Quantcast Ferris wheel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Ferris wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ferris wheel

I heard on the radio yesterday that Disney is adding a Ferris Wheel to the Disney World Resort. They called it the Orlando Eye. Did anyone else hear this and is it just a rumor? The radio station did not say which park it would be placed in or if it would be part of Disney Springs. I live in the NY/Nj area and it was heard on a NY station.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just did a Google search for Orlando eye ferris wheel and it pulled info about the ferris wheel. Anyway it is being built near the Orlando convention center near International Drive so not a Disney ride.

On a side note a Mickey Fun Wheel would be a nice addition to DHS but I doubt that would happen.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I just did a Google search for Orlando eye ferris wheel and it pulled info about the ferris wheel. Anyway it is being built near the Orlando convention center near International Drive so not a Disney ride.

On a side note a Mickey Fun Wheel would be a nice addition to DHS but I doubt that would happen.
    Yes this...

Lazy reporting... Just easier to say WDW than where it actually will be going since most people know where WDW is, not the Orlando Convention Center...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love if WDW really would add one. Never understood why they haven't. I miss the sky cabs of MK from LONG ago in DL. [I'm dating myself right!]
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the CBC during the Olympics and somebody on there was using "Disneyland" as a synonym for theme park. To some people, WDW/DL/Disney is like Kleenex/Xerox where the brand name is applied to anything that is similar. Seems so strange to me, but it apparently does happen.

With that in mind, it is no wonder that people get confused about WDW and Universal. In their head, it is all part of the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the wdw/universal mix up--- I had someone literally argue with me that 'Harry Potter World was at WDW.' He said he knows bc he went there once four years ago and they only went to WDW. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that the Boardwalk area would be perfect for a Ferris wheel. Probably will never happen because of liability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quack arf squeak View Post
    I always thought that the Boardwalk area would be perfect for a Ferris wheel. Probably will never happen because of liability.
    Well, there is one at Disney's California Adventure - so I don't think it's liability. Rather it's a distraction from the Epcot Skyline. The Swan and Dolphin already are out of place... having a big amusement park ferris wheel would further add to that distraction.

Although, if you look at some of the original concept art for boardwalk, imaginers did envision some boardwalk type rides there...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirlie11 View Post
    Speaking of the wdw/universal mix up--- I had someone literally argue with me that 'Harry Potter World was at WDW.' He said he knows bc he went there once four years ago and they only went to WDW. Lol
    Now that's funny... But shows how people associate the entire Orlando area as Walt Disney World...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered why there wasnt a Ferris Wheel at WDW somewhere. Maybe because they dont want you to see the tops of the buildings because they arent decorated or something?
    Everybodys got a laughin place!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirlie11 View Post
    My sister still argues with me that ET was a ride at MGM. She remembers the trees from ET and associates it with the Star Tours queue. She says Star Tours replaced ET because she hasn't been to Universal in FL. She has. She just doesn't remember and mixed it up. Silly girl .
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    My sister still argues with me that ET was a ride at MGM. She remembers the trees from ET and associates it with the Star Tours queue. She says Star Tours replaced ET because she hasn't been to Universal in FL. She has. She just doesn't remember and mixed it up. Silly girl .

Take her to Universal and prove it. ET is still there. And to be honest, it's still a pretty cool attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

The eye will be on i drive. My son in law is opening the new Yard House that is in the complex. It will be awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firefan43 View Post
    I always wondered why there wasnt a Ferris Wheel at WDW somewhere. Maybe because they dont want you to see the tops of the buildings because they arent decorated or something?
    That is a big reason. Walt wanted you to step into Disney World and completely forget that a real world existed. The "show" was protected and you should not be able to see cars, or even the hotels. But sadly i think this has all been forgotten.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    That is a big reason. Walt wanted you to step into Disney World and completely forget that a real world existed. The "show" was protected and you should not be able to see cars, or even the hotels. But sadly i think this has all been forgotten.
    That's true as far as WDW being different from DisneyLand, where there were hotels, restaurants, souvenir shops, etc. developed all around DL right across the street. That's why they bought so much land in Florida, so they could control development near the parks (but it was OK as long as Disney owned the hotels, etc. wink, wink).

But that concept was never true for the parks themselves. Even in the beginning, MK had the skylift, from which you could see everything in the park, rooftops, backstage areas, everything was exposed. If you are brave enough to open your eyes on the Tower of Terror, you can see lots of backstage while elevated on that ride, too. Even from Astro Orbiter, the top of Splash Mountain, or the monorail as it approaches the parks, you can see backstage areas.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember seeing the tops of the buildings from the skylift and thinking that it would be tough to decorate all those rooftops...not to mention the upkeep it would take to keep things looking great for the benefit of (basically) one ride.

Still, I think a Ferris wheel would be a good addition to ONE of the parks. Maybe AK since that place needs some help with rides, and from that high, the AK really would be neat to look at since its more covered with trees and spread apart.

At least, thats my opinion.
    Everybodys got a laughin place!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: