Quantcast 8th Trip in the Can - 2nd (and Last) Day Pt 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8th Trip in the Can - 2nd (and Last) Day Pt 1

Waking up on Wednesday morning was sort of a combination of sadness and determination. Sad b/c it was our last full day. Determined in that it was going to go out with a bang. Indeed.

Morning adventures? Blizzard Beach in the rain. My first Disney Water Park experience ever...We arrived 40 minutes early. There was 1 car in the parking lot. Our bus driver was hilarious. "Ok, so it opens at ten? You'll be done by eleven. Ok, guys, let's drop them off and get outta here quick!"

Of course we made friends w/ the CMs working the gates. When we saw a group of about 5 people coming to get in line, we joked a lot about getting out the riot gear and hoses. Hold 'em back! It's a mob scene! Our friends joined us from their resort just as DH and I were allowed to entered. 1st ones in! High five!

We got the lay of the land, pick a cabana right by the Polar Pub, of course and I jumped right into the wave pool, despite the rain. We did decided not to wait for the skies to clear up and did all the rides before noon. Just in time for the sun to poke it's head out and for the Polar Pub to open.

For those that may have seen my thread in the Water Park forum...I did NOT do Summit Plummet. But I DID do the Slusher Gusher. Got some nice bruises as souvenirs from that one.

The husbands went off to do the rides again and again. Us gals decided to sit in the sun, chat and enjoy many Grey Goose Slushes.

We did eat. Lunch at Lottawatta Lodge. I really wanted the kid's meal turkey sandwich. So I got it. I made a joke about it w/ the CMs working the line and they enjoyed it enough to throw me a free cheese pizza. Kid's size, of course. They were hysterical. I was too. Could have been the slushes...and chlorine.

Hey! The Lazy River? Is it the world's longest Lazy River? I almost fell asleep of relaxation. I think it's the first time I've ever been relaxed at Disney World!!! I asked a few of the Lifeguards where the Motivation River was? They seemed so sluggish and sleepy b/c there were only like 5 people in the park.

As we exited, around 3, we spotted it. The MINI DONUT stand. OH.My.Lanta. We almost died b/c they were so good. There many comments made about how much we loved them. None of which I can share here. But basically...no, I can't even relay the comments in a basic way. Oh man. So good.

Next stop: back to CBR to prep for dinner, drinks and another friend's arrival at Epcot!!!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    The husbands went off to do the rides again and again. Us gals decided to sit in the sun, chat and enjoy many Grey Goose Slushes.
    Vodka and Wave pools: 2 for America!

Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    As we exited, around 3, we spotted it. The MINI DONUT stand. OH.My.Lanta. We almost died b/c they were so good. There many comments made about how much we loved them. None of which I can share here. But basically...no, I can't even relay the comments in a basic way. Oh man. So good.
    Now mini doughnuts are on my list.

Who cares if it is raining if it is warm (and it was) and you're in a swimsuit. Still, glad it cleared up. Having it all to yourself must have been a blast!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDINK View Post
    Vodka and Wave pools: 2 for America!

Now mini doughnuts are on my list.

Who cares if it is raining if it is warm (and it was) and you're in a swimsuit. Still, glad it cleared up. Having it all to yourself must have been a blast!
    'merica! Seriously!!!

It was a blast. Honestly, the entire trip, we had no waits. For anything. SPOILED rotten!!!
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you are having a blast. thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

What fun! Glad you didn't let the rain spoil your fun in the water! Oh wait, wasn't the whole point to get wet anyway!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    What fun! Glad you didn't let the rain spoil your fun in the water! Oh wait, wasn't the whole point to get wet anyway!!
    Exactly! Just wish the temp would have been bumped up by at least 5 degrees during the cloudy part of the day. But it did not stop us from owning that park!
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Hats off to you for going in the rain. Some silly people would avoid it and wait for the crowds and THE SUN! Ugh!

I haven't done Summit Plummit either but is Slusher Gusher the on right next to Summit Plummit? We liked that one too!

I'm loving the trip reports.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: