Quantcast Wheelchair & Fireworks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wheelchair & Fireworks

I was wondering where would be the best place to watch the fireworks with a family member that is confined to a wheelchair (aka can't stand up to watch the firework show)?

OR I see people watching the fireworks in that little sitting area in front of The Plaza Restaurant ..how do you get a spot there???
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are designated wheelchair areas look for one of those. They fill up very quickly, so arrive early. The other option is the Wishes Dessert Party where you get a seat at the Tomorrowland Terrace. That costs and you have to have an ADR, but it's a lot of fun and you get a great view of the show.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to get a GAC card. My mom had foot surgery before our last trip and was on an ECV, we arrived early and parked her in the area designated for handicapped. I left and went to the gift shop when I returned I found my mother gone. Turns out a cast member threw her out said she needed a GAC. I left and got her the GAC but by that time our spots were gone and the cast member in Guest Relations said they don't normally ask for a GAC. I would get one anyway

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    BI left and got her the GAC but by that time our spots were gone and the cast member in Guest Relations said they don't normally ask for a GAC. I would get one anyway
    That was out of line by the CM. The CM at guest relations is correct - they never ask for a GAC for someone in a wheelchair or ECV. I have taken my mom several times in an ECV, and my son twice when he injured his knee, and we've never gotten a GAC and been just fine.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    That was out of line by the CM. The CM at guest relations is correct - they never ask for a GAC for someone in a wheelchair or ECV. I have taken my mom several times in an ECV, and my son twice when he injured his knee, and we've never gotten a GAC and been just fine.
    I second what Chris said. We have never needed to get a GAC for my Mom and I don't think we will need one with the new DAS system either. That CM was wrong and out of line.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: