Quantcast Princess Peyton's 3rd Trip to WDW Pt. 1 Pre Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princess Peyton's 3rd Trip to WDW Pt. 1 Pre Trip

Cast:
    Me
    DW-Michelle
    DD-Peyton
    DFIL-Ed
    DMIL-Wendy

Supporting Cast:
    DB-Bret
    DBGF-Morgan

Date:
    11/02/13-11/0913

Resort:
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

I've been reading the trip reports for the past 10 years and they've always helped those long breaks in between Disney Vacations.

A little background this trip:
    As you can see in my signature we try to go down yearly. My DD is 3 and is just as crazy about Disney as her parents. I recently made a major career change, and pretty much started over. I made the move to be with my family more, and do not have one regret. Michelle's parents always chided us for going to only Disney, but we always have a great time and there is such a variety of things to do there. With the change in jobs last year, we were unable to make it down. Michelle's parents recently bought into a timeshare in HHawaii and mentioned they really wanted to take us down to Disney for a week. I think they see the excitement in Peyton whenever Disney is brought up, and I think they're going to "get it" after this trip. Our planning started in April of this year and took off from there.

Bret and Morgan also go down yearly and we just haven't been able to make it work to go at the same time. Bret is my youngest Brother. They arrive Thursday and will be with us in the parks and at the MVMCP. Bret will be running the half marathon the Saturday we are leaving. They are staying at Pop Century.

Transportation:
    We are flying down on Southwest. We didn't get a great deal but booked early enough to get the best offered rate. We are flying in early Saturday morning and will be arriving at MCO @ 1:30 in the afternoon. This will be my first time down at a non Disney owned resort as an adult and we also had to rent a car. I went through Orbitz and was able to secure a mini van for the week through Firefly. I'm kind of excited to drive around on property as we always have been at the mercy of the Disney bus system. Our return flight is at 7:00 in the evening.

Park Days:
    We have 6 day MYW tickets we purchased this summer with gift cards we've received over the last year and a half. We will also be attending the first MVMCP of the year.
    11/3 - Our first day will be spent at MK with the main focus to see everything in New Fantasyland
    11/4 - Epcot with a lot of our time spent in WS. 2011 was our first experience with F&W, and we are now hooked!
    11/5 - AK and later head to DTD if we are in the mood.
    11/6 - DHS
    11/7 - Back to Epcot
    11/8 - DTD and then MVMCP
    11/9 - Playing this day by ear. We aren't using a park day on Friday so we will have 1 day left on our tickets.

Planned Firsts:
    Michelle and Wendy will be taking Peyton to DTD the day of the party to the BBB. I think Michelle is more excited about this than Peyton.
    Disney Golf - Ed and I will be golfing twice this trip. I've never golfed on my Disney vacations, so this will be very exciting for me as I am an avid golf fan. We will be playing The Magnolia on Monday and LBV on Friday before the party.

Dining:
    We decided to make no reservations this trip. Aside from F&W, we really want to eat at BOG, which we will just tolerate the lunch wait our first MK day. We had many sit down dinners on our honeymoon, and we just didn't like the feel of needing to be somewhere on our vacation at a certain time. Also, being in Chicago, the food is just as expensive in WDW and half the quality of what we get here. We will be having breakfast at our resort, which will have a full kitchen at our exposal.

Thanks for reading. Can't wait to post the trip report. Only 11 more days until we are down there!
    Last edited by Eric87; 10-21-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing and have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

What a fun trip! It's nice to be able to share your time with family members!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great vacation is planned. Have a blast!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness