Quantcast New to Military Benefits

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Military Benefits

Hello.

My boyfriend is leaving in early 2014 to begin his Navy career. To keep positive and optimistic during this process I, naturally, distract myself with Disney. And by distract, I mean I enjoy planning potential trips for the future even though I know it will all be up in the air once he leaves. I have a few questions for those who are part of a military family.

1. Have you and your family had any magical experiences at Disney due to your military involvement?
    2. Besides SoG, are discounts offered at other Disney hotels year-round? (Ex: if we wanted to stay at the Beach Club)
    3. I know this is dorky, but are there any Disney pins for the military (similar to the free birthday buttons) or specific Disney military merchandise at the parks?

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all a big thanks to your boyfriend for his service!!!

1. We have not had and special moments in Disney because of DH's military involvement. Not that there would really be any way of anyone knowing other than the hotel CMs when we check in. DH doesn't usually wear clothing with military references so really no one would know he is military during our trips.

2. Since back in 2009 ( I think) there has been a "Military Salute" promotion going on at WDW, and DL. Basically you get a percentage off resorts: 30% off values, 35% off moderates, and 40% off deluxe. There are some black out dates. This promotion usually runs from Oct. -Oct. and is announced shortly before each new promotion begins. There is also a ticket portion to this promotion. I think the tickets are around $160 now, not sure of exact price at this moment. The ticket is either a 4 day hopper or a 4 day with water parks and more, or you can have a 4 day with both hopper and WP&M for an upcharge.

3. I don't know of any special military pins or buttons.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

my friend is retired and he got some discounts, rooms at SOG for a good rate, basically a deluxe at a mod price. also tickets at both DL and WDW for a good price. They have a ticket office at SOG to pick them up then trade in the voucher at the parks .
    Once got a good rate at WL concierge with it..
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

As previous poster mentioned, there is a great discount offered called the Armed Forces Salute. It runs from the end of September each year to the following September (for example, the current Salute offer is for visits from 9/27/13 through 9/27/14). It may or may not be renewed beyond that (probably will for at least the next few years).

This is probably one of the best ticket discounts available, although in my experience the room rates offered with it are not as good as what you can get at SoG, depending on your pay grade.

Current ticket prices on the Armed Forces Salute are:
    WDW
    •Four-Day Tickets for $169.00 (option to add Hopper and Water Parks is available)
    •Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $198.00

DL
    •Three-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $129.00

Also, if you can have your boyfriend buy the tickets on base instead of waiting to buy them at the parks you will not have to pay tax on them. He will be able to buy as many as six tickets, although be aware that all six tickets must be used in his presence (and they WILL check his ID at the turnstile). We've never had any trouble getting these last-minute, although we usually get the ones for DL which the ticket office prints out. I was told last year that for the WDW tickets it takes them a few weeks to come in.

Welcome to the life of a Military partner! Good luck to him and to you!
    Next trip: WDW - 5th wedding anniversary - Nov. 2014 (Hopefully as DVC owners!!)
    Last trip: DL - Oct 2013 (Offsite)

Post Thanks / Like

You can book a military discount room with Disney and add a dinning plan too. You then buy your tickets from military. Did this on last trip and it as great. Did the Disney hotel. Next year going back to SOG. Really do love this resort. Even if you stay at another hotel you can purchase Disney merchandise at the BX and pay no tax. I have found many of the same items less expensive there. Welcome to the military family.
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImagiAsh View Post
    Hello.
    3. I know this is dorky, but are there any Disney pins for the military (similar to the free birthday buttons) or specific Disney military merchandise at the parks?

I have not seen any of the free pins involving military.. there are military pins that you can purchase tho not many... I remember seeing mickey with a man in fatigues and i personally own a jessica rabbit pin thats kind of a pin up look it says salute and her arm moves. thats all i remember
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the replies. Very helpful!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: