Quantcast Castaway Club room gift

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Castaway Club room gift

We just returned from our 4th Disney cruise and were very disappointed with the room gift. The first time we were a returning cruiser, we got a nice bag with a DCL key chain, 2 huge rice crispy treats. 2 travel cups.
    The 2nd time returning, we got a nice bookbag, with another DCL key chain, 2 chip and dale goldfish snacks.
    This time was a cheesy shoulder beach bag with a DCL dry erase board with marker. The handles broke after 10 minutes of use. Thankfully we asked our stateroom steward to replace which he did.
    I think they are REALLY cutting back on gifts for their repeat guests.
    Just my opinion. Anybody else have the same issue?
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear. This will be our first cruise as castaway club members. I was looking forward to the gifts after reading how nice they were. Thanks for the heads up. Now I won't be disappointed.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    We just returned from our 4th Disney cruise and were very disappointed with the room gift. The first time we were a returning cruiser, we got a nice bag with a DCL key chain, 2 huge rice crispy treats. 2 travel cups.
    The 2nd time returning, we got a nice bookbag, with another DCL key chain, 2 chip and dale goldfish snacks.
    This time was a cheesy shoulder beach bag with a DCL dry erase board with marker. The handles broke after 10 minutes of use. Thankfully we asked our stateroom steward to replace which he did.
    I think they are REALLY cutting back on gifts for their repeat guests.
    Just my opinion. Anybody else have the same issue?
    We got the same thing earlier this month on the Magic.
    We made the mistake of putting the dry erase board on our door...the marker got stolen the 1st day.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    We got the same thing earlier this month on the Magic.
    We made the mistake of putting the dry erase board on our door...the marker got stolen the 1st day.
    wow that stinks- we saw a lot of people had the dry erase boards on their doors, even people having fun with other cruisers by asking silly questions like-what was your fav meal, what character would u like to hang out with. saw a few of the markers on the floor. you should have asked the stateroom attendant for another.
    just another way of cutting back I guess
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me that Disney is not concerned with repeat visitors any longer and wants to attract the first time cruiser more. Same thing they are doing in the parks.
    I love the cruise and plan doing this instead of the parks. I wish the gift was better but I will still go.It should be a magic band waiting for you in your room, Pre booked with your excursions, meal preferences and a free drink credit!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Share This Thread On Social Media: