Quantcast Best View For Illuminations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Best View For Illuminations

We used to enjoy setting water side in the Mexico Counter Service to view the nightly showing of Illuminations, but since the change to a Table Service, that spot is no longer available. This last October we got stuck behind the island and pine trees to try and view through the limbs.
    What is your favorite and best Illuminations viewing spot?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Back when I was in high school our band went and some of my friends and I waited and got front and center spots in between those two shops. They rope it off and closer to when it starts you can move closer to the water and we were as close as we could get. It was great and the best spot ever!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajwgroomer View Post
    Back when I was in high school our band went and some of my friends and I waited and got front and center spots in between those two shops. They rope it off and closer to when it starts you can move closer to the water and we were as close as we could get. It was great and the best spot ever!!!
    I believe that area is now reserved for those who have made fastpass+ reservations to see Illuminations. It does not include places to sit.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The best place to sit is a late dinner at Rosé & Crown!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

BelleBeauty Guest

I agree, if you are willing to wait a little white grabbing spots right in the middle as you enter World Showcase right up by the railing is great. It gives you a front row seat and you can sit. Bonus: you can shop in the stores while you wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleBeauty View Post
    I agree, if you are willing to wait a little white grabbing spots right in the middle as you enter World Showcase right up by the railing is great. It gives you a front row seat and you can sit. Bonus: you can shop in the stores while you wait!
    This spot is reserved for fp+ now.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    The best place to sit is a late dinner at Rosé & Crown!
    We had a 7:40 ADR at Rose and Crown in November and ended up seated outside with a great view of Illuminations from our table. We were just starting dessert when the show started! Excellent way to end a day in Epcot.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The spot between UK and Canada has a great viewing area, as does Germany near the boat dock.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We had a 7:40 ADR at Rose and Crown in November and ended up seated outside with a great view of Illuminations from our table. We were just starting dessert when the show started! Excellent way to end a day in Epcot.

Yes! We are hoping to get an outside table and Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing. We have at 7:50 reservation time. Should I just let them know at check-in that I'd like an outside table if possible?
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zipadeedoodah View Post
    Yes! We are hoping to get an outside table and Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing. We have at 7:50 reservation time. Should I just let them know at check-in that I'd like an outside table if possible?
    You can let them know but, my understanding is that they no longer take such requests seriously. At 7:50, I'd be surprised if any outside tables would open up before Illuminations even if patrons have finished their dining and are having a second or third cup of coffee.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zipadeedoodah View Post
    Our reservation was for 7:40, we checked in around 7:25 (15 minutes early), and requested an outside table. We were told that since it was on the chilly side that night they should not have any problems filling that request. I even told them that we would wait if we had to if that would mean an outside table. We weren't seated till a bit after 8, but we had an outside table with a perfect view of Illuminations.

As we were seated I took a moment to observe the seating and every table out there was full. So much for no one wanting to eat outside. Lol. I will say this, after we were seated I didn't see any other guests leave the outside area until illuminations was over. I guess we got really lucky.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    You can let them know but, my understanding is that they no longer take such requests seriously. At 7:50, I'd be surprised if any outside tables would open up before Illuminations even if patrons have finished their dining and are having a second or third cup of coffee.
    Odds are good you will have one. We have made reservation for 7:30 or later a dozen times & were only seated inside once. I often see people leaving the outside seating area close to 9 & think to myself are these people nuts? Last week when we were there they were still seating people outside at 8:50
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: