Quantcast Magic Bands

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Magic Bands

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Bands

Just booked at trip for March

Question about the Magic Bands, how secure are they, meaning will it be easy for the band to slip off my 9 yr olds wrist? What happens if we lose a band. Do you take them off to swim or bathe or at the water parks, or do they just stay on the whole time you are there?

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DDawg1968 View Post

Question about the Magic Bands, how secure are they, meaning will it be easy for the band to slip off my 9 yr olds wrist? What happens if we lose a band. Do you take them off to swim or bathe or at the water parks, or do they just stay on the whole time you are there?

Thanks
    Well I am looking at mine right now as I just got it delivered by UPS. It looks like it is water proof but the instructions do not say one way or the other about getting it wet.

I think that once it is on unless it gets caught on stuff it should stay on. There are instructions in the bottom of the box that shows you how to size it.

I would think that someone who has already used them can comment about the water and how well they stay on.

Hope this helps...

29 days and counting till next trip..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default magic bands

How do you link more than one dining reservation? I could only get one of mine linked up.
    first trip 1976
    27 trips since and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the reservation number for each you should be able to do it that way.

If you log into My Disney Experience and go to reservations it should show your room reservations and a place where you can enter your dining reservations. You will need the confirmation number for each and the last name that they were made under. This should link them for you.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band

The Magic Bands are water proof. You can swim, bathe, ride water rides, etc with them. It is great because you don't have to take your KTW card with you to the pool.

They stay on really well, unless you child plays with it, it should stay on. There is a way to make it smaller, but make sure that the smaller size will fit because you can't go back to a big size. You peel the gray part off and it makes it smaller.

We didn't lose any of ours, but if you do they can cancel it and issue a new one based off your DisneyExperience ap.

Enjoy, wish we were back there now.

Post Thanks / Like

first - congrats on your next trip.
    second - the bands are great. I enjoyed being able to swim and not have to worry where my key cad is.
    my daughter is 11. no issues when it was on her wrist.
    you can take them off easily and carry them in a pocket if you choose.
    You can allow the band to be able to charge items to your room, but you do not have to...
    You will need it to enter the parks and to get into your fast pass + times.

Do not forget to customize your bands ( I forget how far out you can do that).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DDawg1968 View Post

Thanks
    I wouldn't worry about them slipping off your 9 year old's arm... They are adjustable, and will fit most any wrist...

If you lose your band, you go to Guest Services and they should replace it for you, for free... The second time you lose it, I believe you may have to pay... Unless they haven't implemented that just yet (if ever)...

The bands are water proof so you can swim with them, or shower with them.. No, you do not have to keep them on the entire time...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: