Quantcast No-Show Charges for all Table Service ADR's

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No-Show Charges for all Table Service ADR's

I just heard that Disney is planning to expand the current $10/person cancellation charges for Table Service no-shows from the current list, to all TS ADR's.

Although I've always tried to cancel my ADR's as soon as I've realized I can't/won't use it, I guess there is still an issue with no-shows, and this will help, as well as make a bit of extra $$ for Disney. But, I also remember the morning when we woke up and realized that no one felt well enough to be going anywhere fast ... it would have been rotten to be charged $40 on top of everyone not feeling well.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

.....it's becoming the new theme at 'the world' ......"Pay to play ...and pay not to play".
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not loving that. We like to be more spontaneous. But on the other hand, this might free up more dining reservations and make it easier to enjoy our favorites without having to book so far in advance. People will be more hesitant to book 180 days out if they know it will cost them to cancel. The people who make it a habit to routinely overbook might change tactics.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a cancellation charge or a no-show charge?

Post Thanks / Like

UGH....

We always cancel our reservations if we aren't going to use them. However... we like to be able to change our minds the morning of or even a few hours before the ADR.

It's for this reason I never book at the places that require a deposit.

I long for the day you could walk in at most of the places. A Disney vacation is becoming too much work to plan.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    A Disney vacation is becoming too much work to plan.
    I agree....

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Last year, we unknowingly attended Epcot during its Food & Wine Festival's soft opening. We had ADRs at Flying Fish that night. Our DS (then 2) was sleeping in his stroller. My wife asked me to call and cancel our ressies (which weren't for another 90 minutes) and eat at Food & Wine instead of waking our son. The Cast Member did not charge us a cancelation fee, but not without resistance. Initially, she told us she'd have to charge us the cancelation fee because it was too close to our time and a sleeping child is not a good enough reason. After a few minutes, however, she changed her mind.

FYI: soft opening was terrific!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    Is it a cancellation charge or a no-show charge?
    I'm sorry for being confusing. From what I've heard, it will be a no-show charge, or if you cancel on the same day as the ADR.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I totally get why Disney implemented this, but I can see a lot of people getting charged for not making a meal due to circumstances beyond their control.

Post Thanks / Like

It will make me even more inclined to make very few, if any, advance dining reservations and, instead, decide to make reservations (if available) on the fly.

There are times when I have canceled reservations I do not want to keep BUT I always to cancel. I remember the time we were staying at Wilderness Lodge and Gene had a cold. We had a reservation in either the Boardwalk area or Downtown Disney (I forget which) and we just did not feel like traveling there. We canceled just a few hours before the reservation and ate at Whispering Canyon instead. If we were to be charged for a same day cancellation, I would have felt forced to travel to that dining establishment.

Yup - I think dining on the fly is definitely in my future!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, never making an ADR again unless it's within hours of the meal. Our trips are WAY too prone to changes to have to deal with this.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Ten dollars a person?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Initially, she told us she'd have to charge us the cancelation fee because it was too close to our time and a sleeping child is not a good enough reason.
    That's terrible!!!! Completely unwelcoming! "No sorry, you must take your sleeping child out of his slumber so you can have dinner with us on the Boardwalk. Have a magical day!" That's the way to treat guests at a family destination resort!

We made ADRs on one trip and we said "never again," but I see how this could get frustrating. It's the lack of customer service in MrPeetrie's situation that would infuriate me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have extenuating circumstances they usually work with you. We had to cancel two hours before an ADR and explained a party member was ill. We canceled and we were not charged.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who never, or at least very rarely makes ADR's other than same day, I'm seeing this as a good thing. Should free up more same day/walk-up space.
    Jeff

Opus X Guest

I agree 110% for charging a person a NO show.
    Canceling a ressie wont cost anything, and that allows another person to take your place...
    But, a no show? sorry. pay up.
    We usually book 2 adr's...When we book we show up.
    If something "comes up" thats not WDW's fault.
    Its my responsibility to be there on time.
    If not...10.00..no big deal.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    As someone who never, or at least very rarely makes ADR's other than same day, I'm seeing this as a good thing. Should free up more same day/walk-up space.
    Agreed. There is a reason for this...alot of folks book ADR's, then pick and choose which ones to show up for.
    We also, make alot of SAME day ADR...Just do it early in day and dont try to eat Supper at 6pm.
    We will eat at like....730. and usually get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm in the minority here and see this as a good thing. It will free up a lot of ADR's. Exceptions will be made for extenuating circumstances (i.e., someone is sick).
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    If you have extenuating circumstances they usually work with you. We had to cancel two hours before an ADR and explained a party member was ill. We canceled and we were not charged.
    Yep..

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Belle of the Ball 051411 View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here and see this as a good thing. It will free up a lot of ADR's. Exceptions will be made for extenuating circumstances (i.e., someone is sick).
    You arent in the minority.
    MOST folks understand and most folks have been wanting this for a long time.
    A FEW folks always has an excuse for not showing up on time or at all...This will keep folks from making alot of ADR's intending on only using a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    You arent in the minority.
    MOST folks understand and most folks have been wanting this for a long time.
    A FEW folks always has an excuse for not showing up on time or at all...This will keep folks from making alot of ADR's intending on only using a few.
    There are 2 sides to this...make no mistake. While it will be nice to have more availability day of (and probably when making 'advanced' ADRs), there are also many situations which arise, which are NOT excuses. Whether this is a good thing or not really depends on how it's handled by Disney when there is a legit reason for missing or canceling at the last minute. As has been relayed in this very thread, there have been mixed reactions from CMs.

But again, this is just another check in the box as to why a WDW vacation is becoming less and less desirable for me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: