Quantcast holding up a sign?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default holding up a sign?

Are you allowed to hold up a piece of paper when you see the characters? I mean are you allowed to give the character a sign to hold while you take a picture? I wanted to send a message to a sick little boy and I wanted Mickey to hold it..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    Curious about this also
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Not official, but my gut tells me they won't... Heck, one time Minnie was waiting for Mickey to leave our table and when we asked for a picture together we were scolded "No"...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!
    I have done this twice. My daughter had a friend at home that loves the Mad Hatter and Alice and they both held up a sign that said Hi Karen! and we took a picture. Also Marie in the Magic Kingdom held up a sign too. I am sure they would allow it.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

Post Thanks / Like

Great thanks I hope we will be back in time to have it done. The little boy we are doing it for is very sick and may not have much time. I just thought it would be a cool idea if he saw it from Mickey....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it's a case by case basis thing. "Hi whoever" is probably no problem, but I doubt you're getting a shot of Mickey holding some meme like "O RLY?" or whatever.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

All I would like is for him to hold a small sign that says "Hi (kids name)" that's it nothing more. Just to get a smile out of him knowing Mickey said hello would be awesome. We could fill in the rest of the details on what "Mickey" was really saying ya know

I'm trying to put a trip together in May, so hopefully I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Friends of mine had a sign that said hello to their friend who is serving in Afghanistan. They brought it through the marathon in January and had pictures taken with every character. It was really awesome!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

I did this for a friend in November who was very sick battling leukemia and preparing for a stem cell transplant. She is a huge WDW fan, and her daughter was putting together an inspirational video with pics of people holding signs with messages like "You can do it!" and "Believe in miracles!" I took a sign with me that said "Just believe" and my plan was to have my pic taken in front of the castle holding the sign. My family and I were in Epcot during our trip and saw there was no wait at all at the Character Spot. So, I decided to see if I could get a pic with Mickey holding the sign for my friend. I didn't know if they would allow that kind of thing, but wanted to try. So, when I got to Mickey's area, I showed him the sign and asked if he would hold it for the pic, and told him it was for my friend who was fighting cancer. Mickey took the sign, held it to his heart, and nodded "Yes." He then proceeded to motion to the character attendant for a marker, knelt down on the floor, and wrote a personal message on the back of the sign to my friend that said, "Hang in there! Your pal, Mickey." It was amazing and so above and beyond what I hoped for. I was in tears as I watched Mickey writing on the sign because I knew how much it would mean to my friend. After he was done, we got some great pics (the character attendant insisted on taking extra so we would be sure to have a good one ). When I got home, I sent the sign to my friend and she later told me that on her toughest days, she would pull it out and read Mickey's message to her. I'm glad to say that she is now more than 100 days post-transplant and doing great, well on the road to recovery!

So, long story short, lol, yes, they will hold signs and might even add something special if you tell them what it's for.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!! laprana, that brought me to tears reading your post. how cool is that he went above and beyond for you. I HOPE I can get the "same" Mickey when I go...lol that would be amazing!!! So glad your friend is doing better....

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you do, too, Minnie! Or an even better one!

My experience that day reminded me exactly why I love Disney so much. When I got home, I made sure to send an e-mail relating the story and telling them how grateful I was for Mickey and the other CMs who made that extra effort. I got a phone call a couple days later from a WDW manager who said he would be sure to pass my e-mail along to the CMs and that Mickey would be recognized for going above and beyond.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Another thought is there used to be a pay it forward thread here somewhere where people would send postcards while they were at Disney world. You could see if someone would be willing to do it soon.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Mary Poppins held up a Happy Birthday to ....... sign for me to send to my aunt.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

It will depend on the sign too. I was there once and my school, KU Jayhawks were playing Missouri that night. I asked Mickey to hold up a sign that said "rock chalk Jayhawk, Go KU" I was going to send it to a friend of mine and he refused very politely and his caretaker also said he couldn't do it.
    a couple years ago my mom and dad were celebrating their 50th anniv, and I had many characters hold up signs wishing them a happy anniv, and video taped many of the speaking characters wishing them happy anniv. I included that on a video I made to celebrate their anniv. not one character had any problems with that.
    I also had captain America and thor wish my nephew a happy birthday and sent it to him. and I also video taped Anna and Elsa saying hi to my son and saying they can't wait to see him this November.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

They will. I've done it twice. Once I had "get well soon" for my dad as he battled cancer. I gave it to him just before he passed and he loved it. I was in tears as they did it for me, and Mickey & Minnie hugged me so tight when I explained who it was for and why - it was wonderfully kind of them!

I also did it last week for a family who lost their 5 year old son. It was his 6th bday and a family member suggested ppl wherever they were post a pic on Facebook with the child's name. Mickey goofy and Minnie all held the paper for Aiden.

So I've found that "happy birthday so-and-so" or "hi ____" is acceptable. I don't think they would do "go sports team" or "vote ______ on amendment ___"

Also, face characters are happy to video a greeting! I did this on INTERCOT's social media- Anna and Elsa said hello, as did Tink and Aurora! Fun!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they do! We were at the MNSSHP last October and my sister loves loves loves Jack Skelly so I made a sign that said Happy Halloween and her name on it and he actually posed for like 3 pictures with the sign for me. He was awesome. We waited in line over 2 hours to see him just so I could get a picture for my sister. She almost cried when I gave her the picture. It was awesome!
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

We did this in November with no problem at all. My sister and her DH did their baby gender reveal with Minnie and Pluto holding up the "It's a Girl!" sign and when me and my parents turned around that is what we saw and how we found out. The photopass photographers LOVED it and had a ball taking so many pics. Minnie Mouse was just so excited and happy to be apart of it.. she was jumping up and down, hugging us all. It was awesome. And that is how they revealed it to the family back home by sending the picture and then posted it on fb a little later for everyone else. It was one of the best memories of the trip and the first thing we did on the day we arrived.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last September, wife and I took a "cutout" picture of our niece (who is all of four years old) in her Elsa dress. The picture was about 18" tall. We had all of our characters "hold" our neice, so she could "have her picture taken" with all of the characters, especially the princesses.

So, yes, they will hold a sign or picture, as long as it not demeaning.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: