Quantcast Maleficent - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maleficent

Post Thanks / Like

We plan to go on Sunday, even though the reviews are middling. One thing that seems to be consistent, though, is that Angelina Jolie delivers a great performance. I will check back in after we see it!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I saw the movie this morning. Based on the reviews, I had low expectations going in. We both liked it! Quite a different twist on the tale. GO and see it!!
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing it tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

4 of us saw it. 3 of us really liked it (the girls) and one liked it but thought it was a bit "weird." That would be DH. Here's the thing (gonna get a tint bit spoilerish here):

Yes, it's revisionist. Yes, it gives a classic baddie- perhaps the baddest/most infamous of all the Disney villains- a softer side. To some, this is seen as heresy/ridiculous. But for me, I enjoyed it. It was entertainment. It doesn't change anything about the original Sleeping Beauty, just like Wicked didn't change the original Oz stories. It's a "what-if" take from a different perspective. When I taught social studies in middle and high school, I'd take time in my first day to read the storybook "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" which featured the wolf's perspective. I think stories and movies like this are fun!

Angelina Jolie was perfect and I'm not even normally a fan of hers. Elle Fanning was fine, nothing really special. It wasn't a perfect movie all around, but I enjoyed it. It was eons better than the Mirror Mirror sludge. Next we have to see how they do with Cinderella. I must say I never pictured her in 6 inch heel.

PS there was a trailer for Big Hero 6 about which I know nothing. The trailer doesn't really give insight into the movie plot but it was FUNNY. High hopes for that one.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooh, I liked it! And was not Vivienne Jolie-Pitt adorable? 'UP!' So sweet.

Loved the fairies, loved Diaval, and hated Stephan. But I guess that's how it was supposed to be. lol

Oh, and Maryanne, my friend and I were laughing out loud at that Big Hero 6 trailer, and thought the Cinderella one was beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oooooh, I liked it! And was not Vivienne Jolie-Pitt adorable? 'UP!' So sweet.

Loved the fairies, loved Diaval, and hated Stephan. But I guess that's how it was supposed to be. lol

Oh, and Maryanne, my friend and I were laughing out loud at that Big Hero 6 trailer, and thought the Cinderella one was beautiful.
    Did not even know that was their baby! She was so cute. I turned to my husband after the movie and said WOW Stephan was a real (insert non-Intercot friendly word here). Definitely a someone to hate!
    I thought the idea behind the Cinderella teaser was fabulous, but I did think the heel was preetttyyy high and chunky. I was looking up some info on the film and noticed the image of the shoe in the movie poster they are currently using is a bit more "dainty" if you will. It's a really nit picky thing in the end.

EricJ thank you for the info on Big Hero 6. I did not know it was another extension of the Marvel universe. Now I really have high hopes for it!

ETA: Not to take this totally off track, but Mel, in my search I discovered that Daisy from Downton Abbey is playing Drizella in the live action Cinderella! And Rose of all people is Cinderella.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did not even know that was their baby! She was so cute. I turned to my husband after the movie and said WOW Stephan was a real (insert non-Intercot friendly word here). Definitely a someone to hate!
    Yeah, the story is she's the only kid they could find who wasn't horrified of Jolie in her costume. Makes for a good story anyway.

The guy playing Stephan made me laugh out loud a few times. His acting was pretty weak for me.

Awww man, wish I hadn't looked at the Cinderella cast! lol I hate Helena Bonham Carter. I had to check and make sure Tim Burton wasn't directing, so thank goodness it's Kenneth Branaugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Awww man, wish I hadn't looked at the Cinderella cast! lol I hate Helena Bonham Carter. I had to check and make sure Tim Burton wasn't directing, so thank goodness it's Kenneth Branaugh.
    Interesting. I like HBC, but I kind of imagine that she can be volatile (which is probably completely unfair) and she has some heavy history with Kenneth Branagh. i guess it ended well enough that they can still work together.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home from seeing "Maleficent", and I really enjoyed it. There were 6 of us and we all enjoyed this take on the classic fairy tale. Also not a huge Angelina fan, but I thought she did an amazing job portraying her character.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Just got home from seeing "Maleficent", and I really enjoyed it. There were 6 of us and we all enjoyed this take on the classic fairy tale. Also not a huge Angelina fan, but I thought she did an amazing job portraying her character.
    Not a big Angelina fan either but she was great and her daughter is adorable. Have seen the movie twice- I really enjoyed it.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Not a big Angelina fan either but she was great and her daughter is adorable. Have seen the movie twice- I really enjoyed it.
    Yes, her daughter was absolutely adorable.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

The guy playing Stephan made me laugh out loud a few times. His acting was pretty weak for me.
    Oh my gosh! I thought it was just me. His voice was so annoying, as was the way he pronounced certain words. I thought he was pretty awful.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! I thought it was just me. His voice was so annoying, as was the way he pronounced certain words. I thought he was pretty awful.
    Yes, he was certainly the weak point in the movie. Is he a terrible actor or was the part he played just written and directed poorly? I didn't like him as a youth or adult, so I am wondering if it was the directors fault.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Particularly "Maleficent". LOL When he went back to the Moors after he'd 'grown up' and was calling around for her "Maleficent..Maleficent", oh...cringe-worthy!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Particularly "Maleficent". LOL When he went back to the Moors after he'd 'grown up' and was calling around for her "Maleficent..Maleficent", oh...cringe-worthy!
    Hahaha! That was the exact part that he bothered me the most!

And I agree, I did not like him as a boy or a grown man, so perhaps it was just the part.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY got to go see this movie! Loved it! Not an Angelina fan previously, but she did a fabulous job! The comments about Stefan's voice cracked me up, cause I noticed, too, and thought the same. What a change in his character! I was a bit disturbed by that at first. Visuals were aMAZing, and I would see it again just for that. One pretty much has to toss out the original plot and be OK with doing that, lol. "Let It Go!"
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Went to see this last night at the "cheap seats" theater. Have to say, I'm not a movie watcher, but really enjoyed this one.
    Jodie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: