Quantcast Free Dining?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Free Dining?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Dining?

Hi. It's been a few years since I have been to WDW and I was wondering if Disney still offers the free dining promo? We are planning a trip for October 2014 and I'm wondering if I should hold out to see if they release discounts for then or if they have phased that out. I seem to remember talk a few years ago that Disney was going to start limiting the discounts they offer. If they still do anyone have a guess for when they will start to release them for that time?
    ~julee~
    Sep 2014 - WDW AKL
    Apr 2012 - WDW Poly
    Dec 2010 - WDW CBR
    Feb 2008 - DL HoJo
    Sep 2007 - DL Off Site
    Sep 2003 - WDW CBR/ASM
    Oct 2002 - DL Highland Gardens LA
    Nov 2000 - WDW Port Orleans
    Jun 1997 - DL Park Place Inn
    Several Trips 1977-85 - Disneyland Hotel

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not likely! Free dining has gone away!
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can say that so definitively. They had Free Dining last year for the entire last four months of the year (barring the holiday week).

The Free Dining for September 2-25 was released in May, and the Free Dining for 9/29 - 12/22 was released at the beginning of August, 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to love the thought of Free Dining until planning our current trip. It was offered and I snatched it up...then plans changed and we had to rearrange our dates to where Free Dining wasn't available. I was devastated because I love the idea of FREE...know the difference in cost of our package now with dining? $20 Yup...a big whopping $20.

My advice...contact Magical Journey's. They will get you the best deal out there regardless if it's "free" or not
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d_m_n_n View Post
    I was devastated because I love the idea of FREE...know the difference in cost of our package now with dining? $20 Yup...a big whopping $20.

My advice...contact Magical Journey's. They will get you the best deal out there regardless if it's "free" or not
    Yeah, "free" is definitely a misnomer since you pay full rack rate for the room on the "free" dining deal.

The Magical Journeys suggestion is the best. They'll get you whatever deal is available, but don't count on "free" dining for October. October has become extremely popular recently (last year it was jam packed) so Disney isn't releasing as many discounts.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

"Free" Dining offers used to be available for September and October, but the last few years has only been for the month of September - and once in awhile the last couple of weeks in August.
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zipadeedoodah View Post
    "Free" Dining offers used to be available for September and October, but the last few years has only been for the month of September - and once in awhile the last couple of weeks in August.
    Not true. It starts with only September, and then they extend it, and extend it again. The last few years it has actually been extended into December. I know, we've used it.

But past events is not a predictor of future events. They could just simply not offer it this coming year. It's been a huge success for Disney, though. The word used to be that it was offered to drive up attendance during "off-season" periods. Well, if so, then well played, Disney. It worked.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Not true. It starts with only September, and then they extend it, and extend it again. The last few years it has actually been extended into December. I know, we've used it.

But past events is not a predictor of future events. They could just simply not offer it this coming year. It's been a huge success for Disney, though. The word used to be that it was offered to drive up attendance during "off-season" periods. Well, if so, then well played, Disney. It worked.
    I know for a fact that it has started in August in the past, as I have participated in it. And I wouldn't consider it extending it when it runs in Nov. and Dec. because it usually stops during Oct. and then starts again in Nov. or Dec. for a few weeks during the less busy times. I have also seen the Free Dining promotion in Feb. and May in the past. They pull out the promotions when they anticipate low attendance.
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

We had free dining the first week in December
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Share This Thread On Social Media: