Quantcast MyMagic+ Rollout to be accelerated. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    . . . One thing that confused me about the app was that it really didn't know where I was. I wanted to see there here and now in the parks but it kept telling me that I was not in the parks, even though I was using Disney Wi-Fi and had the location on my phone turned on.
    That has been my biggest complaint with the app too. It happens to me all the time!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    On one side of the scale = SOME guest complaints and concerns

The complainers being loudest and most visible in certain locations does not necessarily mean that they are in the majority.

Time will tell.

best,

.................john
    My wife is a Disney travel agent and I'll have to admit that most of the folks she books like the program.

Now of course not all of them have anything to compare it to (because they're first-timers), but since that's the group Disney seems to care most about I guess they're getting what they aimed for.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Now of course not all of them have anything to compare it to (because they're first-timers), but since that's the group Disney seems to care most about I guess they're getting what they aimed for.

I find that so sad. And to be honest, beyond frustrating. But hey, whatcha gonna do? Well, I know what I'm going to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I find that so sad. And to be honest, beyond frustrating. But hey, whatcha gonna do? Well, I know what I'm going to do.
    ....wonder if they get enough feedback related to the FP+ being in only one park (not really lending itself to park hopping) ...if they would possibly modify it and do it like a restaurant menu:

One Park = 1 major ride + 2 minor

Two Parks = 1 major in one park + 1 major in park #2

or

Two Parks = 1 minor + 1 minor (over two parks)

....anything is possible if they are still tweaking or open to revisions.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    I've been reading reviews on other websites from folks who used the Magic Band and FP+ recently! and they are mostly positive. I would venture about 90% positive experiences.
    A coworker of mine visited the second week of December and the first thing she said to me when she got back was: "Jen, they have these amazing things, these bands...they're fabulous." She loved the FP+ and they didn't book their FP in advance, and she loved the ease of use of the magic bands.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

supposedly gonna let park hopping w it....but maybe only 3 total FP+. that was one of the things I didn't like on my trip. only being able to book 3 FP on a day. and the way they limited things
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am being naive, but why couldn't they allow 1 "E-ticket" in each park per day pre-planned and have unlimited on-site FP using kiosks or machines at each attraction?

This would allow for everyone to get one "major" attraction covered, allow for park hopping, and allow for more than 3 total FP per day.

They seem to be treating this whole this as "rocket science" when it really isn't. The old FP system worked pretty well (even if there were those who abused it).....The old system with the new technology could have been great!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Maybe I am being naive, but why couldn't they allow 1 "E-ticket" in each park per day pre-planned and have unlimited on-site FP using kiosks or machines at each attraction?

This would allow for everyone to get one "major" attraction covered, allow for park hopping, and allow for more than 3 total FP per day.

They seem to be treating this whole this as "rocket science" when it really isn't. The old FP system worked pretty well (even if there were those who abused it).....The old system with the new technology could have been great!
    .....from a "guest perspective" ...that makes a huge amount of sense. It allows for some "free will" choices to be made regarding where, when, how .....as part of a person's "touring style"

....but ....unless the "store owner" (WDW) wants to go that route ...and discard or modify the "crowd control" aspect of the system ...I don't know if that will happen.

....the basic premise of the system is to control where the guest is / will be ...as part of crowd management ....and of course ...income management by spacing out the attraction reservation times ...and having a guest spend in gift shoppes / food shoppes ...etc ...in the 'down time' between rides & attractions.

....that one "E-Ticket" ride / attraction per park would be the carrot-on-a-string to get the guest to the park(s) ....and the pot of gold would be that ride itself. Perhaps if there was that one "major attraction" per park ...then the allure of park-hopping remains intact?

....I'm not sure that they'd keep the "unlimited" ....aka 'Legacy" FP system alive ..because that gives the guest too much free-will ...and I don't think at this point WDW would want to relinquish that much control ....because then the crowd management aspect of the 'system' doesn't work.

....maybe one "E-Ticket" + 1 minor attraction per park, per day, could be that reasonable balancing point between owner's desire for control/profit ...and the guest satisfaction? Usually, in business, one variable takes care of the other ...meaning, a satisfied & happy customer (guest) ....will always work in favor of a business (WDW) being profitable.
    Last edited by JerseyDad; 01-06-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: terrible punctuation on my part!!
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ....the basic premise of the system is to control where the guest is / will be ...as part of crowd management ....and of course ...income management by spacing out the attraction reservation times ...and having a guest spend in gift shoppes / food shoppes ...etc ...in the 'down time' between rides & attractions.
    I still believe this is a fundamental flaw in the entire goal of this project. I believe that, by and large, the vast majority of guests have a budget they're going to stick to when they're on vacation. I truly see no logic in thinking they're magically going to spend more money just because they're not waiting in lines. They'll do what I do ... go on more rides.

This is why I always have and always will forecast an epic failure when it comes to the ROI on this program.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I still believe this is a fundamental flaw in the entire goal of this project. I believe that, by and large, the vast majority of guests have a budget they're going to stick to when they're on vacation. I truly see no logic in thinking they're magically going to spend more money just because they're not waiting in lines. They'll do what I do ... go on more rides.

This is why I always have and always will forecast an epic failure when it comes to the ROI on this program.
    I totally agree with you Ian. I am heading out of my door now. The money I have in my pocket is the money I am spending on this trip. No more. I am going to give the rest of this a fair shake to see how I like it. I am looking forward to trying out the bands and the FP+. Hopefully, no ride will get left behind.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back yesterday.
    I was there 12/27/13 to 1/3/14, the most crowded week of the year.

I made my FP+ in advance and before the tier rule.

If it wasn't for the old FP, we would have only seen 3 rides per day.
    Test Track and Soarin had a 4 hour wait, Toy Story Mania was 3 1/2. Space Mt, Splash Mt, BTMRR all were over 2 1/2 hours.

3 rides per day is ridiculous.

They have to get rid of tiers and limiting FP+ to one park per day.

No one in their right mind would ever get a park hopper again.

Also, we had a FP+ for Fantasmic.
    There isn't a reserved section for FP+ only those with dinning package. Dinning package had great seats in the center.
    We were told to sit anywhere.
    Don't waste a FP+ for Fantasmic.

Post Thanks / Like

I still believe this is a fundamental flaw in the entire goal of this project.
    How do you know this (what you are quoting above) is a goal of Disney Management's for the program?

best,

.............john

Post Thanks / Like

....funny you say that ...because that was our basic rule (mind the budget!) regarding our trip this past August. "

"We can't spend it if we don't have it, and if you don't need it ...then why buy it" ...because money for this trip was much tighter than in other prior vacations.

....other than food ...we "went light" on buying extraneous items ...a few gifts were purchased for friends for when we got home ...and actually, the snacks and other various "yummies" in the parks were pretty much passed over. (we didn't even get desserts with meals 90% of the time ....which was frugal ..and somewhat healthy ...I suppose).

...but ...in the 'doldrums' between going to the Haunted Mansion and PotC ...and then to Space Mountain and maybe Carousel of Progress ...I never found myself saying: "Hey ...we're bored and doing nothing ...let's go spend money"!!

....that kinda' makes me wonder too ....is the income that WDW makes from non-food item sales in the parks ..."down"?
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    This would be great! It would finally make the FP+ a real plus. I still don't like the idea of a no-FP ticket system, but this would be a vast improvement.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We're going in July & seriously considering not paying extra for park hopping. Why bother to do that - if your chances of getting on an attraction at the afternoon\night park are between slim and none?

This means we'll need to do Epcot in the morning - FP Soarin & wait on line for Test Track in order to do that in one day.....

Normally we go to parks in the morning, take a swim break in the afternoon & then go back out to a park at night. Usually we switch parks for variety - but now we'll just have to go back to the same park. Not that big of a hardship.....

Also - going in July - I can't wait to see how FP+ works with those tour groups. You get in their window & the fast pass becomes a slow pass very quickly.......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    How do you know this (what you are quoting above) is a goal of Disney Management's for the program?

best,

.............john
    Well to be fair, I don't. However, I can't come up with another way in which they could expect a 19% ROI on the program so I think it's a safe assumption.

Also, I do know that this was a goal for the original FP program. Given that it doesn't seem like too much of a leap.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from an eight day stay (four days in the parks) at Fort Wilderness and initially found the Fastplus+ to be somewhat of a hassle. There were difficulties in linking our tickets (which we purchased after our arrival through our daughter who is a cast member) to our room keys and magic bands (they gave us both).

There were also difficulties that arose out of the fact that both my wife, daughter and I each have our own "my Disney experience" accounts. There were also issues with getting the pre-scheduled fastpasses to show up on everyone's app.

As we tried to sort through the problems we were bounced from concierge to a help line to guest relations. No one seemed to be fully trained on the system (or that is what many of the CMs said to us) and the response to any problems was never "Oh, this is how to fix that" but "let me try this and see if it works."

In the end it took the better part of a half a day to get everything resolved. Frustrating.

However, once we got the issues worked out the system worked out well for us...especially given that for the time being you are still allowed to use the old card fastpass machines as well. We were there at what is essentially the busiest time of the year and were able to ride all the mainliners through a combination of fastplus+, early arrival, and paper fastpasses.

So with all that being said in the end I give our maiden voyage into the new system a C-.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Well everyone, I keep reading all your posts and I just can't help but think that if you continue to look on the dark side all you will see is the dark side.

Once the full roll out is complete and the legacy FP is gone I believe you will see shorter standby lines (with the exception being holiday crowds) and the whole thing will become something excellent.

I personally don't think it's some dastardly plan of Disney to make me spend more money in the stores...I spend plenty there already. Maybe they should just do away with FP all together?
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Well everyone, I keep reading all your posts and I just can't help but think that if you continue to look on the dark side all you will see is the dark side.

Once the full roll out is complete and the legacy FP is gone I believe you will see shorter standby lines (with the exception being holiday crowds) and the whole thing will become something excellent.

I personally don't think it's some dastardly plan of Disney to make me spend more money in the stores...I spend plenty there already. Maybe they should just do away with FP all together?
    To me, it's not a matter of looking on the dark side and only seeing dark side .... it's the simple fact that I am NOT in the mood to micro-manage and plan that much for my vacation. And, I am also NOT in the mood to stand in really long lines for things other than my three chosen rides a day, if I actually went to all the trouble to plan and micro-manage my vacation. Add to the fact that WDW has not really added anything new, great or must-sees/can't misses to the parks since the last time I visited ... I, the true Disney lover in our house, keep saying no when my kids suggest we plan another trip to Disney.

The only Disney trip I would consider right now is a dream trip to Disneyland.
    Last edited by MizMissy; 01-07-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: ooops

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    . . . .

I personally don't think it's some dastardly plan of Disney to make me spend more money in the stores...I spend plenty there already. Maybe they should just do away with FP all together?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    OK, maybe they aren't trying to get YOU to spend any more. But it is definitely their plan to get everyone else to spend more money in their stores. It's every business's plan to get its customers to spend more $$$.

You want fries with that? How about dessert?
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast