Quantcast Visit Frequency to WDW....? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If airfare were cheaper, we would go every year. It averages out to every other year for us. We get our fix reading about other peoples trips, it keeps us hungry to go back.
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The wife and I were averaging two or three visits a year before we started snowbirding down here a few years ago. Right now we/I average two days a week during the winter, course some of the visits now can be just for a meal. This week I spent two half days so far.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

We go every other year and take different vacations in between. We've found that's our ideal. We really want to experience other destinations. If we went to Disney every year, not only would we not be able to do that, but we feel confident that going every year would be too much for us. Giving that time in between and the different experiences really helps us enjoy our WDW visits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    For the past 12 years we have visited 1-2 times per year. If I had to "average" it I would say about every 9 months.

I am not sure if that's been too often for my family, or if all the recent changes have affected our feelings, but this year we are not visiting at all. We really feel the need for a break. There is no excitement in thinking about a trip right now. Sometimes I feel like I am really missing Disney, and would love to be planning a trip. However, after our two trips last year I have come to realize that what I am really missing is past trips, my old Disney. These last two trips left a lot to be desired. These trips just didn't seem to be worth the amount of money we dished out. I have considered it could just be, like you said, we have gone too often that it's become ordinary, too common, we have lost the excitement.

So I guess in the past I would have said every 9 months was ideal, just not sure how frequent I feel is ideal right now.
    This is pretty close to ours as well. We used to go a little more frequently.....sometimes 2 week long trips and then third long weekend trip. As the price increases became more outrageous each and every year over the last 5 years we have cut back on WDW trips and started going elsewhere. We have had some really good trips to other destinations lately.

This year we also are not going to WDW at all. I simply do not have the patience to deal with all the nonsense and trouble involved in setting up a trip there right now. I don't want a vacation to be a job and completely preplanned every minute of every day.....that is just irritating.

We are however going to Disneyland for the first time this summer if everything works out. There we can still just show up and go at our vacation without any major planning.

Post Thanks / Like

We went every year until I got sick. It has been about 4 years, since I was there. Initially I was looking forward to getting back into the once a year routine. Now that I've had to start dealing with the new system, I think this is our last visit. I am excited about my trip to Disneyland though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonLefNY View Post
    The wife and I were averaging two or three visits a year before we started snowbirding down here a few years ago. Right now we/I average two days a week during the winter, course some of the visits now can be just for a meal. This week I spent two half days so far.
    Hello fellow Polk County friend!!!

I'm in Babson Park. I know it would be way different if we lived out of state. Probably only every couple of years.

Now, we go at least 1-2 times a month. I like to do "mini-vacations" as well. Usually 2-3 times a year!
    Generally we stay off property. But recently I found out one of my co-workers works there on the weekends and she said let her know when I want to stay on property and she'll get me the friends/family discount!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Every three years for us so far, it may be longer after this upcoming trip as I've promised my mom a trip to Wyoming.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Used to be every 3 years for us, like clockwork. The trips have gotten further apart. We are also coming from the West coast, so Disneyland is our primary park. I'd love to get back to every 2 or 3 years regularly.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I usually go every year but if I could I'd go 2-3 times a year. I guess I have to wait until I'm retired
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Once we started going, it was usually about once a year for ten days or so. Then we moved, got different jobs, etc, and we still continued to go once a year, but started driving and cut it down to 7-8 days of actual park time.

Then we bought a couple of small DVC contracts that totaled 50 points, which is enough for the wife and I to go every other year for four days. Since the direct flights from Roanoke to Orlando fly on Sundays and Thursdays, this works out perfectly. So we added those trips to our regular family trips.

Then last year they started offering DVC discounts on annual passes. We went in November as a family, then just the two of us in April for our anniversary, then again as a family in late August/early September. Then, this year we decided to do the annual passes again, and we're taking the kids for a surprise trip to Star Wars Weekends in late May. Then we're coming back in October (my alma mater is playing UCF on ESPN Thursday night), so we're making a WDW trip out of it. Then to top it off, we're coming back as a family in early January.

Whew! So, it used to be once a year, but we will actually manage to visit 6 times in 26 months.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to wholly agree with you. I live in your neck of the woods and Florida is no trip the Jersey Shore, so the cost of flight tickets/gas to get there is put into account. Second, because of conflicting times of the year, my family finds we cannot go during "off seasons" when free dining is offered. Even though I am fortunate enough to go once a year for a week, my family has always found that going once a year is not enough. Twice a year would satisfy our "Disney hunger".
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visit frequency-our way

When we first moved to FL from MI, we decided if there was any way to afford it, we'd be passholders, and we were for 10 years. During that time we made trips as often as once a MONTH to 4 times a year. The last year we were passholders (we are again now), we only went a few times because of so many changes and the crowds getting worse and ruder.
    Now we are passholders again because our grandkids are going....so, if I didn't have to work, we'd probably be going at least once a month again. lol Yup, we are hooked on the mouse.
    "I'm too excited to sleep."

Post Thanks / Like

ive been going every 2 years for the last 5 years. in all honesty i get the bug to go back about a year out from the next (hopefully) trip..
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

We were twice a year visitors for better than a decade and a half. We always went for the marathon, then had a september or october trip.

Over the years, we have soured on the mouse. Where we could once afford to stay deluxe, use the dining plan, and stay 10 days or more at a a time, we continued to have to cut back as we were nickled and dimed into oblivion and felt like the value for the money just wasnt worth it to us. (Who remembers apps, entre, drinks ANzd desert on the dining plan, the same rate on hotels on weekends as during the week, longer "value seasons," and LOS without having to purchase an extra park hopper option?)

We continued to have to cut back going from, deluxe to moderate to value. From dining plan, to paying for table service to mostly counter service, from non expiring passes, to LOS, to paying for park hoppers. Eventually, dollar to enjoyment ratio just wasnt worth it to us anymore.

Couple that with constant techincal glitches, Yeti that doesnt work, reduced monorail hours, refurbs the EXACT same week year after year after year (splash mountain down EVERY marathon weeked for years in a row),Dumbo by any other name (Triceritops Spin or Aladin's Carpets) is still Dumbo, unimaginative new attractions that have little more than cardboard cut-outs, and literally duct tape holding things together.

Throw in FP+ and we have had enough. Its been 2 years since our last trip and we just dont want to spend more of our hard earned money for what we view constant diminishing value.

Post Thanks / Like

As a kid growing up in Vero Beach, we'd make day trips about four or five times a year (in the '70s and '80s).

From about 1990 to 1999, I didn't get down there but *once* when I was in the military, Christmas week 1998.

After I got out and we moved back to Melbourne, we were annual passholders - for a whole year and a half. We'd even make trips to the parks just for the Millennium stuff - MSEP, ToN, and the "new" Illuminations - in the evenings during the week, then drive back. Then I started working at MK, and my wife (at the time) followed shortly, and we'd be at the parks four or five times a week

That would be up until about January of 2011, when we moved to Ohio. We made a trip back down there in December of that year (still had our Cast tickets :P ), and haven't been back since.

*However* - we're making a trip down there in *THREE WEEKS!* This is our very first time staying on property and experiencing things from the "other side"...LOL

Our next trip is planned for late January 2016.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Used to be once a year while I was growing up. Now recently with DH it has been at least twice a year.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

My parents always thought of Disney as too expensive while I was growing up, so my first trip was my HS graduation present from them, 16 years ago. Since then, I've been 8 times, but 6 of those have been in the past 9 years that I've been married. I guess that you could say we go about every 18 months now.
    If we could, we would go twice a year (at least); once for the F&WF and MNSSHP, and then for whatever reason. We've toyed with the idea of moving down to FL. If we ever do, I'm sure we'd become AP holders and go once a month.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I'd go twice a year. Once for Flower and Garden, once for Food and Wine.
    This
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

We used to go once a year but last several years we just can't go much anymore. Our last trip was June 2012 but that was only because my parents took us then. I would love to go twice a year but I can only dream.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    We were twice a year visitors for better than a decade and a half. We always went for the marathon, then had a september or october trip.

Over the years, we have soured on the mouse. Where we could once afford to stay deluxe, use the dining plan, and stay 10 days or more at a a time, we continued to have to cut back as we were nickled and dimed into oblivion and felt like the value for the money just wasnt worth it to us. (Who remembers apps, entre, drinks ANzd desert on the dining plan, the same rate on hotels on weekends as during the week, longer "value seasons," and LOS without having to purchase an extra park hopper option?)

We continued to have to cut back going from, deluxe to moderate to value. From dining plan, to paying for table service to mostly counter service, from non expiring passes, to LOS, to paying for park hoppers. Eventually, dollar to enjoyment ratio just wasnt worth it to us anymore.

Couple that with constant techincal glitches, Yeti that doesnt work, reduced monorail hours, refurbs the EXACT same week year after year after year (splash mountain down EVERY marathon weeked for years in a row),Dumbo by any other name (Triceritops Spin or Aladin's Carpets) is still Dumbo, unimaginative new attractions that have little more than cardboard cut-outs, and literally duct tape holding things together.

Throw in FP+ and we have had enough. Its been 2 years since our last trip and we just dont want to spend more of our hard earned money for what we view constant diminishing value.
    It's probably my anthropological side, but it is always so interesting to me to read/get various perspectives on the same thing/idea/situation. Because those perspectives can vary so drastically.

I'm sorry that Disney has soured for you So would you say that in your opinion, you are 100% done with Disney and moving on completely?

I know for me, in my opinion and family's opinion, we are the opposite. Though there *are* some things where I scratch my head, the vast majority of our WDW experiences are amazing.
    Granted, I've never stayed in anything above a moderate [and that was only twice]. I feel extremely lucky to be able to stay in the values and personally we love those the best because of theme-ing.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: