Quantcast Animal Kingdom - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Stop trying to convince the OP to like Animal Kingdom! If he/she doesn't like it and appreciate it for what it is, then definitely, it's not for him/her. The local zoo would be a far better choice.

My family and I enjoy Animal Kingdom but I would not travel a thousand miles or spend that much money to go only to that particular park. But as part of the whole package including the 3 other parks, it's great! I likely would also not travel for DHS if it was a stand-alone park either. At the very least, they wouldn't be an annual trip.
    Not trying to convince them to like it....although its anyones right to do that......but really just pointing out the errors in statements as to why they dont like it.
    Its not a zoo....its not what they described it as.
    They didnt say "desirable" to them....they said its not desirable....and of course it is.
    Big difference. It is VERY desirable to the masses.
    obviously...just being picky...from both sides..but, Its sunday and a great day for a good back and forth debate...;-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at it from the OP's point of view, it's not desirable to pay that much for 7 rides and 4 shows. If it wasn't part of the bigger picture, I wouldn't do it either.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Opus X Guest

If you look at it from the OP's point of view, it's not desirable to pay that much for 7 rides and 4 shows. If it wasn't part of the bigger picture, I wouldn't do it either.
    Na, I think they are just tough to please... kidding.
    But, seriously, Why even goto WDW. If one is looking for thrill rides...etc.
    Disney is much more and different than a six flags style park. I mean A.K. is a VERY unique park...none other like it on earth. Of course, not everyone will like it.
    But, again, it was described incorrectly from the beginning. The premise is incorrect.
    My point was....A.K. is the 7th most popular theme park. CLEARLY, its desirable.
    The whole first post just seems....troll like. ymmv.
    But, yeah if some one doesnt like it STAY HOME....less lines for me to wait in.
    But, since its the 7th most visited park....i figure ill still have to wait a bit....;-)

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't part of the bigger picture, I wouldn't do it either.
    Exactly, if this park was in Miami or Tampa would so many people go out of their way to visit? AK benefits from the captive audience, you purchase a four day or more pass, you probably visit four different parks. The fact that it does not have the fourth largest attendance speaks volumes.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, but it is 4th in North America, beating out DHS and both Universal parks.

Luckily, we have a choice to go to AK or not go. I prefer to go. It is my favorite of all four WDW parks (second only to Disneyland for me) and I can easily spend all day (and multiple days) there. That said, I am also an amimal lover so that may make a difference.

If it is thrill rides you want, head to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California. There are 18 coasters there.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be in the "Eh, AK's okay" camp, but over the years it has really grown on me and I appreciate the details a lot more than I did in the beginning. My DH really enjoys AK, and he's made me see it through his eyes - which is funny since he's not a big Disney World fan to begin with (yet I still married him.....that's real love right there!). We don't usually spend a full day there, but at least a good half day or a bit more.

I won't try to convince you to love it, or even like it, but just keep in mind that it is not "just a zoo".

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I see the Disney militants are out in force once again. Stone the outsider who doesn't blindly follow the crowds. He doesn't love the theming? Stone him he's a witch! All I'm saying is to travel 1200 miles, book a hotel room and spend hundreds of dollars just to fill a fourth day in WDW just doesn't make sense to me. We usually go to AK first thing in the morning, head back to our room for a rest, then go to EPCOT once it gets dark. If there were more to do after the seven attractions and 20 minutes gazing at the animals we'd be much happier. Apparently the people at Disney agree with me seeing how they're considering raising the MK prices above the other parks prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my. I don't think this is a witch hunt. I think other people are expressing their opinions - just like you are. The beautiful part of all this? You don't HAVE to go to AK if you don't like it. There's nothing wrong with that. Use your passes to go to another park that you enjoy more. It's all good.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by quack arf squeak View Post
    Well, I see the Disney militants are out in force once again. Stone the outsider who doesn't blindly follow the crowds. He doesn't love the theming? Stone him he's a witch! All I'm saying is to travel 1200 miles, book a hotel room and spend hundreds of dollars just to fill a fourth day in WDW just doesn't make sense to me. We usually go to AK first thing in the morning, head back to our room for a rest, then go to EPCOT once it gets dark. If there were more to do after the seven attractions and 20 minutes gazing at the animals we'd be much happier. Apparently the people at Disney agree with me seeing how they're considering raising the MK prices above the other parks prices.
    Actually, for a multi day myw ticket you arent paying much at all to goto A.K.
    When you post an opinion....expect point/counterpoint. What did you expect..folks to agree with you?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I do think it's a full day park. We get there about 9 in the morning and usually leave about 5. We find plenty to do in that time frame and there are still a few shows we haven't seen yet and we never do the carnival rides. We are not parade people either. There are some attractions we do more than once since they are so fun.

I wouldn't mind a few new rides, but I'm not worrying about it.

I suggest to people who rush through this park to do the wildlife walks. There is so much to see if you take your time and look around. The Tree of Life is really cool up close. Walk around it and take in the carvings, they are amazing.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom tends to draw strong feelings. I really enjoy it but I can understand why others might not.

It doesn't tend to be a full day park for me since it has shorter hours and I use the opportunity to do something else we like with part of the day. The rest of my family doesn't like it as much as me, so we don't even go on every trip.

As someone else mentioned there are plenty of things to do at WDW, so if Animal Kingdom isn't your thing, I wouldn't go.

Now if your question really is, "shouldn't they add more attractions to Animal Kingdom" , you might get a different response. I think most people would welcome more to do at AK. It has been a long time since they announced Avatar and there really isn't anything on the horizon.

I think it would be nice if they added something that would make AK more of a night time park. I miss the evening EMH at AK. It is really a beautiful park at night but it closes so early compared to the other parks .
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting OP.
    Your reply though certainly seems to indicate you are looking for some sort of argument...the Disney militants ? really.
    So your on a board that is talking all about Disney. Mostly why people like/dislike certain things, and information from other people who have been there. but now they are militants for expressing their point of view ?

Look, if you do not think its worth spending your money based upon what you see there, then do what you think is best.

It is a Disney themed animal sanctuary. Should they expand it to include more rides ? I would like that idea. but that was not your OP.

As to the Disney people being on board - well technically they are not. you mention the idea of raising the price above the rest at MK to support your theory, but that argument doesn't hold water, as now you are grouping in epcot & DHS into the argument.
    Lets face it the main idea behind raising prices at MK would be for the single day park goer- multi day passes would negate the effectiveness of raising the price at only 1 park (thus they can extoll the virtue of the value of the multiday pass over a single park pass).

a couple of other random points:
    If you are going to WDW then you are following the crowds. whether you do it blindly or not...isn't that up to you.

I do not think getting the 'witch' stoned is a good idea perhaps sharing a beer
    one never knows what spells they will cast...
    And if you do not like the theming...well do what you need to.

For me my fourth day down in Florida will be spent at Universal...

In any case.. have a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like

Good points Gueli. Unfortunately there is a certain type of poster that will follow a particular formula no matter what is said. That formula is: "If I disagree with you, I'm expressing my right to have an opinion. If you disagree with me, you're shouting me down, being militant, etc." Fill in any equivalent term at the end of that last sentence. They either don't care that they're doing that, or they're oblivious to the contradiction.

Post Thanks / Like

I see your point. We have always used park hopper tickets, so all parks are the same value to us. We hit 2 or more daily. 1 day tickets or the 1 park per day tickets seem like a rip off.
    Our trips are at least a week so we always go to AK. We love the shows and animals and trails. The tickets are heavily weighted toward the longer trips having the greatest value.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Sorry but I do think it's a full day park. We get there about 9 in the morning and usually leave about 5. We find plenty to do in that time frame and there are still a few shows we haven't seen yet and we never do the carnival rides. We are not parade people either. There are some attractions we do more than once since they are so fun.

I wouldn't mind a few new rides, but I'm not worrying about it.

I suggest to people who rush through this park to do the wildlife walks. There is so much to see if you take your time and look around. The Tree of Life is really cool up close. Walk around it and take in the carvings, they are amazing.
    Yep..the tree alone takes a nice half hour. And the trails ae our favourite part. Its just a nice easy park to be lazy in. Certainly a whole day park.
    We rode E.E. 2 times and rapids twice. After you see a couple shows and do the trails and safari...alot of time goes by. Its definitely a slow paced park.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Good points Gueli. Unfortunately there is a certain type of poster that will follow a particular formula no matter what is said. That formula is: "If I disagree with you, I'm expressing my right to have an opinion. If you disagree with me, you're shouting me down, being militant, etc." Fill in any equivalent term at the end of that last sentence. They either don't care that they're doing that, or they're oblivious to the contradiction.
    I know alot of people like that....if they disagree...its "ok"..but if I disagree....then I(we) are closed minded....or We are militant...
    Those folks are usually VERY limited intellectually.
    I love a good debate. Never take it personal and I will always shake when done with the debate...Disney or politics...

Post Thanks / Like

Stop trying to convince the OP to like Animal Kingdom! If he/she doesn't like it and appreciate it for what it is, then definitely, it's not for him/her. The local zoo would be a far better choice.
    Agreed. It's not very everyone. I personally think there are dozens of attractions at AK, including the shows and the animal walking trails. The good news is if a family doesn't like AK, there are 3 other theme parks and 2 water parks, and DDT and resorts to enjoy instead! Personally, after decades of going to WDW and watching our family grow up with WDW, AK has probably become our favorite park. It's very relaxing. And with wild animals as part of the attractions, it's different each time.

Post Thanks / Like

Try as I might, I just can't seem to find where I said that I don't like the Animal Kingdom. Quite the opposite. What I was trying to convey was that with more attractions it would be more worthwhile. Right from the start I get a dozen people telling me that they love to just walk around and take in the theming. Fine. But that doesn't change the way I feel. So then I'm told to stay home and even that I have limited intelligence. Sooo.. I see what I'm dealing with here. Love Disney right or wrong but don't dis the mouse.

Post Thanks / Like

Try as I might, I just can't seem to find where I said that I don't like the Animal Kingdom. Quite the opposite. What I was trying to convey was that with more attractions it would be more worthwhile. Right from the start I get a dozen people telling me that they love to just walk around and take in the theming. Fine. But that doesn't change the way I feel. So then I'm told to stay home and even that I have limited intelligence. Sooo.. I see what I'm dealing with here. Love Disney right or wrong but don't dis the mouse.
    Seems to me you posted your opinion hoping more people would agree... and weren't pleased when only a few did. You started the discussion, be prepared for it to go many directions.

We spend 2 full days at Animal Kingdom usually. Love the park, it takes you away from the normal chaos of the parks. As others have said if all your looking for is "rides" and especially thrill rides it won't appeal to you. Thats ok.

We spent two hours alone on the Tiger trail our last trip which I'd far rather do then ride back to back roller coasters.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

The same complaints I've heard about Animal Kingdom, I've heard about Epcot as well ... Not enough rides. The people who only do rides, are often dissapointed at some of the Disney Parks, and maybe they'd be better off going to a Six Flags. I enjoy Animal Kingdom as well as all the Disney Parks and can make a full day out of any of them. I've never understood the "this-is-a-half-day-park" thing.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: