Quantcast Honeymoon in Disney World

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Honeymoon in Disney World

Has anyone here honeymooned in Disney? What month/time of year do you recommend? The last time we went was in the first or second week of September and we couldn't believe how quiet it was!!! I'd love something like that again (but September would be before the wedding)...lol.

What times are quiet like that?

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We took our honeymoon to WDW in December 2012. We went the end of the 1st week through the 2nd week and had a great time. Crowds did pick up as the second week went on but we had a great time.

Weather was mild and we had plenty of pool time but thats obviously more up to chance in December.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    We took our honeymoon to WDW in December 2012. We went the end of the 1st week through the 2nd week and had a great time. Crowds did pick up as the second week went on but we had a great time.

Weather was mild and we had plenty of pool time but thats obviously more up to chance in December.
    Same thing here except we were Dec 2006. We loved it because we enjoyed the Christmas decorations and activities.
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

We honeymooned in July 1993. Very hot!!! I would not recommend going the the "World" in July.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

How would the Mon-Wed leading up to Thanksgiving be?

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that Christmas time is extra special at WDW.
    Happy planning!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I honeymooned in mid-August 1990. It was very hot (my sneakers melted to the ground waiting to get into what is now Ellen's Energy Adventure, when there used to be a line outside) and a little crowded but not bad. The end of August is still very hot and slightly but not really badly crowded.

I think April when you can time it two weeks away from Easter is a good time. If within two weeks of Easter, more crowded. It's especially lovely now that they have the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot. Some of my best trips have been in April, but not during Easter vacations.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We spent our honeymoon in a beautiful 1BR in Congress Park at Saratoga Springs. We had a view of Downtown Disney across the water and it was spectacular.
    October is our favorite time to visit, because the weather is nice and we always look forward to the Halloween parties at the Magic Kingdom.
    This past October we did notice that the crowds had picked up substantially so it looks like the word's getting out that it's a great month to visit.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a few years, but we did the 2nd week in November and it was great. Got the Poly for $160/night ---- of course there were only two parks back then.......

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We honeymooned there in early Nov and have returned for several anniversaries. It's a great time because the weather is nice and the crowds are low. If you time it right, you will also catch the Christmas decorations.

That said, I would avoid the week of Thanksgiving. It gets very busy whenever schools are on break!

Happy planning!
    Disney obsessed since 1984

Post Thanks / Like

We honeymooned there at the end of April 2000 and it was very nice temperature wise. The crowds at the time didn't seem bad but after going at least once a year ever since we prefer the fall time frame which is less crowded. We did enjoy the Flower and Garden festival for a honeymoon though. Good luck and happy planning.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, no matter what time of year you go, you will have a great time. Because I was a regular school teacher at the time, we got married in May but waited until June to take our Honeymoon. We were there during sweltering heat and the lead up to peak summer season (FL schools still in session, but many northern schools had let out). Parks were a bit crowded and the heat was a bit much but we still had a wonderful time. We took things at a relaxed pace and made sure to book a few romantic dinners. We took mid day breaks and enjoyed the pool. Best part of the whole trip was when we got upgraded to the 2nd largest suite at Wilderness Lodge!

All that being said, of all of our trips, the first and second weeks in December were probably the least crowded, and seeing the parks during Christmastime is something everyone should try to do once. 2nd best time was early may, but that was way back in 2004. When we went during that same time in 2007 we already saw a marked increase in crowds.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We honeymooned in the middle/end of Sept 2006 and loved it. It was pretty warm, but I basically planned our wedding for September because it's value (and discount) time for WDW. Kids are just back in school, so I figured future anniversary trips would be cheaper and less crowded. We loved it, and the cast members made our time there extra magical.
    Beth aka Gretel - I blame the dolls.

Total trips: I've lost count!
    Resorts: POR, GF, Poly, CB, Pop
    Last trip - Jan 2014 Pop Century & POR; Dopey Challenge
    Next trip - Disneyland Aug, 2014 Half Marathon

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: