Quantcast My Experiences With My Disney FastPass+ Next-Gen Magic Experience - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    [*]The technology that supports it is just atrocious. This is one area where I'll be very pointed in my feedback ... the WiFi continues to be spotty at best (in Art of Animation it was essentially non-existant) and the app itself is klugy, unreliable, and buggy. In my estimation as someone who has worked in technology for over a decade and who builds app for a living Disney is a year or more away from having this program truly ready for prime time. And that's if they invest even more money in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The biggest issue by far is the complexity and lack of clarity around how the program works (and I mean the actual mechanics of using the app and navigating the program details) and also the significant technical limitations and challenges of their network and the app itself.

If they can sort that out and maybe tweak some of the items in the "cons" column I mentioned this may not be as bad as we all thought it would be.
    I think this is the biggest problem with this program. People will figure out how to maximize FP + just like they did when Fastpass was introduced. In fact, people in a thread in Vacation Planning have a few ways they are trying out on their trip. If they don't fix the technological issues, though, people will become frustrated.

Old age is creeping up on me; what kind of glitches were there when Fastpass was introduced?
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Well that is lame. I have a 2 1/2 (3 by our next trip) year old who can"t do the 44 or 48 inch rides. I like to FP those rides so she's not waiting forever for the other two kids to ride. So instead of a 15 minute turnaround, she and the remaining parent may have to wait up to an hour for this "big kid" rides. Fail, Disney. Epic fail.
    Have you considered "child swap"?

(Edit) Sorry I had only read your post Gator and didn't read the ones that followed until after I posted this. Usually I read everything before posting so sorry for jumping the gun.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

On the days that you didn't scan to get in did you have trouble with your fastpasses? When we went in November my husband didn't scan in successfully and they just let him thru. After that every time he tried to scan in for a fastpass it didn't work. Luckily I could pull up on my app but it was a pain!!!
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

Share This Thread On Social Media: