Quantcast Age for Kids in park without parents - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    Givens: that I'm blessed with two great, well behaved, smart kids and that DD10 will listen to DD15 (especially when she is going to get whatever she wants) Both have Phones, and are staying at GF for the week. And they (obviously) have to stay together...no single lines..
    Absolutely, given how you describe your DDs.

We let our two DS (ages 13 and 16 at the time) spend the day at DHS with their cousin (also 16) and they had no issues.

We were very specific about what they could do and couldn't do (take the bus to DHS and only DHS, when you are done, take the bus back to our hotel and only our hotel.) In addition to texting us when they got off the bus at DHS and then back on the bus when they were coming back to the resort, we also specified that when we communicated with them (via text) they were to respond within 30 minutes (we figured 30 minutes was enough time for them to get through an attraction if they happened to be on it when we texted)

We also let our two DS spend a couple of hours on their own at DL Paris a couple summers ago. We had very limited time and the attractions that DH and I wanted to see were different then the attractions the boys wanted to see. Once again, it worked out wonderfully.

The only thing I would advise is to make sure that your DDs have cash to cover any purchases you might approve of - even if they have charging privileges, if there are technical difficulties, it is easier have the cash on hand rather then try to deal with figuring it out.

Happy Anniversary!
    Have a Magical Day!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very comfortable with a 15 year old on their own, and with the 10 year old it would depend on how well she listens to her sister. From the sound of yours, they'll be fine. My 16 year old and 14 year old went out for the day on their own - and even park-hopped to check out different gift stores. One thing about safety that I thought of - assuming they are always in well travelled areas -is that it would be almost impossible to abduct a child who didn't go willingly. Can you imagine a girl screaming "help, you're not my father" in a crowd of 50,000 Disney parents ;-) And to the poster who reminded them not to be hooligans - absolutely, but I doubt a sibling pair is likely to present any problem. It is more school groups and teams and such, where you end up with a bunch of teens hanging out with their friends. Good sense is more likely to go out the window!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: