Quantcast Has anyone been to 1900 Park Fare lately?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone been to 1900 Park Fare lately?

I was wondering if anyone has been since the menu changed and could report. This was our favorite meal May 2012 but I am not sure about the changes. Some of the items seem questionable for my family.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went on our trip this past August. This was always our favorite buffet. We were sooooooo disappointed with the changes and we won't be going back any time soon. Where they use to have the meat carving station, there is now a seafood "basket" with crab legs (which weren't very good), a mussel, a couple pieces of shrimp (as in cocktail) and an ear of corn. The only thing I ate was the shrimp. For the life of me, I didn't get why they have this now!!!!! Also, they cut way back of selections at the salad bar and for the kids selection, the chicken nuggets were replaced with chicken legs (you have to look close to see the meat on them). Why they took away nuggests that all children eat and replaced with legs????????? Boggles the mind. They still had mac n cheese, but the broccolli was replaced with string beans.

As I said, very disappointed with the food BUT the character entertainment was just as fun!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last month for breakfast and it was not impressive.

Which meal were thinking of?
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan A View Post
    We were there last month for breakfast and it was not impressive.

Which meal were thinking of?
    ....we were there in August ....and I'd have to completely agree with you. One of my favorite breakfast items ...the Lobster Benedict ....had ZERO lobster meat ...anywhere!! It was like they opened a can of Lobster Bisque ...and poured it over the top of the eggs. The smoked salmon left a lot to be desired too. I was NOT happy in the least ....and that was an ADR we booked EVERY trip for the past 10 years.

.....the way I see it is like this: We know the ADR's are already over-priced ...it's WDW ...and it's a given. But if you are going to tell me that expenses have risen ...so you had to cut back on quality ....why bother. If making the meal $5 bucks / person more, will savage the quality ...then do it ...no one will [complain] about a $5 boost ....IF they are getting the same quality that they are used to.

....I saw downward spirals in quality and food quantity at all the ADR restaurants we dined at ...and it was a real bummer.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no this is what I was scared of. We were eating dinner here New Years Day. Any other suggestions? I was concidering the Wave but a coworker got back and said it wasnt worth the money.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: