Quantcast Fastpass kiosk locations for off-site guests?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fastpass kiosk locations for off-site guests?

Will be taking my niece to Disney during her spring break (week of 3/17). We are staying off-site and as I currently understand it, even with the My Disney Experience app we will need to do the Fastpass ressies day of visit on site via a kiosk.
    Where are these kiosks located within the parks? I would imagine that any at the entrance will have a long queue. Are there others in any out of the way places that are less used?

Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fast Pass+ kiosks are EVERYWHERE! We were there in the beginning of February and were absolutely astounded on the shear magnitude of manpower and space that has been dedicated to managing the Fast Pass+ program. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone to help you book your Fast Passes each day, but do expect a long line first thing in the morning. I saw many a line that was pretty long and waited in one for 20 minutes myself....and that was February!

When I had heard that WDW had gone way over budget on Fast Pass+ (over $1 Billion), I was very puzzled.

After my last visit, I completely understand. Operationally, they have added 5-6 attraction-sized staffing to each park. Many of them have taken over locations that used to be stores generating revenue.

In my opinion, I think they fixed something that wasn't broken...and then managed to break it. Fast Pass+ works if you are tech savvy and have appropriate tech with you to do it, but if you don't/aren't, then you are at the mercy of young (19-22 y/o's) men and women to do it for you. It is very time consuming as each guest takes up to 5-10 minutes each to figure out what they want to do and which time slots they want their fast passes for...and then they can be customized after that!

I know it is a perk for resort guests to be able to do this in advance - some of ours I schedule almost a month ahead. What I am worried about is that Fast Pass will become a perk ONLY for resort guests or they will add a fast pass charge for non-resort guests similar to what Six Flags parks charge everyone for their similar front of the line program.

As for the actual line experience, there were several times that the Fast Pass+ did not save us ANY time at all. This is because there are so many more people using the Fast Pass+ program and already have 3-4 attractions already cued up. Before, you could only get one at a time and then you had to come back later. This spread people out. Now, it is actually possible to get 3 Fast Pass+ passes for attractions all right in a row! I think summer and Spring Break may see Fast Pass lines that are an hour long and standby lines that are 3 hours. I hope not, but based on what I saw, definitely a possibility.
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there this past weekend. I didn't need ti use them but we noticed numerous areas were cast members were set up to take FP+ reservations.

I don't remember all the sites but they were very easy to find. They were staffed with 4-8 cast members in blue shirts and one will be holding a sign that says FP+.

As an example at Hollywood Studios, there was a group set up near the hat , in the area of the Muppets and the Hollywood & Vine restaurants. These sites probably can be moved based on crowds.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Have you linked your tickets to MDE? We had a post last week where off-site guests on other boards are reporting being able to book FP+ at 60 days out if they have an ADR. No one from our site has said anything but it's worth a try.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Have you linked your tickets to MDE?
    Haven't received the tickets yet, but would love it if we could book FP+ ahead of time once they are linked.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Cypress Palms - 2014

Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Post Thanks / Like

I am a yearly offsite guest. I have ADRs for April. I was exploring the system and I was actually in the fast pass+ system and able to buy tickets to link (I believe). I'm not ready to buy now so I didn't do it. I also tend to buy from another agent. Give it a try when you have your tickets!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kiosk site inside Heritage House

Concerning the FP+ kiosks - came across a valuable nugget the other day. If you are at MK and need to access one go to the Heritage House in Liberty Square next to The Hall of Presidents. Inside there is a Kiosk very few people know exist at least as of about a week or two ago. They posted a video and at that site there were 2 people and just around the corner there was a kiosk I believe at or near the Rapunzel tower that had 30+ people standing in line. I hope this helps.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Have you linked your tickets to MDE? We had a post last week where off-site guests on other boards are reporting being able to book FP+ at 60 days out if they have an ADR. No one from our site has said anything but it's worth a try.
    Got my tickets in the mail today. They are now linked to MDE along with my ADR. Unfortunately, I can't make any Fastpass+ reservations. It shows it as being locked and it is @ 2 weeks until we go. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Cypress Palms - 2014

Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: