Quantcast Gift Cards and Magicbands

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gift Cards and Magicbands

I have a bunch of gift cards for our trip. Plus everyone in my family seems to be giving them to us for Christmas. I am wondering if it is possible to link the gift cards with our Magic Bands? Didn't know if anyone has ever tried to do this. I would assume you can't. But I don't know for sure.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of such an application at this point.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how many you have, rather than leave a credit card when you check in you could leave some of the gift cards. Then you could use the magic band and just charge it to the room.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I always charge everthing to my room, and then the night before I check out go to the front desk and have them apply the gift cards to the bill.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    I always charge everthing to my room, and then the night before I check out go to the front desk and have them apply the gift cards to the bill.
    Just curious, as we are about to leave, and I have alot of gift cards as well. Do you originally leave your credit card for charging to the room when you check-in, then before you check out go and give them the gift cards to cover everything? I've never charged to the room before at Disney, so just curious. Thanks!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    Just curious, as we are about to leave, and I have alot of gift cards as well. Do you originally leave your credit card for charging to the room when you check-in, then before you check out go and give them the gift cards to cover everything? I've never charged to the room before at Disney, so just curious. Thanks!
    That's exactly what I did at Aulani - it would work the same way at Disney World.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Just a word of caution, ask the front desk at what amount they submit the charge. I know at some of the resorts when you reach $500 they automatically put it through. For some it's $1000 or $1500. Once they charge your credit card they will not reverse it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty positive it 500 at values. I always have gift cards and some cash with me so we dont really use it. We have only charged to our room for one trip and I went way over budget so we don't normally charge. Oh well like they say if it aint broke dont fix it...I guess Disney can learn a thing or two from that saying!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

You can leave a credit card at the resort when checking in, but I also think that you can apply the gift cards right to your room as well.

You could add some, spend those, and then add some more (thereby reducing the risk of having your credit card charged when you don't want it).

It is easy to get a current "bill" from the front desk, but I wish there was a way to get it online, on the TV etc. (like at some other resorts). Oh well.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    You can leave a credit card at the resort when checking in, but I also think that you can apply the gift cards right to your room as well.

You could add some, spend those, and then add some more (thereby reducing the risk of having your credit card charged when you don't want it).

It is easy to get a current "bill" from the front desk, but I wish there was a way to get it online, on the TV etc. (like at some other resorts). Oh well.
    This is a great idea!

I am happy that folks shared their experiences on this thread. I think I will take Disney Cards on my next trip in March so I don't have to charge to my Debit/Credit card.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Side note on gift cards. I usually hand most in at the front desk and they are used before the CC. However, the clerk warned me that once in their system they are not "refundable" so I only give them the amount sure to be used. I end up back at desk a few times, but that is fine.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of gift cards, Sam's Club had $150 in gift cards for $142. It's not a huge discount, but if the cards are going to pay off pieces of a vacation, it could mean a few extra Mickey bars for everyone!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

We also bring along quite a few gift cards. It's nice to not bring alot of cash on our trip.

We also keep an eye on what we are charging to the room and then go clear our balance every so often. Just nice to leave the cards in the room and just take them to the front desk.

Make sure you clear the balance the night before you are scheduled to leave.. They hit your card before the am so they can get the checkout info on your door early.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: