Quantcast What do you do for fun? :)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you do for fun? :)

Besides *Disney*, of course...LOL

My hobby is radio-controlled race cars, specifically carpet-oval racing.

The biggest race in the country for these cars is going on this week - literally right at the back door to Animal Kingdom (right off of Sheridan Road and US 192). 600+ racers make the trek every year - this will be the 20th Annual Snowbird Nationals.

Six straight days of racing - from Tuesday until Sunday. Starting at 5am and lasting until...?

snowbirdnationals.com (put the "www" in to watch live coverage).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As a family, we mostly travel for fun. We average 2-4 trips to various places per year. We love seeing new places, as well as visiting old favorites.

I don't really have any hobbies. I stay busy with two kids, various sports, school, and everyday life. I guess you could say my hobby is decorating our home. It seems I am always in the process of painting or redoing something in our house.

DH, on the other hand, has several hobbies. He golfs (I do join him often so I guess it's one of my "fun" things too), brews his own beer, and enjoys races and triathlons. He tries to hunt whenever he can, but rarely has time for it these days. He is also in the National Guard. I guess it's not really considered a hobby or "fun", but he does if for his love of the military, more than anything else.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I love to golf! I really enjoy being outdoors and there is nothing like the sound of the PING when you tee off. I have now started combining my other favorite hobby, traveling, with golfing. I love going to different courses where there is different climates, plants, and grass, and views. Southern Florida in the fall is my favorite golfing area so far. I am hoping to make a trip to Scotland soon. They have some spectacular courses!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

One of my hobbies, the one I spend the most time on lately, is building microcontrollers to do things around the house and in my car. Back around Christmas time someone brought up the whole Christmas Lights to music on peoples houses thing you see on tv and youtube all the time lately and I told them it is so simple it really isn't all that impressive. They laughed and said "yeah right" so that Saturday I threw a sample display together and coded it up real quick. Did it all in about in about 4 hours just to prove a point.

Last weekend I built a controller and wrote an App for my android phone to turn my porch light on and off through bluetooth because I kept forgetting to turn it on before we leave to go out for dinner on the weekends.

I also like to tinker with cars. I still have my first truck. I don't drive it much, just keep it for sentimental reasons and nostalgia. It is a Chevrolet Silverado and it could use a new engine. I am thinking about installing one of the new LS engines, fuel injection, wiring harness and computer system along with the transmission from one of the newer trucks in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy Walking. Food and Wine (not just eating and drinking but adapting recipes, keeping up with vintages, wine tastings, food and wine pairings, discovering new things that I like). Travel and Disney-related things. I would say reading and historical research, too, but they're related to my job as a writer so I guess it's occupational and doesn't count.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Reading, running, and my new hobby is skiing.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Playing street hockey in mens leagues, coaching street hockey and lacrosse in youth leagues, playing PS3 usually sports games against my son, reading mostly non-fiction, fishing both fresh and saltwater.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Traveling, decorating, shopping, planning weddings/parties/showers.
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

After reading a few other responses I guess I can add reading and shopping to my list. Two of my favorite things! How could I forget those!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emerzmom View Post
    I love to golf! I really enjoy being outdoors and there is nothing like the sound of the PING when you tee off. I have now started combining my other favorite hobby, traveling, with golfing. I love going to different courses where there is different climates, plants, and grass, and views. Southern Florida in the fall is my favorite golfing area so far. I am hoping to make a trip to Scotland soon. They have some spectacular courses!

Julie
    We have recently decided to combine travel and golf too. When looking for destinations we have been checking to see what kind of courses are in different locations.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Fun Post!

All four of us play tennis on multiple teams and with our family. We also love to travel and tennis is usually part of that as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I also like to tinker with cars. I still have my first truck. I don't drive it much, just keep it for sentimental reasons and nostalgia. It is a Chevrolet Silverado and it could use a new engine. I am thinking about installing one of the new LS engines, fuel injection, wiring harness and computer system along with the transmission from one of the newer trucks in it.
    Cool

I want to (re)build a '73 Camaro. 400 small block, 4-speed manual, metallic blue.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Travel. Crafting, currently counted cross stitch. Shopping. Food, which is why I'm a lifetime Weight Watcher. And my very favorite pastime of all - reading.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Reading, cooking, food, and movies. I'm currently in the middle of an epic movie weekend. Walking (since we adopted our rescue dog in September I've logged about 600 miles).

Fun thread!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Besides reading (and eating chocolate) one of my favorite hobbies is planning. Travel planning particularly but also things like decks, dog houses, etc. I'm especially happy with a chicken house I planned that was built in 1991 and still does a great job today.

One particular planning that I've been doing lately (since 2003) are the family reunions with my paternal cousins. We're down to only 2 left of our parents' generation so the reunions are more cousin reunions. As we age (in only five short years the oldest cousin will be 70) and lose parents we find we're appreciating our cousin connections more and more.

Every other year we get together in a different part of the country, so hopefully the travel burden is spread out. We started in Idaho, then Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park Kentucky, South Dakota (state park in the Black Hills), Ohio (state park on the shore of Lake Erie), Long Beach Washington and last summer back "home" in Iowa, where the reunions started in the 90s at my aunt's house near the Amana Colonies. Next summer we hope to be near Great Smokey Mtn Nat'l Park.

All I do is coordinate lodging and a couple of meals while the real "work" of having fun is left up to each of us. My cousins all think I do so much but I find planning fun. Plan is not the four letter word that many (DH particularly) think it is!

This is a good thread.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I play WoW, workout, and travel. It has been a lot of fun travelling around and meeting people I talk to in game.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I volunteer to assist children and adults with disabilities at a local company that helps them.

I also play guitar
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Arts for Me

As a EE by trade, I like to exercise my right brain by acting and singing. I've been in over two dozen theater productions, mostly musicals, and have been a member of the Ann Arbor Civic Chorus for 25 years. (Oh boy, I feel old now).

Some of the best times of my life have been on stage!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

That's a hard one, as most of my things center around Disney (but I'll try). My biggest hobby is photography. I love taking pictures (though most subjects will be Disney-related). I also enjoy traveling (I hope to make it to all 50 states, and cruising), reading, playing the piano, going to the theater
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! I loved reading all the responses. This is a fun group!

We love to travel as a family. My personal hobbies are reading, volunteering in our community, various projects involving our family photos both old and new, and I go to these nerdy literary cons with friends. I do workout, but can't really list that as a hobby because I definitely don't do it because I enjoy it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: