Quantcast Magic Bank and FP+ Live Date

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Bank and FP+ Live Date

Well, I put this under "Rumours" because.....

I was speaking with a Disney Computer CM yesterday trying to get MDE straightened out and during the conversation I told her that I realized the program was going "live" in November, she said, "Where did you hear that? We got a memo this morning that said it wouldn't be until January 5th".

She also told me that you could not pick your FP+ options until 26 days out from your trip; yet I see posts here that indicate people are picking their options for December already.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week, when I spoke to a cast member about how to use fast pass + with my annual pass, I was told that the system is still on a trial, invitation only basis and complete roll-out had not yet been announced.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at WL right now and they went live here Tuesday
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    I'm at WL right now and they went live here Tuesday
    You say live, but were you given KTTW cards? If they did, then it is still testing. Just because they are being given to all guests at 1 resort, that does not make them live.

I was just at AKL last week were almost all of the guests had Magic bands, but the system is not live. You are still given KTTW cards as a back up, and will for the foreseeable future. Talking with many in Disney IT last week, testing has been extended due to issues with Annual passes as well as working out issues with the billing system. January 5th may be the tentative general release date, but that could change again.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Well, I put this under "Rumours" because.....

I was speaking with a Disney Computer CM yesterday trying to get MDE straightened out and during the conversation I told her that I realized the program was going "live" in November, she said, "Where did you hear that? We got a memo this morning that said it wouldn't be until January 5th".

She also told me that you could not pick your FP+ options until 26 days out from your trip; yet I see posts here that indicate people are picking their options for December already.
    Yeah, we made our FP+ selections way before 26 days out. More like 55 days out. Made them almost two weeks ago now, and we are just now at 36 days out.

I had been hearing it would "go live" Oct. 25th, but it seems like that was maybe the roll out date for all onsite resorts to be included in this next phase of testing. Seems like you no longer have to be staying at specific resorts, or get an invite to try it out. Perhaps that was the goal to be met by that Oct. 25 date.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I did not recieve an invite, just saw it available on MDE.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I had just heard, and again take with a grain of salt, that testing was now pushed into January 2014.... Nothing about alive date for January, just still testing...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I had just heard, and again take with a grain of salt, that testing was now pushed into January 2014.... Nothing about alive date for January, just still testing...
    Yeah, I agree with you. I think we will likely see the dates pushed back several times before it officially goes live completely.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

This entire program has been nothing short of one huge hot mess.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If you heard what happened yesterday, or was it the day before??? you'd think it was a complete cluster you know what...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

You can say that about anything Disney does when it comes to technology, not just this program.

If you heard what happened yesterday, or was it the day before??? you'd think it was a complete cluster you know what...
    When I checked in on 10/6, the system kept crashing. This was the first real test of it with increased crowds and it could not handle it. If they had a performance test lab set up, this would have been found prior to trials.

Once this thing is finally working, I think it will be good. There were parts which worked flawlessly for us and it made things very convenient. Some of the things that are broken, though, are things which would have been caught if Disney had a stronger IT department, especially in house testing. Disney, like many companies, are quick to cut corners when it comes to testing because it does not directly generate revenue.
    Christine șoș

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

AP Holder here...I still have not gotten/seen/read any reliable infromation (if there is such a thing on this subject) of how this is going to work for AP Holders?? Enlighten me someone please? In the beginning talk was that APH's would get x amount of FP's available to them per month...Anyone have any idea how this is going to work? I just renewed my pass and I'm leary that when I go to get my new pass card they are going to make me get a stupid magic band. I don't want any part of this until I absolutely have no choice. I'm just fine using the current FP system and don't want that option taken away from me until it's taken away from everyone.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! What happened. I'm hoping our trip in Nov goes smoothly.

Just out of curiosity, since our trip will now be during "testing". Do they give you a survey after your trip or is it just testing their process and they are not looking for feedback?
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    You can say that about anything Disney does when it comes to technology, not just this program.

When I checked in on 10/6, the system kept crashing. This was the first real test of it with increased crowds and it could not handle it. If they had a performance test lab set up, this would have been found prior to trials.

Once this thing is finally working, I think it will be good. There were parts which worked flawlessly for us and it made things very convenient. Some of the things that are broken, though, are things which would have been caught if Disney had a stronger IT department, especially in house testing. Disney, like many companies, are quick to cut corners when it comes to testing because it does not directly generate revenue.
    Does anyone know if Disney did this project in-house or hired consultants? As a veteran of IT consulting this reeks of a consultant project. Over-promise and under-deliver.

Glad our next trip is planned for July '14 in hopes they have the kinks worked out by then.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    Does anyone know if Disney did this project in-house or hired consultants? As a veteran of IT consulting this reeks of a consultant project. Over-promise and under-deliver.

Glad our next trip is planned for July '14 in hopes they have the kinks worked out by then.
    I don't know for certain, but I'm thinking it was largely consultants/contractors. I say this as most large corporations have gone that route. I work for the parent company of Universal and their practice for workers is 70/30 split, with the 70% representing contractors.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I know it's very frustrating. Those of us that work in technology (yourself included) find it hard to fathom how someone can so consistently get something so wrong.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's very frustrating. Those of us that work in technology (yourself included) find it hard to fathom how someone can so consistently get something so wrong.
    What they need to do is restructure their IT organization. Make sure testing is it's own department (I'm betting it is not that way now) and have a group devoted to performance/load testing. This would help prevent or least lessen the slow response time when there are times of high transaction volumes.

Ian, I think you and I should offer our services to fix their IT organization. 2 problems with that:

1. Disney doesn't pay enough to afford either you or I. They are notorious for paying their IT staff 1/3 less than what they could get elsewhere. Talent goes where the money is.
    2. Do either you or I really want to deal with that big of a headache ?
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

So much for Iger being the tech guru huh? I guess weathermen cannot become tech savy IT CEOs of major media companies after all...

The over abundance of people on the system could have led to what happened the other day to happen... But, at the same time, when you read what happened, I think you'll be seeing part of what is in the future for WDW with this FP+/NextGen program...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Oh no! What happened. I'm hoping our trip in Nov goes smoothly.
    Major system glitch the other day where paper fast passes were not available by 9:15 or so for TSMM, Test Track, and Soarin... HUGE stand by lines... Many people were ticked off... There were no same day FP's available for those three attractions pretty much all day... Caused major headaches and issues... If this is what we have to look forward to (when all the FPs are gone cause of the FP+ booking), this is going to be a huge nightmare (and turn a lot of people off to WDW, rightfully so)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    Chris said it... Lots of consultants...

Post Thanks / Like

For a week I've been trying to get our FP+ selections in and tweaked and constantly running into problems such as crashing the website and pages not loading, but that's not all.

The past 3 days has been the worst (I did the first 2 days that went okay, but didn't have time to finish since website was soo slow (and I'm no a 54Mb connection, so not me) constant time-outs, page not loaded, 'cannot process at this time' and other tech glitches.

Now I've got 2 days it tells me someone in the party already has got FP+ selections on the day, so can't make more for them.. (one problem cleared after waiting 24 hours and trying again, but later resurfaced when I made a change) and even more fun is that each time it tells me it's a different person each attempt that has the conflict, and nobody actually has any for the day (even the website shows nobody with any fp+ for the day on another screen.)

Also see problems on days where not all FP+ selections show on the 'itinerary' screen. Some seem missing, but when you go to other screens they are there.

Needless to say, they are def having problems handling the volume and I really feel for people who have had to wait until the last minute... as well as Disney support who are going to have to deal with this mess. No way is this ready for Prime-Time.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: