Quantcast PhotoPass+ is being replaced Dec 6th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PhotoPass+ is being replaced Dec 6th

Offering a range of photographic services linked with MyMagic+, 'Memory Maker' will launch at Walt Disney World this Friday December 6 2013.

The new NextGen Memory Maker package is another component of MyMagic+ which combines a number of photo services into one 100% digital product. Using the My Disney Experience app and website, photos taken my a PhotoPass photographer and linked via MagicBand, onsite attraction photos, and photos from other guests linked by My Disney Experience can all be accessed and downloaded from the day they were shot, and up to 45 days from that date. Uniquely with Memory Maker, you can download photos an unlimited number of times during your stay, and up to 45 days after they were shot. Previous digital PhotoPass products allowed only a single post-trip download.

You can purchase Memory Maker online or by phone with Disney Reservations prior to your trip. It can also be included as part of your package. Once at Walt Disney World, you can purchase from PhotoPass locations inside the parks and at Downtown Disney.

'Memory Maker' will be replacing PhotoPass+. Look for full details and pricing this Friday at the My Disney Experience site.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. I wonder what the cost will be?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Thanks for the information. I wonder what the cost will be?
    Yeah, I'd like to see the pricing. Seems like they would have already released the costs if it's going to begin this week.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

According to the article, pricing will be out Friday on the website. Rumor has it (and I do mean rumor, so take this with a grain of salt) that it may be more. If so, if you pre-purchased it, they probably will offer you the upgrade price or a refund if you decline it. I guess we will have to wait until Friday to get the details.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post
    According to the article, pricing will be out Friday on the website. Rumor has it (and I do mean rumor, so take this with a grain of salt) that it may be more. If so, if you pre-purchased it, they probably will offer you the upgrade price or a refund if you decline it. I guess we will have to wait until Friday to get the details.
    They should grandfather that.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree.

Post Thanks / Like

THIS is the reason for MagicBands. It'll expand along these lines.

best,

.............john

Post Thanks / Like

I pre-ordered photopass+ and will be arriving tomorrow, Dec. 6th. What will happen with that?
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can tell there is no longer a regular photo pass and photo pass +. It is now just Memory Maker and it costs $149.00 if you pre- purchase it. Also,
    Important Memory Maker – Advance Purchase Details
    Memory Maker Waiting Period

Your Memory Maker window will begin 3 days after the date Memory Maker is purchased. All photos taken outside of your Memory Maker window must be purchased separately.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand. If you don't prepay, you can't photos taken? You can't get buy just one or a few pics anymore?
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that is only for the pre-purchase. It is 149.00 if you pre-purchase before your trip and 199.00 if you purchase the option at the park. I guess it takes them three days to add the pre-purchase to your account. The disclaimer is only for the pre-purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post
    I believe that is only for the pre-purchase. It is 149.00 if you pre-purchase before your trip and 199.00 if you purchase the option at the park. I guess it takes them three days to add the pre-purchase to your account. The disclaimer is only for the pre-purchase.
    Cha Ching! Another reason to un-ashamedly ask the photo pass people to use our camera after they take their shot.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. If you don't prepay, you can't photos taken? You can't get buy just one or a few pics anymore?
    I don't think this has changed, you can still purchase single photos as you'd like.

What seems to have changed is that there is no longer a "+" and a regular version of a photopass package anymore. Just the "+" version is available with the MagicMaker.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Why should it take 3 days? They have to deliver it via pony express to their own internal systems?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Why should it take 3 days? They have to deliver it via pony express to their own internal systems?
    Seems crazy to me. You pre-order it from home and it takes 3 days but if you purchase it there,
    it's automatic? I guess they want to make sure you do not wait until the last minute to pre-purchase it the day you are about to walk out the door for your trip. I don't like they way they took the choice away between regular photo-pass and photo-pass +. Disney is taking away a lot of options and saying this way or the highway. Well it is the highway for this particular option for us.

Post Thanks / Like

This is basically the same thing as Photopass +. The only thing I can find that is different is the fact that they went to unlimited digital downloads for 45 days after the picture is taken, and took away the CD hard copy. The problem I see with this is God forbid your computer breaks or gets a virus that wipes out your hard drive after your 45 days are up, you are SOL. There will be no way to recover these pictures. I personally prefer to have a hard copy which can be put away in a safe place in case of these kinds of problems. I know someone is going to say that you should backup your computer. Which is true, but lets be honest how many people don't.

Post Thanks / Like

You could burn your own CD of the photos, which is likely less expensive than the service Disney was providing. Either way, this probably turns out costing the customer more and getting less in return (standard operating procedure).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    You could burn your own CD of the photos, which is likely less expensive than the service Disney was providing. Either way, this probably turns out costing the customer more and getting less in return (standard operating procedure).
    They used to do the CDs for the same price as the new system. So it would be more expensive to burn the CD yourself now. I would rather wait for them to deliver CDs and have a hard copy. Then to be able to have them immediately and risk losing them. I just think they should give you a choice instead of forcing the digital downloads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    They used to do the CDs for the same price as the new system. So it would be more expensive to burn the CD yourself now. I would rather wait for them to deliver CDs and have a hard copy. Then to be able to have them immediately and risk losing them. I just think they should give you a choice instead of forcing the digital downloads.
    You can get CD-Rs for as low as 15 cents a disc. It's a shame they are dropping that, while not reducing the price at all, but that is going to be a tiny expense.

Having said that, this is more of the same from Disney. Making things easier/cheaper for themselves while passing the burden to the customer is the new mission, which is not what excellent customer service-driven organizations do.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered My Memory + on the 6th. The CD is included in the price. This is the first time I have pre-purchased the photo service, but since it will be the first trip with our SIL we want the pictures to have all of us. I think the ride pictures alone will be worth the cost.

The 3 day waiting period is only if you pre-purchase, you can purchase at the parks for immediate access, but it will cost you $50 more.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: