Quantcast Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irish Scots Twins Trip Sept 2013 - Day 6

Cast
    Dragongirlx (Ruth)
    Jeniflower
    we are two twin sisters who grew up in Northern Ireland but now live in Scotland

Trip takes place from 31st August to the 11 September

We had a bit of a lie in today and didn’t rush out. Eventually we got up and headed out to catch the bus to down town Disney. There was a little bit of a wait but eventually the bus came and after a short stop at typhoon lagoon we had arrived. Our first stop as always was the Christmas shop. This was actually a little disappointing. In previous years we were always able to find something here that wasn’t in the parks but this year we didn’t see anything we hadn’t seen before. Didn’t buy a thing and headed to TrendD. There was some lovely things but again we didn’t buy anything here as we had seen most of the things at the parks. Next we headed to Basin – love the soaps in this store and we always buy enough to last a year as you cannot get them in the UK. Along with the soap we also bought some of their body butter. I usually buy the ones from the Body Shop but was tempted by the sunshine one as it smelt so lovely. Its also a very good consistency and not greasy or too light.
    After basin it was time to head to once upon a toy. We had bought my 6 year old nephew a little skateboarding Stich and he had asked us to look for other characters. We had seen a little Mickey one in the emporium but the back of the pack had pictures of two others so we were hoping to get them here. Alas no but I knew he would like the Mickey. After that it was time to tackle world of Disney. We had a basket each and headed in (we really need a trolley here). We bought loads, including a Merida dress for our 2 year old niece, we were certainly weighed down with things. Luckily Virgin Holidays had given us a gift card for $100 which helped towards the cost.
    Now it was time for lunch so we went over to the Earl of Sandwich. This is one of our favourite places to eat. There was a long line, but it moved quickly. I ordered the holiday turkey (which I had never tried before) and Jeniflower had the original 1762. Once the sandwiches were ready we tucked in. They were both lovely. The bread is so light and the fillings are always perfect. The holiday turkey was as good as it looked and I would have it again. Jeniflower did enjoy hers but she still wishes they would bring back the beef and blue as that is her favourite.
    After lunch we took a walk to the the lego store and the Westside and then came back to grab some Jelly beans at Goofy’s Candy company before going to catch the bus. Briefly stopped at wilderness lodge to put our shopping away before heading to the boat. We weren’t going to the Magic Kingdom but were planning a tour of the shops at the monorail resorts. We caught the iron man monrail to the contemporary and looked around. Then headed to the poly, Jeni was hoping to find some Stitch Earrings like the ones I bought when we stayed there a few years ago but there was none to be found. Enjoyed looking around and then decided we would walk to the ticket and transportation centre and catch the monorail to Epcot for the evening.
    Had another lovely evening in EPCOT and another squirrel story. For dinner we decided to get fish and chips and were sitting eating it the seating section near to the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. There were a few people there and some wildlife hanging around, trying to get food. We hear someone say oh look how cute a squirrel. The squirrel was on the wall near us but it was anything but cute, it had quite noticeable bald spots, lumps and tumours all over and clearly had some horrible disease. Despite this one family led it over with food and proceeded to hand it chips to eat, while still eating . I personally wouldn’t have gone near the poor thing and I do hope they all washed their hands. It did amaze Jeniflower and myself though that they would feed it.
    After another lovely evening in EPCOT it was back to wilderness lodge once again.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Shopping fun!! Looks like you had a mostly successful trip even though there were some things you did not find.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Love your reports. I'm going to have to check out Basin it sounds neat.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: