Quantcast 8th Trip in the Can - Arrival & 1st Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8th Trip in the Can - Arrival & 1st Day

I'm back, I'm in my cubicle, I'm sad...

My 3rd trip this year, and 8th in life, was a really good one! I can't believe how quick it went.

Flew down w/ DH and took the ME to CBR. I hadn't stayed here since I was wild teenager. Forgotten how big it is. Luckily, we were rewarded with getting a room (in Jamaica) on the ground floor, close to transportation. Bus stop right outside our door, basically.

We arrived around dinner time. Off to DTD to meet our friends & travel buddies at Bongos for dinner. Here I'd like to thank Disney for the free Dining Plus plan b/c DH, myself & our friends inhaled the Paella. A $75 dish that was amazing, enormous and just a great way start out our Disney trip. Value and then some. Bongos is great. They know what's up.

The next day: DHS all day. Starting with: Walk on at TSM. Walk on. Ok, I admit, I had these Fast Passes I'd been issued as a courtesy. 12 in total. So we Walked on to TSM twice in 1 day. It was extremely exciting. I am the worst at this game. Out of the 4 of us, I'm always last place. But I don't care.

I finally got to do the Back Lot Tour. It was advised that I not volunteer for anything while waiting in line. And I was glad I didn't. Those people get soaked in that Harbor Attack thing, huh? I was loving watching them get soaked. Glad it wasn't me.

Had a delicious Veggie Panini at the Studio Catering company. And a delicious Rum & Coke at the bar. Double shot. Why not? Gave me just enough of the giggles to start chanting the CM's name while in line to get our picture taken w/ the Incredibles.

We also walked on to the Pirates of the Caribbean experience. Cute. Nice and short. Any longer and I think I'd have been bored. But I enjoyed it.

Due to inclimate weather, we had the following experiences: Indian Jones showed without the plane scene. I was sad, but understood it was about safety. My friends had never seen this show, so I was bummed they didn't' get the full effect. And Fantasmic was cancelled due to the rain, as well. Again, safety. But they did do the water and fireworks. It was exciting and we didn't fuss too much about the cancellation. We're a pretty easygoing group.

We used our Fast Passes to walk on TOT, Muppets and Star Tours. DH was the only one who wanted to do Rockin' Rollercoaster. A nice person gave him a FP of theirs, so he just used that.

Diner at the Sci Fi Diner. I wrote this up in the Dining thread. It was a blast.

The night ended w/ rain, but good memories.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You managed to work around the sogginess quite well!! Sounds like you got off to a good and fun start! It's nice to be able to share your trip with others.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    We arrived around dinner time. Off to DTD to meet our friends & travel buddies at Bongos for dinner. Here I'd like to thank Disney for the free Dining Plus plan b/c DH, myself & our friends inhaled the Paella. A $75 dish that was amazing, enormous and just a great way start out our Disney trip. Value and then some. Bongos is great. They know what's up.
    We love the Cuban food there too.

Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    Had a delicious Veggie Panini at the Studio Catering company. And a delicious Rum & Coke at the bar. Double shot. Why not? Gave me just enough of the giggles to start chanting the CM's name while in line to get our picture taken w/ the Incredibles.
    Atta girl!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great start. Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I like your style! Go with the flow. Have a rum and coke double. Eat some cuban food. I enjoyed your trip report.

Post Thanks / Like

Great start to your vacation. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    I like your style! Go with the flow. Have a rum and coke double. Eat some cuban food. I enjoyed your trip report.
    Oh a short trip like this one, it's the only way to do it!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Kristen, I am sorry that you are sad! I know how those post-vacation Disney blues can be.

On the positive side, it sounds like your arrival and first day at DHS was a complete and utter blast - well, with the exception of the rain! Glad you didn't let it dampen your day and that you enjoyed the dining and libations that DHS has to offer!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: