Quantcast Different FP+ availability for different people?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Different FP+ availability for different people?

My sisters and I logged into the Disney app tonight to make some FP+ reservations for our trip later this week.

I logged in first. My choices for MK were awful: meet Rapunzel, meet Mickey, Magic Carpets, and Jungle Cruise. That's all I had to choose from!

So my sister logged in on her phone app.
    She had all kinds of options at MK for the same day! Space Mountain, pirates, haunted mansion... Pretty much anything we wanted we could get!

We thought maybe it was a fluke that she was given so many options to choose from and I was not.

So then we tried to schedule our DHS day. Same thing: I was only given 3 choices. Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast show, and the Comedy Warehouse.

She tried from her phone and we had all kinds of choices! RnR, ToT and Star Tours we chose.

What gives?!?! Why is she getting so many more choices on the same day as me??? We are staying in the same room at the Boardwalk together... So I don't understand why I wasn't given more than a couple crummy options for our group but she had tons!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    My sisters and I logged into the Disney app tonight to make some FP+ reservations for our trip later this week.

I logged in first. My choices for MK were awful: meet Rapunzel, meet Mickey, Magic Carpets, and Jungle Cruise. That's all I had to choose from!

So my sister logged in on her phone app.
    She had all kinds of options at MK for the same day! Space Mountain, pirates, haunted mansion... Pretty much anything we wanted we could get!

We thought maybe it was a fluke that she was given so many options to choose from and I was not.

So then we tried to schedule our DHS day. Same thing: I was only given 3 choices. Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast show, and the Comedy Warehouse.

She tried from her phone and we had all kinds of choices! RnR, ToT and Star Tours we chose.

What gives?!?! Why is she getting so many more choices on the same day as me??? We are staying in the same room at the Boardwalk together... So I don't understand why I wasn't given more than a couple crummy options for our group but she had tons!
    Just take whatever is offered.
    THEN, go back and make changes.

The website and FP+ system are, quite simply, awful.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really strange but as I posted earlier I had some weird things going on today with dining and FP+ for this weekend (ie: no restaurants located in Epcot). After quite a few tries I was able to get everything I was looking for. In your case it may have been the problem with site but not the mobile site since she was checking on her phone. Either that or they just like her better
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    Just take whatever is offered.
    THEN, go back and make changes.

The website and FP+ system are, quite simply, awful.
    Is it true that you can go back and change them? Also, can you select times for the FP?

For example, we may want to go to MK in the morning, and get a FP for Soaring at Epcot in the evening... is it possible to select a time as well as a ride?
    Can't wait to get back to the magic...

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup
    It sounds like you may have unintentionally selected (or by some error are getting) the option where the system selects three choices for you.

I don't recall the exact interface, but I remember at some point getting the option of choosing between a preselected set or choosing individual options.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donald-doc View Post
    Is it true that you can go back and change them? Also, can you select times for the FP?

For example, we may want to go to MK in the morning, and get a FP for Soaring at Epcot in the evening... is it possible to select a time as well as a ride?
    Yes, you can go back and change the ride selections and times. Remember though, all three FP+ must be in the same park. So if you were thinking of booking 3 in MK in the morning and later changing one to Soaring at Epcot, you could not do that.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

DW was trying to schedule some stuff for one of her clients today and was having the same issues. I think there may be a new glitch to add to the list.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sounds like this is whole FP+ is rolling out wonderfully . . . NOT!!

I am sooo not looking forward to when I have to do this for the next trip

Are you able to book more fastpasses when you use your three up? Or is all you get 3 per day period?
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    Sounds like this is whole FP+ is rolling out wonderfully . . . NOT!!

I am sooo not looking forward to when I have to do this for the next trip

1- Are you able to book more fastpasses when you use your three up?

2- Or is all you get 3 per day period?
    1- Nope.
    2- That's it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say it...
    I don't want to book a trip because I don't want to try to figure out the new fast pass system.
    Maybe we will try Disneyland for our nextDisney fix??!!??
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I have to say it...
    I don't want to book a trip because I don't want to try to figure out the new fast pass system.
    Maybe we will try Disneyland for our nextDisney fix??!!??
    Our thoughts exactly. We have been kicking around seeing Disneyland for a while now and the one good thing FP+ has done for us is push us into pulling the trigger. We are going to Disneyland for the first time this summer.

I just simply couldn't talk myself into dealing with the FP+ mess. Plus the fact that I don't want to plan my vacation at such a high grained level. We rarely eat in any table service restaurants anymore because I refuse to make reservations 6 months in advance and then work my day around dining. The last thing I want to do is schedule FP+'s months in advance and then have to work around them once I am there on vacation.

Disneyland is still the way a park should be from everything I have read. No scheduling and planning months in advace other than hotel reservations. You just show up and enjoy your vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised about the OP's experience after hearing from my brother trying to use the My Disney Experience app and website. It has been nothing but one big frustration for him for weeks -- just glitch after glitch. At this point I just hope their vacation goes smoothly later this month.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    It sounds like you may have unintentionally selected (or by some error are getting) the option where the system selects three choices for you.

I don't recall the exact interface, but I remember at some point getting the option of choosing between a preselected set or choosing individual options.
    Nope I definitely didn't select "fast picks" where it would choose them for me.

It was ridiculous. It would say "CHOOSE ONE FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST" and I would only have one or two choices! Not much of a choice!
    Then it would say "CHOOSE TWO FROM THIS LIST" and it would only have two or three selections.

I was worried it was because we were making our choices so soon to our trip (later this week) and that's why I wasn't getting any good options. But my sister had no problem getting multiple rides and time choices. So it was clearly a glitch!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

it sounds like the system needs a lot of work.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: