Quantcast Rollout delayed till?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rollout delayed till?

According to Orlando Sentinal article this month, it looks like FP+ final rollout may be delayed indefinitely? Did they realize there is a serious problem? Hoping it is delayed. Also, looking at other posts is it now the case that you cannot use the regular FP kiosks if you are using FP+?
    10/89 honeymoon off-site
    11/93 off-site last trip pre-child
    12/01 ASMovies first trip for kids
    10/04 POFQ
    02/09 Pop and first cruise on Wonder
    03/10 POFQ trip to see CFHS Tiger Band!
    03/14 VWL to see DD2 and the CFHS Tiger Band!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope so. Im not one who gets in a fit over change, but this has really upset me. We love Disney and go once a year at least, but were actually prepared to stop going. I refuse to plan what ride Im gonna ride 2 months in advance. And now that we can only go in summer, fast passes were gonna be what made the heat tolerable.
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like FP+ from the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

Saying they are delaying the rollout doesn't seem to be really accurate. Pieces have already rolled out - call it "testing" or whatever you like, the system is not what it used to be and there is no current indication this will change. Folks are still being required to use the new fastpass + system and new limitations have been placed on the availability at fastpasses in at least 2 of the parks. They have discontinued providing folks with cards that can be used in the old fastpass system in at least one resort.

It sounds like it would be more accurate to say they have delayed full implementation of the new system.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Are Bands and FP+ still being given to guest just coming into the window? Seems things will stay the same for on site guests and they are trying to figure out how to handle the off site guests.
    I saw a statistic that historically the average guest only used 1.5 FP a day. Now they basically force you to make three choices per day whether you use them or not. If the statistic is accurate, choosing three FP+ a day really overloads the historic pattern and impacts what FPs are available to off site day guests. Does that make sense?

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

historically the average guest was probably using 1.5 a day. However there were people getting 5-6 a day, so to get that average, i think the idea is that the super-users were preventing those not "in the know" from really utilizing the system.

As an example:
    Been to disney 10 times--rides everything christmas week--twice. Eats at BOG and CRT.

First time family--overwhelmed. Rides Small world, carousel of progress. Waits 2 hours for Dumbo. 2 Hours for Peter Pan. Can't find any place to eat. Hates Disney. Doesn't get what the hype was about.

I think the IDEA behind MyMagic+ is that first time guests will experience a more guided experience, while super-users may have to wait 20 minutes to ride.

It obviously isn't turning out this way, so we stay in testing mode. I think its totally acceptable to wait 15-30 minutes for most attractions. That seems realistic. I'd prefer to walk right on to everything, but so would everyone else. I mean, it is a theme park, with attractions. even at the county fair you have to wait sometimes (and can spend as much as you do at disney it feels like).

maybe soarin' will get that 3rd screen, and people will want to visit the imagination pavilion with its new sponsorship. Maybe we'll see things speed things up with avatar and star wars to make up for this mess.

Regardless, as a super-user, i've seen it all before. So, if I have to "stop and smell the roses" or be more creative with my family in lines, I'll adjust. Mainly because Disney for my family is about more than just the rides.

See you at Rope Drop!!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know about that 1 to 1 1/2 FP per day thing; we tend to use 5 to 6 per day and I don't think that's out of the norm. However, there are a lot of people who will be happy with a chance to FP+ the parades etc for a good seat.

No matter how many the limit you to, or what rides they limit, we still can go Stand By! Maybe if they limit the FP to each ride we won't have to wait in Stand By so long?
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bshaw96 View Post
    I sure hope so. Im not one who gets in a fit over change, but this has really upset me. We love Disney and go once a year at least, but were actually prepared to stop going. I refuse to plan what ride Im gonna ride 2 months in advance. And now that we can only go in summer, fast passes were gonna be what made the heat tolerable.
    ....I'm in total agreement with you. We were "late bloomers" with regards to visiting WDW ...only starting in 2004 ...when I was 43 yrs old. But I immediately fell in love with the place and we made a point of going once a year ever since then. In doing so ...we got to see A LOT of change ...with the biggest hit being this year where we got to be the "testers" for the MB's and FP+ in August. It was "easy" for my wife to 'set-up' the FP+ ride appointments ...maybe because the web-site traffic wasn't what it is today.

....but when we finally got to WDW ...we realized just how much of a pain in the butt it was to have your day SO pre-planned out before you. Let me say that we DO have an agenda when going to WDW ...but it really revolves around getting to each of the parks a few times ...and accommodates the 3 or 4 ADR's we make. But ...other than the ADR's ...all of the remainder of our trip is subject to change ...meaning ...if we're having a great time at Epcot in the AM ...and planned to be at MK in the PM ...with 3 FP+ reservations waiting ...we're likely to blow off the MK in a split-second just to stay where we are having a good time. And ...we did that a few times ...not going to the FP+ rides because we were enjoying ourselves so much at the moment.

...now ...that said ...maybe we're different because we've been to WDW 11 times in 10 years ..and have 'seen it all' . Whereas a first time visit might want to be "that regimented" in order to see 'everything". However it's difficult for me to see how someone could do that with maybe a 4 or 5 day WDW trip when they ration the # of attractions with the FP+ system.

...whew!! With all that said ...WDW is NOT on our agenda for 2014 ...at all ...in any capacity. It feels strange to feel like that ...but this past trip really got us bent out of shape ...between the whole FP+ / MB stuff ....and related deterioration in the attitudes of the CM's and resort operations ....I just don't have the desire.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem is that they can't go to full implementation until they've worked out the kinks in testing, and right now in testing it's a mess. I hope they fix it all fast, because lots of visitors are having less than ideal vacations in the meantime, apparently.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We booked a three night stay over New Years yesterday and we're still able to get the Magic Bands. It says we can make Fast Pass+ reservations as of January 1, which oddly is the day we check in.

Honestly, I don't even care at this point. My ten year old just wanted the wristband. Anything else to him will be icing on the cake!

We have APs so we have been on the rides enough times that if we miss something, it'll be okay. I personally don't like to do plan my days out in advance. We pick parks based on weather most of the time.

If they are pulling the Fast Pass feature, I'm 100% good with that. Or, if they can just scan the bands in lieu of the paper FP tickets, that (to me) would be the best use of the tech. Just because you can do it technologically doesn't mean you should!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I think the problem is that they can't go to full implementation until they've worked out the kinks in testing, and right now in testing it's a mess. I hope they fix it all fast, because lots of visitors are having less than ideal vacations in the meantime, apparently.
    That is what I thought when I read the article too Sherri. They can't roll it out to people outside the resort until it really works for people inside the resort. It will be interesting to see what happens when they stop giving keys at all the resorts and not just POP. One thing that has caused a huge problem is guests being able to use fast pass plus use their keys to pull regular fast passes.

For people like me I don't think it really matters. The more we go, the more we tour differently and there is always another time.

I hope they figure it out soon because I agree with you, it would be horrible to have your one big trip to Disney ruined.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for them to fix the "kink" that you can get FP+ at more than one park per day. I remember them saying that eventually you'd be able to do that, but I don't see any steps in that direction.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that we 'veterans' of the parks were getting 6-8 or more fastpasses a day.
    And 'newbies' weren't getting any.
    How many times have you used a FP and gotten dirty looks or comments from guests in standby, who didn't realize that they were also entitled to FP.
    The newbies outnumber the veterans, bringing the average to 1.5 FP/person.
    I think FP+ is meant to level the playing field. To give everyone 3.
    However, it isn't working out well for anyone. Too many more rules were implemented along with it. The extreme preplanning, the one park limit, long lines, confusion, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post

As an example:
    Been to disney 10 times--rides everything christmas week--twice. Eats at BOG and CRT.

First time family--overwhelmed. Rides Small world, carousel of progress. Waits 2 hours for Dumbo. 2 Hours for Peter Pan. Can't find any place to eat. Hates Disney. Doesn't get what the hype was about.

I think the IDEA behind MyMagic+ is that first time guests will experience a more guided experience, while super-users may have to wait 20 minutes to ride.
    I think this is well said and the primary explanation behind fast pass +. I think many veterans forget what its like to be new to the park and overwhelmed. We have friends going for the first time in April. They have two young children.

I hesitantly explained fast pass plus because I wasn't sure what they'd think. Mom thought it was great that she knew without worry that she could sleep in and still get her kids on Peter Pan, Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh without worrying about getting her 4 and 5 year olds to rope drop. They are doing Disney as I imagine many first timers do, 4 days, 4 day non hopper tickets. Picking to do MK the first day and AK the next didn't feel like major planning to them.

I've been doing disney for 26 years. We know the parks well enough to do them with or without fast pass, but every trip I feel bad for overwhelmed, undereducated families who don't know the ins and outs. If this helps more families make the most of their once in a lifetime trip, I'm all for it.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post

For people like me I don't think it really matters. The more we go, the more we tour differently and there is always another time.

I hope they figure it out soon because I agree with you, it would be horrible to have your one big trip to Disney ruined.

This is my opinion in a nut shell. We were there in October and did not have a great experience with FP+. But we chalked it up to the test phase, did as much as we could to help the CM's fix it, then moved on to enjoy our trip. Knowing there was a next time, made that easy for us. There are so many newbies that have no idea the 'system' like us seasoned addicts. I sincerely hope they see all the magic Disney offers and Disney gets this fixed sooner than later for those folks.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: