Quantcast Mickey's Backyard BBQ

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Backyard BBQ

I wanted to see if any of you have been to Mickey's Backyard BBQ recently and what your thoughts were. This is the only dinner showish event at WDW that we've not gone to and I think our 9 year old DD would enjoy it.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went in September and it was great. Food was nothing fancy but was good and hot. Entertainment was good, and kids seemed to have a lot of fun dancing with the performers.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you MargaretMessler! If it's like the HDDR and Spirt of Aloha then you're right the food would be just okay. As long as the kids enjoy the experience then I'm happy
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I think your 9 year old would enjoy it. We haven't been in some years as my kids are older now but they did love it. Food was good -- nothing special. It's worth going if you haven't been.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    I think your 9 year old would enjoy it. We haven't been in some years as my kids are older now but they did love it. Food was good -- nothing special. It's worth going if you haven't been.
    We love FWC, the final trip to WDW with my Dad before he passed we all took our campers & RV's and stayed there, we had a wonderful trip. I truly love that campground. So I know you are right and we will really enjoy the entertainment.
    Thanks Mydisneygirls!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a hint: If you can get in line early so you're one of the first to enter, get a seat right across from the stage area (closest to the stage). They pick a few children to participate in the show. The last time we were there, my daughter was chosen. They get a certificate and pictures!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a hint: If you can get in line early so you're one of the first to enter, get a seat right across from the stage area (closest to the stage). They pick a few children to participate in the show. The last time we were there, my daughter was chosen. They get a certificate and pictures!!!!
    That's a great tip! Thanks! We will be trying it too for the first time this coming August.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

You are a wealth of knowledge! We're doing the AK that day so we'll try to get over to MBYBBQ by no later than 5:45 as I think they start seating at 6:30.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

We did the Backyard BBQ in 2010, with the Disney version of planes, trains and automobiles. From The BC, a walk through EPCOT, 2 monorails to MK, and a very slow boat ride to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It took a VERY long time. We were late. I'm sure we could have done better with more thought but it took close to an hour..(6 mph boat ride with a 5 mph head wind....) We ended up off to the side. Character pictures were impossible..
    Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time...
    DW 51 DD24 DS 23 DS 9

Fort Wilderness Campgrounds 1980
    Polynesian resort (Honeymoon) 1982
    Off Site 1984
    Disney Villas, (by Pleasure Island) 1990
    Beach Club Resort 1995
    Beach Club Resort 1996
    Beach Club Resort 2007
    Beach Club Resort 11/26 – 12/4 2010

Post Thanks / Like

We've done it twice and it was an absolute blast! Our girls really enjoyed it. I agree with comments about the food, we enjoyed it. There's not the standard character photo op, but you can definitely get great shots of your kids dancing with the characters. We love those more than the ones where they just pose. And, I wouldn't worry too much about getting there early and grabbing a certain seat. There are three dance floors, the main one and two smaller ones. You'll be near one of them and the characters come to all of them. Also, when they do the performances on the main dance floor, they invite all the kids to come sit around it so they'll all have a good chance of getting picked, no matter where your seat is. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We've done it twice and it was an absolute blast! Our girls really enjoyed it. I agree with comments about the food, we enjoyed it. There's not the standard character photo op, but you can definitely get great shots of your kids dancing with the characters. We love those more than the ones where they just pose. And, I wouldn't worry too much about getting there early and grabbing a certain seat. There are three dance floors, the main one and two smaller ones. You'll be near one of them and the characters come to all of them. Also, when they do the performances on the main dance floor, they invite all the kids to come sit around it so they'll all have a good chance of getting picked, no matter where your seat is. Have fun!
    We've made our reservations! I'll give you our thoughts when we get back. I'm sure it will be a blast.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC