magic
    7/04 CBR
    Xmas 04 CBR
    Xmas 06 SSR
    6/08 POFQ
    10/08 POFQ
    7/11 POFQ
    10/11 POP & POR
    7/14 POR
    7/15 POR
    11/17 POR
    9/2020 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great- booked it for my May trip!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The Showcase Plaza, where this is being offered, is located at the entrance to World Showcase, between the two shops (Duffy shop, Disney Traders).

.[/I][/B]
    My Reservation show:

Epcot World ShowPlace

Date: Friday, June 20, 2014

$196 Pre-paid

When I went to the Disney World attractions map, zoomed into epcot and clicked on the world showplace pavilion between Canada and England (sry UK)
    and click on the knife and fork icon it shows the Illumination Sparkling Dessert Party.

The first release I saw (original post) says the same.. But...ALL CM"S are reading the email they got yesterday about this being located at world showcase plaza.. Maybe that is the viewing area but it looks like the food and wine will be In the pavilion..

Spoke to a Supervisor about this an hour ago and he said he thinks it's going to be at the Pavillion not the Plaza .. he is checking on it ...

Either way one set of Info is wrong .. I'll update when the correct info is in both
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

When I went to the Disney World attractions map, zoomed into epcot and clicked on the world showplace pavilion between Canada and England (sry UK...DUH split hairs here)

and click on the knife and fork icon it shows the Illumination Sparkling Dessert Party.

The first release I saw (original post) says the same.. But...ALL CM"S are reading the email they got yesterday about this being located at world showcase plaza..

Spoke to a Supervisor about this an hour ago and he said he thinks it's going to be at the Pavillion not the Plaza .. he is checking on it ...

Either way one set of Info is wrong .. I'll update when the correct info is in both
    I guess we will find out very soon, since the first party is in 2 days.

I did peek back at the Disney Parks Blog story on this to see if there was any further information or clarification in the comments, but nothing was mentioned about location. Still says Showcase Plaza in the blog. I did see a few things in the comments of note though - cannot use Tables in Wonderland or in no way is this part of the Dining Plan. The service is buffet and is $49 for adults and $29 for children.

Post Thanks / Like

This is confusing. I just don't believe it's at the World ShowPlace. That is an indoor pavilion located between the UK and Canada, but back behind the pavilions, well away from the water. There would be no view.

I don't know the exact name of the area Chris referenced, but there are two viewing areas (one at UK and one at France) that are usually private viewing areas for Illuminations. We here at INTERCOT have rented those out twice in the past.

I'm pretty confident this party will take place where the Blog says it will - the Showcase Plaza.

Post Thanks / Like

When I did the 3D Dessert Party during Food and Wine, they had the food at the indoor pavilion between the UK and Canada that Melanie mentioned in her post then when it was time for Illuminations they moved us to the viewing area Chris mentioned between the two stores.

Maybe that's the confusion? Maybe they are running it like the 3D party? The price is comparable and I think the timing is too.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    When I did the 3D Dessert Party during Food and Wine, they had the food at the indoor pavilion between the UK and Canada that Melanie mentioned in her post then when it was time for Illuminations they moved us to the viewing area Chris mentioned between the two stores.

Maybe that's the confusion? Maybe they are running it like the 3D party? The price is comparable and I think the timing is too.
    It did seem a little pricy for just the plaza... I mean why have different seating times?? I guess we'll wait and see.
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post

Oh my! LOL Well, I guess now we'll truly have to wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the CM said it was between Mexico and Norway. Was not sure where that would be.......hope it ends up being worth the $$$$. I thought maybe there was a new area since the new Mexican dining area had opened and we have never dined in the area since the remodeling.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    I thought the CM said it was between Mexico and Norway. Was not sure where that would be.......hope it ends up being worth the $$$$. I thought maybe there was a new area since the new Mexican dining area had opened and we have never dined in the area since the remodeling.

LOL! Seems no one knows.

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I will be experiencing this on March 19th. I will let you all know how it goes.
    FIRST 1975
    LAST : Jan 2017
    UP NEXT: Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESMOM View Post
    My family and I will be experiencing this on March 19th. I will let you all know how it goes.
    That would be great!!

A CM Supervisor actually called me back to tell me the event WILL be held at the Showcase plaza... no seats just pub tables..

He said the website showing (along with my reservation) World Showplace will be corrected... Not sure if it's fixed yet...It's 6:00AM

I'm not sure it I want to stand and eat and drink for an hour before fireworks .... for $200.00. I was hoping for something a little more ... well ... elegant.. It would be nice to have a private spot to watch them though...Look at me as I wrestle with my decision ....

Please do send your thoughts on the event... It'll help me decide If I want to cancel or not.

Thanks again
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

A CM Supervisor actually called me back to tell me the event WILL be held at the Showcase plaza...
    Okay, so, Showcase Plaza (at entrance to World Showcase between the Disney Traders shops) it apparently is. I've never watched Illuminations from there, so hopefully that is a great view and there are some darn good desserts for $49.

Can't wait to hear some reviews!

Post Thanks / Like

The view is good from there. Not great as some things can obstruct your view, but better than most locations around the lagoon. Not sure it's worth the money to stand and drink wine, though. With the 3D Dessert party we had an awesome time, but this doesn't sound too appealing to me.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The view is good from there. Not great as some things can obstruct your view, but better than most locations around the lagoon. Not sure it's worth the money to stand and drink wine, though. With the 3D Dessert party we had an awesome time, but this doesn't sound too appealing to me.
    I like the drinking wine part ; but I am not a fan of the standing with only pub tables available. Pub tables won't work when one of the members of your party is in a wheelchair. I wonder if they will have a couple of lower tables to accommodate wheelchairs? There are a few low tables placed around World Showcase during Food and Wine.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: