Quantcast Solo?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Solo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo?

Considering my first solo trip. Always have taken other people's kids but not an option this time. I want to go back so bad I can taste it. Need advice because I'm very nervous about it. Don't like eating out and doing stuff alone because I feel self conscious. Any advice or tips?
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

June 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music
    June 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done it and I'd do it again! Have you ever spent the day at the mall alone? It's kind of the same thing. There are so many people you will never really feel alone. Lines, buses, monorails...they are all good places to strike up a conversation with others. Eat CS or sit at a bar to eat. It's a lot of fun to be able to do what you want when you want.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Go to group dining places. Biergarten and Teppan Edo are places where you'll be seated alongside others. Eating at the bar is always a good option.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I would do it again in a heartbeat. It did feel weird eating alone at first, but I found the CMs to be very friendly and keep you talking. I never got any weird looks due to eating alone.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I did it last year and would jump at the chance to do it again!! NEVER felt alone! I ate both cs and ts. I had my kindle and cell with me in case I felt awkward sitting at a table by myself..never happened. I did notice that I was not the only one eating alone. There were a lot of solo's..I had just never noticed before!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

My solo trips my favorite places to eat are Kona and Beachs and Cream and any counter service. There are always people to talk to if you get lonely at the parks. Have a great time!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement that I won't look weird. Going to book my trip. Plan to upgrade for the 1st time. Although I can't decide between the Caribbean and Port Orleans Riverside. Want to all the stuff I can't do with kids along and rides I can't ride. My family will freak out because this is not how they think part of my settlement should be spent, but this year I've decided to put me first. Time to email Terrisue.
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you! I would absolutely do this!!! Have a WONderful time! Terrisue will take good care of you!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I frequently took solo vacations in WDW and always had a great time. Unfortunately, due to recent health problems, my solo trips are over. On doctor's orders, I can no longer travel alone; So now, I can only travel with family or friends.

I always enjoy trips with family and friends, but I really loved my solo trips. When you are solo, you can concentrate on what and when you want to do something.

I often had solo TS meals. I would add 50s Prime Time and Rainforest Café to the list of good solo dining spots. At 50s Prime Time, it is always fun to interact with the other diners as well as with your server; it's really like eating at home. At Rainforest Café, it's fun to talk to the people at the adjacent tables about your vacation and give each other other hints and suggestions.

CS locations are the best for solo dinning, especially if you enjoy people-watching. Free entertainment while enjoying your meal.

The same goes for the parks and the resorts. Some of the best conversations I've ever had in WDW were with people I didn't know. We were sitting next to either on a ride or at a show or just on a bench people-watching, or waiting for a parade to start.

Enjoy yourself. You'll have a great time.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KEYONNAH View Post
    My family will freak out because this is not how they think part of my settlement should be spent, but this year I've decided to put me first. Time to email Terrisue.
    Sounds like a good plan. It's your money. Do what is best for you.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll have a great time! I'm a single mom and over past few years DS has had high school friends there very often (band trip happens to coincide), so I've often become a solo traveller mid-trip. That's when I get to actually walk through the world showcase and see all the things I never stop to see; take the photos I rarely slow down to take, listen to Off Kilter for more than a nano second, and do that people watching others have mentioned. I've eaten solo and enjoyed the quiet time amidst the hustle and bustle. I've considered one of the behind the scenes tours, too, just, well - haven't had enough solo time for that just yet. For the upcoming trip, I'd love to get back to DTD and see the changes, and grab a delish lunch at the House of Blues. I still want to catch a silly movie outdoors at night! I've noticed quite a few solo diners at many of the hotel restaurants; I think the business and convention guests are more common than we may notice.

Go for it! You will be in good company!
    Coming Up !! BLT April 2014
    BCV - 4/12, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07, 4/04
    BLT - 4/11, 4/13
    YC - 4/10
    Pop - 4/05, 12/05
    And in between: WL, VWL, AKL, GF, BW, Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I booked my trip this week!!! Will be there June 6-14. Upgraded to a moderate resort Port Orleans Riverside. All dining reservations are made. Now to wait for the time to get here
    Stormi

2003 All star Sports
    2006 Pop Century

April 2011 Pop Century
    Aug 2012 All Star Music

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. You're going to love your solo trip!!

One of my favorite solo stays was at PO Riverside, when it was known as Dixie Landings. The theming is great and I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the resort. I stayed in the Alligator Bayou section and loved the rustic feel of my room. Riverside's food court is one of my favorite In WDW.

d
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be afraid to do a character meal by yourself, if you want to. I did Disneyland solo years ago and Goofy's nephew Max sat down across from me and we had an entire "conversation" in pantomime. It was really funny!

The best thing about being solo? You can act like a kid and not worry about embarrassing anyone. Have fun!
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: