Quantcast Disney launches digital movie "locker" app

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney launches digital movie "locker" app

From Disney Parks Blog:

New Disney Movies Anywhere Service Launches

Regular readers know that movies inspire attractions at Disney Parks. And today, we’re thrilled to share that you’ll now be able to enjoy your favorite films with an all-new digital movie service and app called Disney Movies Anywhere. It’s free and ready to try.

Debuting with iTunes as its exclusive launch provider, Disney Movies Anywhere is an easy to use, streamlined way to manage and enjoy your digital collection of Disney, Pixar, and Marvel movies. When you download the app, you’ll be able to browse, buy and watch your favorite movies on an internet browser, Apple TV or through a free app for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.

Today’s official launch of Disney Movies Anywhere coincides with the release of the hit film “Frozen” as well as “Thor: The Dark World.” Disney Movies Anywhere is offering more than 400 Disney, Pixar and Marvel feature films, direct-to-video content and hard-to-find classics at launch. New movies will be added frequently.

Also, for a limited time, you’ll receive a free digital copy of Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” when you sign up and connect your iTunes account.

Disney Movies Anywhere App is now available free at AppStore.com/Disney. You can also learn more about the service and sign up at the official Disney Movies Anywhere website.

Here's the link to the blog article, which includes video of the app:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...vice-launches/

I guess this would be most useful for people who have cell service on their iPads and like to watch movies on the go. If that's not you, you might find this less useful, since you can just stream your Disney iTunes movies to your device through your home wifi.

On the other hand, you might like the little extras on the app. And a perk is that the movies you purchase now are connected to Disney Movie Rewards, so you can earn when buying digital movies now.

I downloaded the app and linked my iTunes account. We have a fair digital movie library (both Disney and not), so we're going to do a little test drive at home to see how often we really use it vs. just going through iTunes.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Downloaded it about two hours ago. Had to reset my password then spent two hours collecting and entering all my disney movie codes. Working well so far. Just for downloading the app and linking your account with iTunes you get a free digital copy of the incredible a movie, so far it's working well (knock on wood). Had one hiccup when after entering all my codes all of a sudden my rewards balance drop to zero, I went to Demeter a couple codes and it said I already entered them so I had to close out of the app and start it again, but when it restarted all my points were there. I did lose old points I had a long time ago so not sure if they just expired or what, that was a little disappointing. But other than that it's working great.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, it's still a little short...

I still prefer to have all my content under my control. My current setup allows me to view pretty much anything, anywhere (Internet connectivity is required), and on any device.

I'm running 4 Home Theater PC's (HTPC) along with a couple of iPads, couple of Android phones, a Windows tablet as well as an Android tablet. All have the same content available and I can watch something on one and pick it up on another, even view things while on vacation, etc.

I'm not tied to any one particular technology...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Problem is, it's still a little short...

I still prefer to have all my content under my control. My current setup allows me to view pretty much anything, anywhere (Internet connectivity is required), and on any device.

I'm running 4 Home Theater PC's (HTPC) along with a couple of iPads, couple of Android phones, a Windows tablet as well as an Android tablet. All have the same content available and I can watch something on one and pick it up on another, even view things while on vacation, etc.

I'm not tied to any one particular technology...
    Yeah, so far I'm not sure how it's an advantage for anything, unless you want to segment out your Disney movies from the rest of your iTunes films.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of our movies are older so they didn't come with codes. Can these still be added somehow?

Thanks!
    Holly
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "Think of the safety. Think of the sense of well-being. At last, your family can be protected from the heartbreak of gorilla invasion." Dr. B. Honeydew

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: