Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - March 27-April 12, 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - March 27-April 12, 2014

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Thursday pm, March 27, 2014
    There have been a couple of isolated showers about today so the high is staying near 68. Look for a high tomorrow of 75-77 with a 40% chance of scattered afternoon showers. A band of heavy rain and thunderstorms will move in overnight Friday into Saturday morning. Right now it looks like the rain should be out before park opening and the high Saturday will climb to around 80. However, it looks like a squall line will come through at some point Saturday afternoon. Those thunderstorms won't last too long, but they could be pretty intense. But alert for severe weather warnings. Sunday should dry out with a high 70-72 and things will stay dry through Thursday. Monday will be 72-74, then around 75 for Tuesday, up to 78-80 for Wednesday and 80-82 for Thursday.

Long range...April 4 looks dry with a high near 80, but a front brings rain for April 5. April 6-9 is dry with highs in the upper 70s to low 80s with thunderstorms moving in on April 10. Of course it's voodooland right now, but this system looks pretty potent, dropping highs into the mid to upper 60s for April 11-12.

Travel Impact
    No major delays today, but tomorrow severe weather could cause problems over parts of AL, MS, AR, LA, western TN, and eastern TX.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris noticed you hadn't updated in awhile. I hope all is well with you and yours. :0(
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Mitzie, I have had several crises at my church. It's been a crazy last couple of weeks. I appreciate you asking. Hopefully things are settling down. I can't remember the last time I spent so much time at hospitals and funeral homes. There will be an update today, though.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default March 25- 31

I am hoping your projected rainy days are changed to sunny warm days!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Mitzie, I have had several crises at my church. It's been a crazy last couple of weeks. I appreciate you asking. Hopefully things are settling down. I can't remember the last time I spent so much time at hospitals and funeral homes. There will be an update today, though.
    Sorry to hear that life is so busy for you. What is the old adage.. when it rains it pours..no pun intended to the weather guru. I will keep you and you church in my prayers.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Chris is forecasting the weather for our trip. You know it is getting close when that happens. Keep the good news coming!
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there next week. Praying for nice weather!! Course anything is better than the weather we have been having here in Maine.
    November 2018 - Coronado Springs/Pop Century
    October 2017 - Disneyland
    March 2017 - All Star Sports & Boardwalk
    October 2015 - AKL Kidani
    March/April 2014 - Pop Century Resort
    Nov/Dec 2005 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Nov/Dec 2004 - Pop Century Resort
    February 2003 - All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: