Quantcast old fast pass system

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default old fast pass system

We just received our my magic kit in the mail for our upcoming January vacation. Can we just not register for this and use the old fast pass system? I just hate the idea of having to choose in advance what park we will be in that day, and no fast pass for park hoping. Sorry if this has been covered already, I just couldn't find any posts. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the new Terms of Service on the My Disney Experience that came on on 12/6 (and yes, I actually took the time to read it). It states that if you link your ticket to a Magic Band you cannot use the old fast pass system.
    Updated as of: 12/06/2013

It is in the converting to paperless ticket section. It states that if your ticket has been converted to a rf device, ie magic band, that you are no longer able to use the old fastpass system. The paper ticket is no longer a valid ticket. It can no longer be used for admission to the parks either. I know that not all resorts have not converted to strictly the magic bands yet so I don't know if these qualify for this statement in their terms of service. All of the resorts except the values still use the old KTTW cards along with the magic bands.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come by and clarify this if I am wrong, but that is how I read this in their Terms.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

If you booked as a Room Only and buy your tickets somewhere else/or at Disney at check-in, would you have access to the old Fast-Pass system without the Not-so-MagicBands?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    If you booked as a Room Only and buy your tickets somewhere else/or at Disney at check-in, would you have access to the old Fast-Pass system without the Not-so-MagicBands?
    Possibly, but they would probably link your other tickets to your room. Here's the problem, though, folks, because of everyone now being on the FP+ most fastpasses for the popular rides are gone very early. By an hour or two into opening they're gone so as much as I hate it, if you don't use FP+ you're running the risk of not getting a FP.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just get the Magic Bands and not schedule your FP+ until the night before you go into whichever park you are going to the next day? At least you would be scheduled before you get to the park that day.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gratuspater View Post
    We just received our my magic kit in the mail for our upcoming January vacation. Can we just not register for this and use the old fast pass system? I just hate the idea of having to choose in advance what park we will be in that day, and no fast pass for park hoping. Sorry if this has been covered already, I just couldn't find any posts. Thanks!
    I would call guest services and ask them and tell them your concerns. There probably isn't really anything they can do but at least your dislike of FP+ would be noted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Why not just get the Magic Bands and not schedule your FP+ until the night before you go into whichever park you are going to the next day? At least you would be scheduled before you get to the park that day.
    Becasue the fastpasses for what you want might very well be gone. A gamble.

Use the current system to get everything you can out of it if you are going there..... but take the time to write a letter and let Disney know your opinions about the changes. Complaining on the forums will get seen..... but a direct paper letter STILl has more clout.

best,

.............john

Post Thanks / Like

Is Disneyland using this system or the old fast pass system? Any body know? I didn't see any thing in the Disneyland section. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyland is still using the original (old) system.

Post Thanks / Like

o.k. so I was just reading the book that came with the my magic box, and it says you can reserve parade and firework viewing areas? So how does this work, are they the spots that were already reserved for the dessert viewing areas? Thanks, this is way to complicated.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: